Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: rext@worldnet.att.net Gilbarco S&P Waiting pays off - Sat Aug 30 2003 07:43 PM
As most of you know, I collect Standard Oil of Kentucky (KYSO). I have been trying to buy this set of salt and peppers for many years. But I refused to pay the high prices that I was quoted. I started out not paying $350.00 and the price kept going up. The last price that I was quoted was $750.00. Well good things happen if you wait. I finally got my MIB set at what I would call a reasonable unreasonable price. I’m soooooo happy. What’s next? Rex.

------------------
Posted By: JeffT Re: Gilbarco S&P Waiting pays off - Sat Aug 30 2003 09:27 PM
Nice find Rex....and I'll bet you didn't pay a "Buyers Penalty" either!!!!
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Gilbarco S&P Waiting pays off - Sun Aug 31 2003 12:32 AM
Very nice shakers Rex... you are buying more pumps this year than in the past. First the Bennetts and now the Gilbarcos. LOL
Posted By: Scott Shipers Re: Gilbarco S&P Waiting pays off - Sun Aug 31 2003 01:03 AM
Awesome set that you don't see for sale very often. Way To Go Rex.
Posted By: huskybob Re: Gilbarco S&P Waiting pays off - Sun Aug 31 2003 05:11 PM
Nice set Rex. I thought I would never be able to find let alone afford a set of Husky S+P's, but I got lucky and met a guy that used to work for Husky. He gave me those and a couple of boxes of Husky and Clack stuff. Even after I told him what the shakers were worth... matter of fact I didn't take them when he first offered them.. I told him to think about it.
bob
Posted By: djhubba Re: Gilbarco S&P Waiting pays off - Sun Aug 31 2003 05:17 PM
Kudos Rex - Nice things happen to nice people and you deserve it. Way to go my friend...Nice addition to your collection.
--------------------------------------------
hubba
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk