Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 59fairlane JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Thu Jul 13 2006 12:20 AM
Hello everyone,

WOW what a busy month this has been!! Sign of the Month is a little late. Getting ready to head to the Syracuse Nationals this weekend. 6000+ hotrods, street rods, and classics gather at the New York State Fairgrounds.

Anyway, no fancy banner this month, let's keep it simple and let's see the "JEWELS" of your collection this month.

Anything goes. Gas, Oil, Soda, Any Advertising in the form of a sign.

Here's my favorite.

A absolutley stunning original. Barn find. Still has original mailer on back from Goodrich to a local garage/gas station. Awesome colors and gloss. I'll post more soon........

Posted By: MarkMcK Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Thu Jul 13 2006 02:12 AM

[This message has been edited by MarkMcK (edited 07-12-2006).]
Favorite Sign in my collection

Favorite sign not in my collection, but nearby at Mark Mendenhall's

Posted By: 5 quart Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Thu Jul 13 2006 02:42 AM
Has to be my favorite-thanks don

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans
Posted By: Cessna195 Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Thu Jul 13 2006 11:12 AM
Here are my Favorites.
The Union oil curb sign is the only one I have ever scene with Medal of Honor & Gold Medal, Panama-Pacific Exposition

John

[This message has been edited by Cessna195 (edited 07-13-2006).]
Posted By: powerlube Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Thu Jul 13 2006 01:45 PM
My favorite that I own

Comon guys lets load this thread up!!! I want to see a good Marine, Sinclair Aircraft, Polly, Gilmore, Time, Wasatch, Mobil Racer etc. BRING IT!

------------------
Scott Wright-
Wanted Powerine, Bearcat and Powerlube Items- Lots to trade!
Posted By: powerlube Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Fri Jul 14 2006 12:59 AM
A couple from oldgasser rajinox:

Drool and double drool!
Posted By: speedway Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Sun Jul 16 2006 07:25 PM
Putting an ad in the paper..sometimes pays off...Ron
Posted By: kmann Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Thu Jul 20 2006 01:16 AM
bringing this back to the top... c'mon... where the hell are the signs ????.. most of mine have been posted already.. show us what you got....
Posted By: besgar Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Thu Jul 20 2006 04:22 AM
Ron if you ever decide to part with that sign I would love to have it. Thats one of my favorite sign I have ever seen.
Brandon
Posted By: powerlube Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Thu Jul 20 2006 04:34 PM
This thread ought to be kicking but so I will post some more photos of other signs I have seen:

Favorite sign I have posted for another oldgasser:

Favorite sign from Fargo:

Favorite Sign I have not idea where I got the picture from:

Comon guys, good bad or ugly post your favorites!!!
Posted By: bustermonty Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Thu Jul 20 2006 05:00 PM
Here are a bunch of my favorites. Too hard to pick one for me.
Posted By: texacojoe Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Thu Jul 20 2006 05:33 PM
Original frame and glass. 1920's ?

[This message has been edited by texacojoe (edited 07-20-2006).]
Posted By: powerlube Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Thu Jul 20 2006 06:17 PM
Now we are talking!!! Who's got more!!!
Posted By: Gary Drye Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Thu Jul 20 2006 06:25 PM
Very early two piece Conoco fence sign. Covered in reflective granules.

Posted By: Gary Drye Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Thu Jul 20 2006 06:52 PM
Two signs I am rather fond of. Texaco is common, but I've always liked this earliest version sign.

Not too common Pan Am

Nice signs guys.

Keep them coming.

Greg lets some some more of
the other walls.

------------------
Scott Shipers
Kansas City, MO
Posted By: bustermonty Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Fri Jul 21 2006 01:05 PM
Here are some of my favorite tin signs.
Too hard to choose one.
Posted By: powerlube Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Fri Jul 21 2006 02:03 PM
Favorite sign that was for sale on oldgas this year:
Posted By: Pablo Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Sat Jul 22 2006 12:03 AM
All personal favorites and rare...

Posted By: Blackout Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Sat Jul 22 2006 12:42 AM
Just a few of my tin favorite's

Here are a few of my favorites. Wish the Jayhawk was better but I got it cheap.

------------------
Scott Shipers
Kansas City, MO
This isn't gas and oil related but this porcelain thermometer is also one of my favorites. 2nd picture is the detail.

------------------
Scott Shipers
Kansas City, MO
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Sun Jul 23 2006 12:22 AM
Here are a couple of my favorite signs that belong to me. The 6 foot HC was the first porcelain sign that I ever bought. I also paid more for it than any other sign I have bought since. I got ti from Jackie Knott and I believe it is the same sign that is in the "Sinclair Collectibles" book on page 64. (The book says it is a 48" but looking at the building I would think it is a 72"

This second sign also came from Jack and is on page 88 of the book.

And this last sign is one that I have never seen another one like in person or in pictures. If anyone has a map or a post card with a picture of it on it, I would like to see it. I have it is below a 5 foot trapazoid sign and probably was ment to be below the bigger size.

Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Sun Jul 23 2006 02:06 AM
Here are a few more favorites that are not mine. I saw these in various collections and at the gas shows. I posted the first picture once before, three signs that I never saw another example of.

A couple on the display pole

Couple more

In a collection out west

Posted By: Tokheim Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Sun Jul 23 2006 10:48 AM
No signs in my collection that would make you guys say "wow", but I guess this is my favorite.

OK I guess a poster is not a sign, but it's my favorite non-petro collectible on the wall.

"Dying aint much of a livin' boy..."
I don't have many signs but this is my favorite because it was given to me. It was found underneath a old saddle shop. Richard

[This message has been edited by gatorgaspumps (edited 07-23-2006).]

[This message has been edited by gatorgaspumps (edited 07-23-2006).]
Posted By: thepepboys Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Sun Jul 23 2006 10:37 PM
Some of my favorites

Posted By: Gaspedler Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Tue Jul 25 2006 12:25 AM
tokheim, thanks for the memories.... I am a big Clint Eastwood fan. Have all his westerns.... But that particular movie, well, I was in college and working nights at a theater. We ran that for almost 3 months. I knew every line in it...lol.

Old "Theatre" by the way. Converted to a movie theater. Still had dressing rooms, long hall ways behind the walls, under the floor and over the top. Got errie at night when closing. Sure wish I had saved all those Movie posters I threw away now.....
Chuck
Posted By: Hemibird Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Tue Jul 25 2006 06:33 AM
Here's one of my favorites!

------------------
Chuck

Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Habor, Indian, Powerlube, Beacon, Sinclar Aircraft

[This message has been edited by Hemibird (edited 07-25-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Hemibird (edited 07-25-2006).]
Posted By: Chevelle SS Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Tue Jul 25 2006 03:41 PM
Here's one of my favorites. 6' Rebel Gas. Unfortunately it does not belong to me, it belongs to a friend of mine. Nice sign that is not seen often in the wild.

Posted By: 59fairlane Re: JULY....Sign of the Month.......Your Favorites - Thu Aug 03 2006 12:50 AM
Thanks guys for all the great looking signs.

Here's one more from my collection that I just got cleaned up and ready to hang on my small barn

[This message has been edited by 59fairlane (edited 08-02-2006).]
14" visible paddle

HANCOCK Pump plates

DB
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk