Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Don't forget to look up for pumps - Sun Jul 04 2004 06:42 AM
My wife and I were traveling up to central Ca. a while back and decided to stop at some farms and ask for pumps. We stopped at this one ranch not even looking up to the hills and asked the rancher if he had any pumps laying around. He asked us to turn our heads and look up on the distant hill. The 70 stood proud like a Beacon on a hiltop. The man gave us a jeep ride up the hill and we ended up buying all four pumps. The Wayne/Boyle Dayton was laying down when we found it and it still had good glass. The skins were next to it. A day I will never forget!! Town "Parkfield California" which is the official earthquake capitol of Ca. Hope you enjoy these photos. You can see the ranch that we asked at down below.
Happy Hunting, Rob

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gas Pump Rob (edited 07-04-2004).]

Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Don't forget to look up for pumps - Sun Jul 04 2004 10:34 AM
WOW! NICE FIND, ROB...YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD! 4X!!!
BE SURE TO INCLUDE THIS IN THE NEW BUYS OF THE WEEK THREAD STARTING TONIGHT 7/4/04. PARTICIPATION IS ENCOURAGED BY YOU AND EVERYONE!

THANKS FOR SHARING...YOU LUCKY DAWG!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES
drcoke@optonline.net
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk