Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: roger cherry 113/8 inch metal globes - Fri Aug 12 2005 09:22 PM
I have recieved several calls in the past couple days regarding the small metal body globes. Several collectors out there know I collect these and have a small assortment of them. I have been asked to share my collection of these with all you out there so I will. I am posting this without the pitures of them as I sent Jarvis the pictures to post for me. I will follow up on these after the pictures are posted.
Posted By: Jarvis Re: 113/8 inch metal globes - Fri Aug 12 2005 10:44 PM
Roger is going to have to resend them as it was going to take about hour to down load. LOL
Posted By: Jarvis Re: 113/8 inch metal globes - Sat Aug 13 2005 02:00 PM

[This message has been edited by Jarvis (edited 08-13-2005).]
Posted By: Jarvis Re: 113/8 inch metal globes - Sat Aug 13 2005 02:04 PM

[This message has been edited by Jarvis (edited 08-13-2005).]
Posted By: flyingausa Re: 113/8 inch metal globes - Sat Aug 13 2005 02:23 PM
Yup!! I want the Grasse's and Frye globes, Right Now!!lol Love Em!!

------------------
Posted By: roger cherry Re: 113/8 inch metal globes - Sat Aug 13 2005 05:15 PM
I have four total globes and one spare body with no lenses. If anyone could help me get some lenses for my extra body I would appreciate it. If you notice, two of the globes including my extra body have the standard six inch base. The other two, the Grasses and the Chi-Namel have the early 4 inch base. The Chi-Namel came from a old hardware store and was an early brand of paint. If you notice, with the Chi-Namel, came an adapter to fit a 4 inch base to a 6 inch holder. Also on the Chi-Namel base is the remains of a Cincinatti Advertising Products decal which confirms CAPO made these globes. I don't think anyone else knew this until I found this globe with this sticker. Another interesting point is the brass tag on the Fyre-Drop. It has a patent date of June 14, 1919. It also says on the tag "Semi-Industructable Body" on it which I believe to be true considering how long the globe has lasted. These small metal-bodied globes are very, very rare and hardly ever surface. The Refiners globe came out of the collection of the infamous Glen Thompson who aquired it from a friends attic where it had been for 60 years. It is the only one known right now. The Fyre-Drop is one of two known, the other being restored by our very own Dawn. I did some restoration on my Frye-Drop when putting it together after a bought it.LOL. I don't know how many Chi-Namels are out there but I am sure not many. As far as the Grasses, I have never heard of another, maybe there is one. I appreciate the emails with the interest and if anyone can help me get any more or a set of lenses for my blank body let me know. I will pay top dollar as I am on a mission to collect these. Thanks again. Roger---------
Posted By: dodogas Re: 113/8 inch metal globes - Sat Aug 13 2005 05:35 PM
Was a pic of a Chi-Namel in Mobilia, do not recall size.

Did they Chinalack tires like they used to Japalack them..???
Posted By: big cheese Re: 113/8 inch metal globes - Sat Aug 13 2005 05:40 PM
wow super, just super. keep them coming cheese
Posted By: puregas Re: 113/8 inch metal globes - Sun Aug 21 2005 01:40 AM
Hello Everyone,
I guess this globe is not actually a 12-1/2" globe, but I wanted to try posting an image as I am new to Old Gas. This is a smaller version of the one piece etched Red Hat globes. It is a 13-1/2" with the rarer 4" base. I have been "lurking" in the shadows of Old Gas, as Jim Potts told me this year at Iowa Gas, for the past two years. I figured it was time to register and start participating.

Pat Anderton
Posted By: wads Re: 113/8 inch metal globes - Sun Aug 21 2005 10:25 AM
Hi Puregas, glad to see another guy with gas problems come out of hiding.

Nice globe, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: oillease55 Re: 113/8 inch metal globes - Sun Aug 21 2005 10:44 AM
Awesome globe , welcome aboard Pat. Ron Lease.................
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: 113/8 inch metal globes - Sun Aug 21 2005 01:33 PM
Not as rare as Rogers globes, but this was still on a WAYNE 480 when I bought the pump. Not baked on, so had to be re-painted.

db
Posted By: roger cherry Re: 113/8 inch metal globes - Sun Aug 21 2005 01:58 PM
Pat has been talking about joining old gas for a long time now. He always tells me he is going to sign-up and I am glad he finally did. I think Pat has alot to share with all of us and will be a great addition to the site. Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: the poor mans museum Re: 113/8 inch metal globes - Sun Aug 21 2005 02:10 PM
Pat

Welcome to Oldgas!

I noticed that you have some license plate toppers strewn around your globe there. Look like some neat ones. Do you collect them?

I've just started adding some to my collection (they don't take up much room). Would like to see some more examples of what's out there.

Maybe it's time for a topper showcase....hmmmm?
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk