Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Steven C. Latest creation Broken Sunoco sign - Sat Feb 01 2020 09:20 PM
So this project spawned from some dumba$$ who even after my thorough explanation on how to ship this decided he was smarter. Of course it arrived in two pieces!!! So after somewhat of a fight, he refunded half my money. I took it and limited my losses.
The really strange part was, all the missing color wasn't in the packaging!!! Making me think the sign was already broken before he shipped it and it was all a big scam of some kind. Whatever. he has to live with himself.

So despite the missing color along the crack, I'm very happy with it.

Attached picture IMG_20200201_151559749.jpg
Posted By: SandPCollector Re: Latest creation Broken Sunoco sign - Sat Feb 01 2020 09:35 PM
Steve, A good job of making lemonade out of lemons. Your sign is very presentable now.
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Latest creation Broken Sunoco sign - Sun Feb 02 2020 12:04 AM
Nice sign but what is it made of ? People just don’t use common sense anymore.Too bad they ruined such an unusual and nice sign .
Posted By: UpnorthNeil Re: Latest creation Broken Sunoco sign - Sun Feb 02 2020 02:05 AM
The fact that there are two songs entitled "Stairway to Heaven" and "Highway to Hell" speaks volumes about the impending traffic volume. Nice Job with the sign restoration Steve,
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Latest creation Broken Sunoco sign - Sun Feb 02 2020 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by buzzy56
Nice sign but what is it made of ? .

These signs are from the WWII era and are made of what seems just like masonite. Or very very tough wood like cardboard if you don't know what masonite is. I think, but not 100% sure, because metal was going to the war effort!
Posted By: Done4 Re: Latest creation Broken Sunoco sign - Sun Feb 02 2020 03:29 AM
Sorry to see that Steve, I know how much you wanted one. But very nice save.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk