Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: tom 2 tone 80 tall top - Fri Feb 07 2003 05:10 AM
freezin cold here in mn. now w/SNOW!!! i pulled a m&s 80 tall top (covered with snow) out from behind my garage yesterday cause i noticed it is visible from a road now w/the new house const started way behind me. they wacked a bunch of trees down. (im gettin more neighbors) yaaaay!!! (decided im keepin a little junk pile behind the garage just cuz im a rebel) anyway its a tall top curved ad glass & i took the top off & was puttin it on another 80 & i thought id put a globe on it like others i have. but this top isnt indented for a globe holder like my other curved ad glass tops. Man your not kiddin when you say there are many combinations of these 80s. bases, tops, faces, etc... i saw a script top on ebay once w/an indented set back crank like a neptune. oh man i want one of those sides. think of the number of different combos you could have w/these pumps!!!
Posted By: tom 2 tone Re: 80 tall top - Fri Feb 07 2003 06:03 AM
and hey speakin of discovering different things. its funny the way things end up. a pump hound about 40 miles away from me has the cream of the crop! a huge collection. & does absolute "A-1" first class restos. i stop there a few times a year. to see whats new & always end up learning somethin new. anyway, i was lookin at a #60 he was just finishing. & i asked what was with the hole (vent)under the front (chrome) name plate. he says all mine are like this. havent you seen that before? hes got at least 1/2 dozen 60s. & they all are like that. i have at least that many too & not one of mine has a cut out under the wayne name plate. its funny how much they changed these pumps, and what you end up with.
Posted By: LarryIvy Re: 80 tall top - Fri Feb 07 2003 05:23 PM
Early m&s pumps with the cast iron tapered base have the sides you are looking for where the crank is recessed.
Larry
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk