Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: mrcavalcade Pumps lined up for a day - Sun Aug 05 2018 08:00 PM
Thought that rearranging the garage would be the ideal time, and perhaps the only time, to get 5 of my pumps lined up for a group shot before they each go to separate corners for a few more years. I have a G&B Visible also, but wasn’t man enough to even think of sliding it the 20’ to join the others! I am not really a pump guy, but am very happy to have these as part of my collection.

Attached picture ED35D9F6-1F61-4EAB-831D-624EEDBEBBE7.jpeg
Attached picture E662747E-3858-464A-A6DA-80B488D2F28D.jpeg
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Pumps lined up for a day - Sun Aug 05 2018 08:03 PM
Good looking "family" photo!
Posted By: Done4 Re: Pumps lined up for a day - Sun Aug 05 2018 08:06 PM
Good stuff!
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Pumps lined up for a day - Sun Aug 05 2018 08:27 PM
How cool is that!
Posted By: big blazer Re: Pumps lined up for a day - Mon Aug 06 2018 12:07 AM
Nice pumps
Posted By: advertologist Re: Pumps lined up for a day - Mon Aug 06 2018 12:22 AM
good looking lineup .. ... cool
Posted By: UpnorthNeil Re: Pumps lined up for a day - Mon Aug 06 2018 01:04 AM
Kevin that is an impressive collection of pumps for a self-proclaimed "non pump" guy. Congrats.
Posted By: mrcavalcade Re: Pumps lined up for a day - Mon Aug 06 2018 01:44 AM
Thanks for the nice comments. I appreciate the kindness. I always favored globes above all and never really saw myself as one whom might have more than maybe just one pump. Thus, the “not really a pump guy” proclamation. As the year or so has played out, I seem to have just been at the right place at the right time and pumps have appeared. Lol. The gilbarco on the far right, I spotted out of the corner of my eye driving down a seldom travelled road in my work truck to walk a right of way. Sitting outside it was, at the top of a gravel driveway, with a “for sale” sign on it and....quickly in reverse I put the truck and bought it within 5 minutes of first seeing it. The elderly gent was moving and just threw a sign on it. Lucky me, all original. Just cannot seem to determine a branding based off the “universal” ad glass. The green Erie and red aqua were sitting in a garage for the last 30 years and had I not asked a gent at the flea market if he had not brought any gas station items, I would never had acquired them. He said, I have two old pumps in my small garage and two hours later, I was loading them up. Lol. The far left ERIE, I had seen three years ago and always hoped to get it and as fate would have it, the owners were moving and thought it would be best to have it go to someone whom would treasure it. Thus, just got it two weeks ago. It was an original branded STERLING pump and I have the original pump plate and Quaker state ad glass for it as well. I am still in the process of cleaning it up and re-wiring it up. Lucky for me that as a globe collector, I have original globes that just seem to best fit the pumps in my eyes.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Pumps lined up for a day - Mon Aug 06 2018 02:34 AM
Nice, time to grow more I believe.
Posted By: AlbertaNorthStar Re: Pumps lined up for a day - Mon Aug 06 2018 02:57 AM
Thanks for sharing how the collection came to be, very nice!
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Pumps lined up for a day - Mon Aug 06 2018 03:51 AM
They look great. Three or more of a similar item is considered a collection, so if you have a collection that means you collected them making you a collector. If you collect pumps then you are also a pump guy. At least that is what I was told when I said I was not a globe guy. I have several original globes on my pumps and was told I am a globe collector.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Pumps lined up for a day - Mon Aug 06 2018 03:57 AM
Nice pumps!!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk