Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Jarvis my new hat!!! - Mon May 12 2003 03:25 PM
Well this is one of the things i bought at the Hossier gas show and wanted to share it with you guys and wanted to know the year it was used and any info. someone might have.
Posted By: tom 2 tone Re: my new hat!!! - Mon May 12 2003 03:34 PM
need a pic of you wearin it b/fore anyone tells you the year. i like your candy machine. i have the matching cigarette machine to that one.
Posted By: Jarvis Re: my new hat!!! - Mon May 12 2003 03:39 PM
Tom, The guy that wore that hat had 1 small head or i have one fat melon. That hat won't even come close to fitting. but it looks good on the shelf!!!
Posted By: big cheese Re: my new hat!!! - Mon May 12 2003 03:46 PM
super looking hat. cheese
Posted By: Dwaine Buck Re: my new hat!!! - Mon May 12 2003 06:06 PM
Hey John, the old timer I got my hats from said, they,the jobbers used thoughs type of hats from late 20ties or early 30ties till the 50ties. the attendents at the stations used the flat dust type,look on my website in photos, the jobber on the old 1920ties c-cab from shell has one on and the jobber in the seaside one also, that was 1943,nice hat ,
Posted By: DFHigdon Re: my new hat!!! - Tue May 13 2003 12:36 AM
YOU HAVE ONE FAT MELON
Posted By: pumpman2 Re: my new hat!!! - Tue May 13 2003 02:10 AM
Hey Jarvis--Great looking hat.Double cool because it's SINCLAIR.-----JERRY

------------------
Posted By: rede2rumbl Re: my new hat!!! - Tue May 13 2003 02:16 AM
Nice lid!
Posted By: STLMach1 Re: my new hat!!! - Fri May 16 2003 07:36 PM
Jarvis! Dude!

I DID see you there! Evidently I didn't recognize you though... LOL with my memory, it's no wonder! My buddy and I almost bought that cap and might have had to arm-wrestle to decide which of us was going to get it. We both chickened out because of the money he wanted for it but my buddy came up to you moments after you bought it, thanking you for saving him from getting it before we left. He really wanted it but is somewhat on a budget and would have hated to drop any more $$$ than he already had.

I'm glad to see that it went to a great home!

Maybe we should make up hats that look like globes with our names displayed on them... LOL

That way I might stand a chance of recognizing everyone next year...

Take care,

------------------
Michael Botkin
2 Bennett 966's
Bowser 595 (Looking for parts)
71 Mach 1 Mustang
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: my new hat!!! - Fri May 16 2003 09:13 PM
Actually the price that John paid for that hat was very reasonable for an original attendants hat. And yes, John has one fat melon. Haha
Bob
Posted By: Jarvis Re: my new hat!!! - Sat May 17 2003 04:45 AM
LOL, I remember him coming up to me and saying that... to funny. Did you see the Shell salt and pepper shakers he had? I bought those too. I also got one of them Station lights Ethan had posted on here for sale. He still has a couple left and he is wanting a resonable price for them. That was a good show.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk