Oldgas.com Home

OKAY EVERYONE, TIME TO SHOW US YOUR "BUYS" FROM THE PAST WEEK!
I PERSONALLY HAVEN'T BEEN HUNTING, SO IT'S ALL UP TO YOU GUYS!

THANKS!

~DOC
YOUR B.O.T.W. HOST!
Here are a few goodies from last week....
HEY, THUNDER...WHERE'S ALL THE SNOW? LOL!

~DOC
Posted By: keithia Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12TH THRU 18TH. - Mon Mar 19 2007 12:39 AM
The White Eagle can is my buy of the week and the Sinclair sign I am posting for Racecop.

Posted By: 5 quart Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12TH THRU 18TH. - Mon Mar 19 2007 12:51 AM
Couple 5 qts I didnt have from ebay

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans
Nice stuff guys! Nice rpm stuff thunder

Couple of new paper items for me, two different atlas's and some letterhead and letters:
Awww, gee thanks Scott. But you're just saying that because most of it came from you. The 5 quart can was sent by DB. Thanks guys.

BTW, Doc. The snow is gone.....

[This message has been edited by Thunder II (edited 03-18-2007).]
Posted By: kmann Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12TH THRU 18TH. - Mon Mar 19 2007 01:52 AM
i wish the snow was gone here in albany... drove home today to 2 feet of the **** ... when's spring ???... nice buys guys... nothing new here....
Billups petroleum company letter from W.L."Buddy" Billups on parade arrangements for Louisiana Govenor Jimmie Davis dated 1960 (Jimmie Davis wrote and sang the famous song "You are my sunshine") and the back cover of Gospel News with Billups advertisment,dated 1958
Paddy
WTB Billups, Rose, Canal, and Gulf Coast Oil Company items.

[This message has been edited by texaspelican (edited 03-18-2007).]
The first thing you're going to ask is "How is this sign Petro related?" Look closely at what it shows. It has the locations of the Andersen's Pea Soup Restaurants with their service stations located nearby. The grid is a mileage chart just like on the road maps showing distances. This was used mid to late 1970's so it's not all that old, but there aren't too many of these around either (I know of only three). At the time Andersen's Pea Soup operated three service stations in California and had four locations.

Not really a "Buy of the Week" since Mark Mendenhall was kind enough to give it to me this week for our collection at the Buellton Historical Society, but great to have!
Posted By: Pegasus Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12TH THRU 18TH. - Mon Mar 19 2007 03:14 AM
Got this 100+ years old Vacuum Oil can this week.....

It has the rare "Standing Gargoyle" logo and pre-dates use of the "Mobiloil" brand name. Also has one of those "magic" words on it (you know.......aircraft or aero or marine), and it's a square half-gallon size can. A pretty rare one I'd think.

Richard

[This message has been edited by pegasus (edited 03-18-2007).]

[This message has been edited by pegasus (edited 03-19-2007).]
Posted By: nochevys Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12TH THRU 18TH. - Mon Mar 19 2007 03:23 AM
Richard glad you got the can but boy I wanted that baby!I wached it from the moment she hit ebay.If my wife new how much I bid on that I'd be going to divorce court LOL!That can is cool.I think 5quart Has the only other I've seen.

[This message has been edited by nochevys (edited 03-19-2007).]
I was quite pleased to recently acquire this Idaho Chief knife.
------------------
WANTED
Washington Chief, Oregon Chief, Idaho Chief, Montana Chief, Wasatch

[This message has been edited by WASHINGTONCHIEF (edited 03-18-2007).]

[This message has been edited by WASHINGTONCHIEF (edited 03-19-2007).]

[This message has been edited by WASHINGTONCHIEF (edited 03-19-2007).]
Some great stuff this week guys! Thats a cool knife Todd.

[This message has been edited by gaspumpman (edited 03-19-2007).]
Posted By: nochevys Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12TH THRU 18TH. - Mon Mar 19 2007 05:22 PM
Here's my only buy.A texaco qckwork can.She's rough but also extremely rare!Glad to be able to put an example in any condition into my humble collection.

[This message has been edited by nochevys (edited 03-19-2007).]
Richard, that is an incredible can!

I got this nice lens on ebay...

And this unusual Diamond 760 Flange Sign was also an ebay purchase for my birthday. It was discovered buried in a junkyard in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. I really love this sign!

Wes
COOL SIGN AND GLOBE, WES! YOU SHOULD BE A HAND MODEL! LOL!

GREAT "BUYS" GUYS...KEEP 'EM COMIN'!

~DOC
I got a NOS Sinclair globe.
Rod van Pelt

------------------
Posted By: Blackout Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12TH THRU 18TH. - Mon Mar 19 2007 11:48 PM
Did pretty good this week.
Few globes, one sign.

Posted By: kmann Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12TH THRU 18TH. - Mon Mar 19 2007 11:53 PM
those marine cans blew me away.... great score pegasus !!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Blackout Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12TH THRU 18TH. - Mon Mar 19 2007 11:57 PM
Also bought a small handy oiler collection and a few other items Sunday, had to buy them all to get what I wanted for myself. Others will be listed in the for sale section.

Posted By: kmann Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12TH THRU 18TH. - Tue Mar 20 2007 12:29 AM
nice clean stuff bro !!!
Some of you may have seen this on ebay....couldn't resist ! had to have it ! tx z

Picked these items up at an auction. Nothing too exciting.....especially after seeing what Russ and Richard got last week.

After recently seeing pictures of a fellow Shop Talk member's sign pole thermometer collection I felt compelled to add this one to my meager collection.

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 03-20-2007).]
I also picked up these two early Sinclair buckets.

The RPM and STANOCOLA were buy it nows off ebay. The Fleet is from the Indy Ad show and the Savmotor is one of my favorites from Vic's auction.

Gotta love mickey with the RPM.....
I found a couple RARE ones lately!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by tomzcollectiblez (edited 03-24-2007).]
Posted By: keithia Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12TH THRU 18TH. - Sun Mar 25 2007 10:22 PM
Posting for Racecop Matchbox Lesney series Esso gas station.

Posted By: keithia Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MARCH 12TH THRU 18TH. - Sun Mar 25 2007 10:33 PM
I also found this Marx Hi-Test service station w/ neat graphics.

© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk