Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Alex Texaco Pump Topper Tower of Power - Mon Jul 08 2019 01:58 PM
While a Tokheim 300 isn't an exciting pump and Texaco Sky Chief gray is not exciting either...but, I have accumulated a couple of different cardboard Texaco pump toppers from when they started to market their "Petrox" additive in the mid 50s. Always wanted to do a pump around that theme and finally got it done. the two pics are a before and after. Someday I may do a Tokheim 39 with the other topper. The ads I have found are around the 39 and 300. There is still one topper I am missing...oh well, that's what makes collecting fun.

Attached picture Texaco Tokheim 300 Gas Pump Oldgas.jpg
Attached picture Texaco Tower of Power.jpg
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Texaco Pump Topper Tower of Power - Mon Jul 08 2019 07:55 PM
...I like it - accurate restorations are never boring...but, 'Sky Chief gray'? Thought they were silver...
Posted By: Alex Re: Texaco Pump Topper Tower of Power - Mon Jul 08 2019 09:36 PM
LOL...yeah, technically. It's silver...Good catch..
Posted By: Larry Nace Re: Texaco Pump Topper Tower of Power - Mon Jul 08 2019 11:58 PM
Looks great. Alex, Can’t wait to see your next pump topper project.
Posted By: KentuckyT Re: Texaco Pump Topper Tower of Power - Tue Jul 09 2019 03:03 PM
Looks great Alex! Love it!
Posted By: RedHat Re: Texaco Pump Topper Tower of Power - Wed Jul 10 2019 12:06 AM
Really liking it 👍
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: Texaco Pump Topper Tower of Power - Wed Jul 10 2019 12:24 AM
Looks great Alex. Ever been back to that half Bowser 410 a farmer was still using? Richard
Posted By: Alex Re: Texaco Pump Topper Tower of Power - Wed Jul 10 2019 07:16 PM
Not for sometime...I should go back up and see if it is still there. forgot about that.
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Texaco Pump Topper Tower of Power - Wed Jul 10 2019 07:43 PM
Boy that sure set’s the pump off looking good !
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk