Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: aquaelvis First visible (finally) - Tue Dec 08 2020 03:44 PM
Some of you old timers might remember me from years back. I have owned a lot of pump over the years. (Around 60 I think) Well I’ve been pumpless for several years but finally fixed that. I picked up this 176 this week. Sat for 20+ years in front of a guys house in N Idaho. (He got it from the S Dakota 30 years ago) I added the globe body.
Anyway, this is my first visible. Don’t know why the pump gods always frowned on my getting a visible but I just never was in the right place at the right time and when I was I had a full trailer, etc.
I recently bought a place up in Sandpoint Idaho and it has a shop with a perfect spot out front for a visible.

Maybe now that I have brought a new pump home the pump gods will once again smile upon me and bring more?!

Attached picture 047AFAB9-4895-446A-8360-4321D2D0B053.jpeg
Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Re: First visible (finally) - Tue Dec 08 2020 08:19 PM
Welcome back! ...and congrats on your first! Looks solid and hopefully that hail-screen did it's job!
Next time you are on I-90 west of Spokane, stop by. I'm right around the corner at exit 257.
I'm up in SP a couple times per year and was up in Bonners Ferry a couple times too, this year. Beautiful area!
Posted By: gatorgaspumps Re: First visible (finally) - Tue Dec 08 2020 09:09 PM
Jeff good to see you back. I was the same way couldn't find a visible for years, now I have several. Richard
Posted By: Steven C. Re: First visible (finally) - Wed Dec 09 2020 12:46 AM
Very cool!! Congrats!!
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: First visible (finally) - Wed Dec 09 2020 02:00 AM
congratulations!
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: First visible (finally) - Wed Dec 09 2020 02:24 AM
Nice pump!!! Good to see you back. Maybe you can fill that shop with pumps.
Posted By: Jhaas63 Re: First visible (finally) - Thu Dec 10 2020 01:11 AM
I wish we could of all been outside your driveway as you pulled in with the pump shooting off bottle rockets. Congrats!
Posted By: Douglashwy Re: First visible (finally) - Thu Dec 10 2020 01:25 AM
Nice pump. There's a good antique shop just north of you in Bonners fairy im sure you've been but if not check it out he usually has some pumps incase you got the bug back
Posted By: huskybob Re: First visible (finally) - Thu Dec 10 2020 06:58 AM
Great to see you posting again Jeff and a great start for your renewed pump collecting.
If you need any kind of inspiration on getting more pumps just go down to Walla Walla and check out Richards collection, it is incredibly impressive and will get you headed in the right direction.

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=129937&Number=748343#Post748343
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: First visible (finally) - Thu Dec 10 2020 07:06 PM
Wow! Its been a long time. Good to hear from you again.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk