Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Dwaine Buck PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Tue Jun 03 2003 07:00 PM
I don't know to much about this pump. if someone will fill in the date of manufactureing and the dates of operation. we can start posting pictures, thanks ,

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 06-03-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 08-01-2003).]
Posted By: Dwaine Buck Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Tue Jun 03 2003 07:37 PM
This pump by Premopetro was completed in Sept of last year, one of many that the pump professor has done,

Posted By: djhubba Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Tue Jun 03 2003 08:10 PM
You all have seen this before ...but keeping in the spirit of Pump of the Month - I will post it again.
---------------------------------------------
Hubba, love the National pumps I do
Posted By: Anonymous Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Tue Jun 03 2003 09:14 PM
HERE IS MY UNRESTORED CHEVRON A-38.
Posted By: djhubba Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Tue Jun 03 2003 11:06 PM
Frankie - Thats cool - I would leave it as is. I left mine pretty much alone since it is porcelain. I just added some of the things that were missing. Cool
Hubba Hubba
Posted By: Scott Shipers Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Wed Jun 04 2003 12:37 AM
This is my brothers Skelly Fortified A-38. Great pictures guys keep them coming.
Scott
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3db34b3127cce8864135aa9870000003610[/img]

[This message has been edited by quartcans (edited 06-03-2003).]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Wed Jun 04 2003 01:37 AM
HERE IS TOM 2 TONES 38 COOL PUMPS EVERYONE!!!!!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Wed Jun 04 2003 02:00 AM
Still mounted on Main St., in Santa Paula, Calif.
Posted By: Dwaine Buck Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Wed Jun 04 2003 03:32 AM
Tim Hansen from the Washington Shoreline asked me to post this real nice A-38 for him as is never been touched, nice pump Tim .

Posted By: djhubba Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Wed Jun 04 2003 03:43 AM
Tim didnt ask me to post it for him?...sniff sniff
Hubba just North of Tim who has put ole Dwainey to work
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Wed Jun 04 2003 04:32 AM
Love those A-38s. Great pumps guys! Keep them coming!
Posted By: tom 2 tone Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Wed Jun 04 2003 05:18 AM
HUBBA, whats the story on your globe adapter? original? my other 38 has a stainless top w/no adapter. want one like yours!!!
Posted By: tjhvintage Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Wed Jun 04 2003 05:39 AM
Thanks,Mr.Buck for posting the pump pic.Hubba,I didn't want to bother you.You need to save your energy for this weekend!!
I think this pump was actually a Chevron pump originally.(From the green and cream era). I installed the original Flying A glass and a couple of repop signs.Other than that it is as found.Thanks again,Dwaine...Tim

------------------
Posted By: djhubba Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Wed Jun 04 2003 05:45 AM
No worries Tim - Hey Tom2tone - When I got the pump it had a cast attatchment on top with no globe ring - the piece looked original but cut down for some reason - alls I did was mount a globe ring around that. Its functional and looks fine because it blends with the aluminum globe Body pretty good.
Hubba, makin things work in Shoreline WA
Posted By: T-way Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Wed Jun 04 2003 11:17 AM
Love those A-38's. Keep em coming! I don't have one yet - but I'm always on the lookout. We don't see a lot of them here in Michigan.

Chris has one that he is planning on restoring to a Polly Gas pump. How about it Chris - post a shot of yours!

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: +Chris Holt Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Wed Jun 04 2003 12:51 PM
Mine will definitly take the ugliest award, I'll try to get a pic posted today
Posted By: Morgan Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Wed Jun 04 2003 01:01 PM
Well Chris, at least you have one! LOL. I'm wanting one bad. Have one located but can't get it to my price range just yet.

That Skelly Fortified decal is killer! Is it vinyl? Can we get a closeup shot?

Great looking pumps guys, keep 'em comming
Posted By: Scott Shipers Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Wed Jun 04 2003 02:48 PM
The Skelly Fortified and the stripe are hand painted. Keep the pics rolling. Scott
Posted By: T-way Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Thu Jun 05 2003 10:36 AM
Good morning.

Since Chris' computer has decided to 'go postal' and is giving him fits, I offered to post this shot of his (soon to be restored) A-38.

Enjoy!

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: +Chris Holt Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Thu Jun 05 2003 10:50 AM
Thanks Jim, well is this the ugliest A-38 you ever seen, Jim is right it will be done in POLLY colors, This is my wifes favorite pump, Any of the Nationals are my favorite.
Posted By: Dwaine Buck Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Thu Jun 05 2003 01:27 PM
Teri Moen, from up in Hubba country asked to have his porcelain A-38 put in, good project, don't look to bad, thats how mine started,

Posted By: Dwaine Buck Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Thu Jun 05 2003 07:16 PM
Craig Landon? who is he , one of the nices guys with a great Flying A collection, he asked me to post these babys for him. you won't find a nicer pair anyware. thanks Craig.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Thu Jun 05 2003 09:07 PM
Well thats it, I can't take it anymore, Craigs pair of A38's has done me in, now I have to have one, very nice pumps Craig.

HOW MY MIND WORKS...........

See the Nice Gas Pump

Dream about owning the Nice Gas Pump

Figure out a way to make it my Wifes idea to buy it.

[This message has been edited by pogogas (edited 06-05-2003).]
Posted By: dodogas Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Thu Jun 05 2003 10:12 PM
I've seen a few nicer pairs of 38's, but they were'nt gas pumps. Those look pretty good!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WISHIN I HAD THAT pair of 38 Schwinns I saw at the last bike show!!........................dodo-schwinn-gas
Posted By: Flyingaman Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Thu Jun 05 2003 11:59 PM
Thanks Dwaine for posting my pictures. I will need to learn the art of posting pictures one of this days. Thanks for the nice comments.
Craig
Posted By: oltoydoc@vintagegas.com Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Fri Jun 06 2003 12:01 AM
Craig, what I want to see, is your cabinets in the background. Of course the stuff inside too, but are the cabinets metal or wood? They look pretty cool what I can see of them. Come on buddy, share the wealth!

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas
Posted By: Dwaine Buck Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Fri Jun 06 2003 01:35 AM
Hey Don, next time you make the trip up, give him a call or email, if you go that way to Idaho, He had the show room built and he did the elecrtrical himself, you sit in a large sofa and a big remote that Louise would leave home for , and theres the rear end of a flying a delivery truck, bumper, tank,with a big sign in the middle of the tank , break lights go on , and a big screen t,v, comes up out of the rear bumper, realy neat. if you guys are going up there this week end , make him show you that , and the big stain glass window from the main office that was in San Fran, knok you socks off. and the 30" chicky wing sign that was offered to me for 900.00 still in the box he has it , tell him I want it back , ha ha ha . no money at the time , mint. have fun Northwest boys, you can thank me later. ha .
Posted By: Flyingaman Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Fri Jun 06 2003 04:44 PM
Don
What you are seeing is the front of a late 40's early 50's station. Behind the pumps is the office and to the right are the roll up doors. I will try to take a better picture later today and have Dwaine post it. The fake roll up doors are really display cabinets for my smalls. And as Dwaine noted,if you come through Seattle,you are welcome to stop by.
Craig
Posted By: djhubba Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Fri Jun 06 2003 07:39 PM
Craig - Cant wait to meet you on Sunday and see your wonderful display - Thanks in advance.
Hubba, see you on Sunday
Posted By: Dwaine Buck Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Sat Jun 07 2003 02:04 PM
Heres one you don't see everyday. yes a Signal, from owr pump plate man himself Teddy, nicely done .

Posted By: Oldgas Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Tue Jun 10 2003 03:20 PM
n2collecting sent in his National A-38s

Thanks Greg, for sharing these sweethearts with us! The A-38 is one of my favorites.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Posted By: Dwaine Buck Re: PUMP OF THE MONTH = A-38 - Fri Jun 13 2003 02:15 AM
I'll bring it back up to the top, with my last picture of my porcelain Flying a A-38, the posts are slowing down now. But I want to thank every one that posted thiers.

© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk