Oldgas.com Home
This months collectible of the month is Gas/ Oil/ Auto related advertising clocks.
I know there are some real killer time pieces out there.
Lets clean em up and snap and post some pic's of that neon, spinner, pam, etc....
Please just petro/ auto related clocks only.
For those that wish to post their non petro advertising clocks please click on this link to the non petro.
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=150804#Post150804
thanks
Here is my contribution...
a Mobil Select-o that I got at the Columbus show a few years back.

Description: mobil
Attached picture mobil clock.jpg

Description: mobil 2
Attached picture mobil clock 1.jpg
This is one of the best looking clocks I have ever seen. I photographed this one at Columbus about 3 years ago.

Don't see too many Marathon clocks, here's my contribution:

Here is a Skelly clock I photographed in an antique mall in Ohio. You never see this clock with the bottom attachment like this one has.

One for Jim Potts............

Texaco clock...................

Here is a couple clocks from my collection. First is an original Cleveland neon clock from an old service station in Mexico, MO:

Second is a 100% original Chevrolet neon clock I got years ago from a closed Chevrolet dealership in Drumright, OK on my way to Seth's auction:
Great Clocks Guys!! Keep them Coming!!! Thanks Paddy for doing the COTM it is Neat to see whats out there.
A clock I made a few years ago. It was a station in Saltese Montana. Still there but it looks a lot differant now. My first try at coloring photos.
From the mid 1990's. Two versions.

Attached picture Marathon_Clocks-w.jpg

Shot with KODAK Z712 IS ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-09-06

A lube oil volume promotion from the 1980's

Shot with KODAK Z712 IS ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-09-06

A dealer gasoline volume promotion from the 1990's.
Posted By: Tokheim Re: COTM -September '09- Petro/Auto advertising clocks - Sun Sep 06 2009 10:45 AM
My one and only petro clock...

Hey Paddy Man, I got a few pictures to add.

Sinclair Gascon clock. I am told this may be an industrial product?

Sinclair HC

A Power X

A power X thermometer

Another HC clock

A Dino clock

Every one sees this clock as my avatar when I post something but thought I'd share it again. This clock came from an Original Cities Service dealership in Oslo, Minnesota and was sold to Oslo Steve by the descendants of that original ownership, and he subsequently sold it to me! It had never been used and came in its original, dated box! Nicest clock I own!
I know this is a common clock but this is the story behind it. This clock hung in the instrument shop of the Frontier refinery where I worked for many years. It quit working. One morning I was walking down to the main shop for the weekly safety meeting from the machine shop where I worked and it was laying on the floor. I asked the supervisor what was going to happen to it. He asked; Do you want it. I said yes. He said get it to h#ll out of here. Come to find out two of the instument guys were fighting over it I was the solution. That was about 15 yrs. ago. It was my first petro collectable and started this wild expensive journey. Mitch

Description: The Begining
Attached picture PDR_0061.JPG
HERE IS MY FAVORITE AUTO RELATED CLOCK.PONTIAC NEON.I WILL POST A FEW MORE CLOCKS IN NON PETRO RELATED.

Attached picture MVC-020S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-021S.JPG
That Pontiac Clock is Awesome!!!!
Homemade face
Posted By: Tomstoybox Re: COTM -September '09- Petro/Auto advertising cl - Thu Sep 10 2009 07:00 PM
I found these two clocks in the basement of a old Napa store. Store had been a auto parts store since the late 1940's.

Attached picture phpvvHqoUPM.jpg
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: COTM -September '09- Petro/Auto advertising cl - Fri Sep 11 2009 01:59 AM
grin grin grin Drove 200 miles to pick up a pump today and remembered a clock I had made an offer on 2 years ago, and it was on the way back! I stopped in and they still didn't want to sell, so I raised the ante a little and he suddenly remembered he had ANOTHER ONE out in the warehouse! Well, it wasn't anywhere near the condition of the one on the wall, so I got it a lot cheaper with the promise that I could buy the other one when the time comes!
Worth the stop because its cleaning up very nicely and everything works great!! grin grin grin Always stop back is my motto!!!
Posted By: JOSBORN Re: COTM -September '09- Petro/Auto advertising clocks - Sat Sep 12 2009 09:06 AM
Picked this up a few years back. Been running perfect ever since. Only seen one other like it at St. Charles show last year. Anyone familiar with this company?

Jerry

Spots are glare. Only small chip at bottom of the six.

Attached picture php7UK3GUPM.jpg
Posted By: Pegasus Re: COTM -September '09- Petro/Auto advertising clocks - Thu Sep 17 2009 02:30 AM
Here's one you don't see often............

all very nice....keep em coming....still have two more weeks!
Posted By: oldoil Re: COTM -September '09- Petro/Auto advertising clocks - Thu Sep 24 2009 02:25 PM

My favorite.Numbered 54 of 66
Posted By: Oldgas Re: COTM -September '09- Petro/Auto advertising clocks - Fri Sep 25 2009 04:50 PM
This is one of my favorites. Sure, it's aluminum and plastic, but it is a rare combination of my two collecting interests of gas station and body shop memorabilia. Still haven't found a Mobil auto paint can to go with this clock.

Mobil Automotive Paints

Description: Mobil Auto Paint Clock
Attached picture mobilpaintclock.jpg
All Leather face. Have it so long, forgot where/when I got it.
Posted By: Oldgas Re: COTM -September '09- Petro/Auto advertising clocks - Sun Sep 27 2009 01:51 PM
Here is a round Bardahl Man clock. It is not lighted and has the glass crimped in a one piece aluminum body. I have one of the square Pam Bardahl clocks shown earlier in this topic. Those came in lighted and flatter, not lighted versions.

I got the Zephyr diamond Pam clock from Brad before he became "gasoildude" on Shop Talk.

Description: Bardahl Man clock round version
Attached picture bardahlclockrd.jpg

Description: Zephyr Pam clock
Attached picture zephyrclockpam.jpg
This one was an estate sale find by my dad, right down the street from his house.

Here's a Conoco office clock. It had the self-setting mechanism (set to 12:00 by remote). I brought it to an old clock guy to get the hands aligned, and instead he stripped that feature out of it and added a set knob. The hands still don't line up. Grrr.

Posted By: The Rip Re: COTM -September '09- Petro/Auto advertising clocks - Thu May 19 2016 03:18 PM
Here is my Mobil clock, 1956.

Attached picture _20160203_224015_2.JPG
Attached picture _20160203_230503_2.JPG
Attached picture DSC_6994_2.JPG

Have 3 original pics from the dealership.
Posted By: The Rip Re: COTM -September '09- Petro/Auto advertising clocks - Fri Aug 31 2018 08:27 PM
My Mobil Paint clock, and a few others I have.
Steve

Attached picture IMG_9827.JPG
Attached picture IMG_9828.JPG
Attached picture IMG_9831.JPG
Nice clocks
Posted By: The Rip Re: COTM -September '09- Petro/Auto advertising clocks - Wed Sep 12 2018 03:21 PM
Picked up this AUTOLITE clock.
Steve

Attached picture IMG_2525.JPG
Sokane ,Wa.

Attached picture DSC00566.JPG
Attached picture DSC00567.JPG
Texaco

Attached picture DSC00568.JPG
Another Mopar

Attached picture DSC00569.JPG
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: COTM -September '09- Petro/Auto advertising clocks - Sat Feb 08 2020 02:44 PM
Thought about doing a COTM Thread but found out there was all ready one posted in the past . So I thought I would kickstart it again . Any contributors ?

Description: A few Automotive Clocks
Attached File
Attached picture 846819A4-109C-4E8F-BC60-52B94B6AFB93.jpeg
Attached picture 0CBC70C3-2715-4090-96F7-FA403AFB1B72.jpeg
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: COTM -September '09- Petro/Auto advertising clocks - Sat Feb 08 2020 02:55 PM
One more !

Attached File
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: COTM -September '09- Petro/Auto advertising clocks - Sat Feb 08 2020 02:57 PM
One more .

Attached picture E9DB6E33-29B4-4D47-998B-58775D439818.jpeg
Here are some auto related clocks I have .

Attached picture IMG_2152.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2153.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2154.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2155.JPG
A few more.

Attached picture IMG_2156.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2157.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2158.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2159.JPG
One more

Attached picture IMG_2160.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk