Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Lastgas15 Showcase and Stories Forum Features - Fri Mar 24 2006 06:09 PM
I just wanted to give everyone the rundown on when our regular features start and who is in charge of them. Below is a list of the features and the team that brings them to you.

1st of every month a new Company Of The Month (COTM) feature is hosted by a different Shop Talk member. I have found these to be very informative.
Doc is in charge of scheduling COTM. You can reach him at drcoke@optonline.net to get on the list to do a feature on your favorite company.

5th of every month Wes Worsham kicks off a new Found Along The Way (FATW). FATW is where you can show pictures of cool petro stuff you've run across in your travels. Old stations or signs, collections, petro things you've seen in malls, etc. Wes is a young collector that is very enthusiastic about the hobby. You can email him at hurst84@gmail.com

7th of each month is when Matt Barkee will start a new Sign Of The Month (SOTM). A different company or type of product or sign is featured each month. Matt Takes over for Ted next month. SOTM is one of the longest running features we've had. You can reach Matt at mbarkee@fltg.net

10th is time for Restoration Of The Month (ROTM). Brad Ralston is in charge of this very informative feature where a different Shop Talk member walks us through a can, sign, or pump resto. To get on the the list and share your knowledge and experience with others! You can reach Brad at bradleywralston@hotmail.com

15th is Globe Of The Month (GOTM) time. I host GOTM. A different company or type of globe is featured each month. GOTM is another of our oldest features. You can email me at Lastgas15@aol.com

18th is Map Of The Month time hosted by Tom Hilliker. Maps from a different company are featured each month. Maps often contain a wealth of information such as when certain logos or products were used. You can reach Tom at nochevys@twcny.rr.com

21st when Dick Bennett fires up another Pump Of The Month (POTM). A different brand, model or type of pump is featured each month.
You can email Dick at oldegaspump@earthlink.net

Every Sunday at about 7:00PM Doc starts a new Buys Of The Week (BOTW) feature. BOTW is where you get to show off your recent purchases. You can email Doc (Larry Schultz) at drcoke@optonline.net

These regular features are a great way to not only show off our collectibles, but also a great way to educate ourselves about the things we collect. If you have any items or knowledge about something that is being featured, PLEASE jump in and share your pictures and knowledge with the rest of us.

If you have any suggestions for new features please email me at Lastgas15@aol.com
Bob Drake

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 03-27-2006).]
Posted By: Lastgas15 Re: Showcase and Stories Forum Features - Mon Mar 27 2006 11:19 PM
Just a note. Restoration Of The Month now starts on the 10th instead of the 25th. I corrected the schedule above.

If you're interested in doing a ROTM feature contact Brad.
Posted By: st.rod Re: Showcase and Stories Forum Features - Mon Mar 27 2006 11:39 PM
Should be GREAT lokin' forward to it all! Larry
Posted By: the poor mans museum Re: Showcase and Stories Forum Features - Tue Mar 28 2006 01:32 AM
What do you say petroholics? Are you tired of my local history features or do you want more? How about sending me some of your local gas station history and making it a monthly feature? I'm in if anyone is interested.

You can send me an email or post here.

© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk