Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: gas pump freak Bennett 154 - Getting There - it's about time!! - Sun Jan 23 2005 09:14 PM
Well this weekend was TOO cold and breezy to work outside for the wife, THERFORE I was able to stay in the shop and do that nasty thing we call "work on the petro stuff"!!
Below is a picture of this Bennett 154 Cash Recorder pump that I was able to finally start putting together.

The reason this baby has taken so long was the owner (a super nice guy in the petroleum equipment service his whole life) wanted the guts restored. Unlike the other pumps I have done, the external will be a piece of cake. It's not like this pump was perfectly stored inside for all these years waiting for someone like me to come along, it came out of a field and EVERYTHING was rusty. seized and raunchy!!
I sandblasted and primed the sheet metal yesterday and will straighten, fill, sand and paint it this week. Shortly thereafeter this baby will be complete and I will start on my next project.
THANKS for looking!

Neal
Nice peep of the great pump to come. I wish I had a pump like that. Keep up the good work and keep pictures posted when you get it done.

Thanks, PHil
Neal,
That pump will be NICE when your done!! I really like the bezzels on that cut.
Keep the photos coming!!

Rob
Posted By: djhubba Re: Bennett 154 - Getting There - it's about time!! - Mon Jan 24 2005 01:35 PM
great Job Neal..I never new anyone to restore the insides (pump mech and all) Looks great.

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator
Here's a couple of better pictures I took today, once I got this pump off the table and had it standing upright.

Thanks for looking!!

Neal
Looking good Neal, Cant wait to see the finished product. Theres not too many with the inner workings restored.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk