Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: oltoydoc@vintagegas.com What to do with that old ad glass! - Tue Dec 10 2002 01:03 AM
I haven't an artistic bone in my body, but I had this idea that some of my old advertising glass could be used in different ways tht would be pleasing to me. This photo (thanks for posting it Jim) is of a piece of Chevron glass that I used to made a stepping stone for the back yard.
It actually turned out pretty well, and that got me thinking. Why not "tile" the sink back splash in my garage with old glass? Dick Bennett doesn't need to reply to this, I already know what he thinks of this crazy idea.

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Posted By: Oldgas Re: What to do with that old ad glass! - Tue Dec 10 2002 04:53 AM
Here's Don's picture:

Posted By: Gary Drye Re: What to do with that old ad glass! - Tue Dec 10 2002 01:27 PM
Hey Don, it looks great, but glass for a stepping stone? Please enlighten me a little more on your design.
Posted By: Dwaine Buck Re: What to do with that old ad glass! - Tue Dec 10 2002 02:25 PM
What i do with mine, I know a lady that has a stain glass shop, she puts lead around mine and copper wire at the ends so i can hang them from the wood going around the inside of my station , as you can see in the pictures in this show case, it might be glass but its still advertisment, i think you can see some in every picture , I even have several of them behind the three amigos on the inside of my door,
Posted By: oltoydoc@vintagegas.com Re: What to do with that old ad glass! - Tue Dec 10 2002 03:22 PM
Well, Gary, I don't know that it will survive since it is glass, but it is set in mortar, so it feels real solid. Like walking on a tile floor. I'm sure if I dropped anything heavy and metal on it, it would break. I don't think the weight of a person would do much damage. I'm not suggesting that we tile our garage floors with this stuff, just throwing this out as something different.
Don
Posted By: MOTORHEAD Re: What to do with that old ad glass! - Wed Dec 11 2002 02:50 AM
I take my extra ad glasses and make frames for them and use for a back ground around my pumps.
Posted By: Gary Drye Re: What to do with that old ad glass! - Wed Dec 11 2002 12:39 PM
Don, No "artistic bone"...that's what Michelangelo said! LOL Thanks for clearing up your stepping stones...and good luck.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk