Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Oldgas Oldgas Road Trip Visits - Thu Jun 13 2019 02:50 PM
I'm such a lucky guy to be able to visit a couple of veteran Oldgas.com members on my recent road trip around Northern California and Southwest Oregon. Matt Alvarez showed me his gas pump collection at his home in the Sacramento, California area. He has fine tuned his collection with "rustoration" historically realistic restorations of unusual and sought-after gas pump models. Awesome. Great guy and loved every minute of it.

I've known Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood for over 20 years, but we never met face to face until now. His house, garage and location along the riverfront are a setting that dreams are made of. We could have visited for days looking at his collection and trading stories of adventures from the old days of collecting petroliana.

Description: I'm on the left and Matt Alvarez is on the right in his Gas Pump Garage
Attached picture MattAlvarezCA.jpg

Description: I'm on the left and Don Sherwood is on the right at his dream garage in Shady Grove, Oregon
Attached picture DonSherwoodShadyGroveOR.jpg
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: Oldgas Road Trip Visits - Thu Jun 13 2019 03:03 PM
Very cool Jim. Great collections guys !
Posted By: RedHat Re: Oldgas Road Trip Visits - Thu Jun 13 2019 04:04 PM
Looks like a great time!
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Oldgas Road Trip Visits - Thu Jun 13 2019 09:04 PM
Jim, Looks like you are having fun! Matt & Doc, Very nice collections.
Posted By: trifiver Re: Oldgas Road Trip Visits - Thu Jun 13 2019 09:56 PM
I really enjoy reading this stuff , Looks like you Guys all had fun
Nice to be able to be-able put a Face to a name

Sid
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Oldgas Road Trip Visits - Fri Jun 14 2019 12:51 AM
I agree with Sid, nice to see a couple of the collectors that I've read their names or comments on the forum for years but have never seen!
Darin
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Oldgas Road Trip Visits - Sat Jun 15 2019 04:00 AM
Jim, I really enjoyed having you over and talking with you. Great petro and auto body stories.

Today I got home from a visit with Don.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Oldgas Road Trip Visits - Sat Jun 15 2019 01:21 PM
Loved the time I had at your house, Matt. So much to see and there's a story behind each gas pump. Bet you had a great time with Don.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Oldgas Road Trip Visits - Mon Jun 17 2019 02:49 AM
Awesome guys! Id love to meet you all!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk