Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: olddutchgas Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Fri Apr 09 2010 11:56 PM
Time for a new Globe of the Month! This edition will be featuring globes with the Ethyl logo.

I'll start it off with a couple of bird globes to transition us from "animal" globes to Ethyl globes. The Martin on the right is quite common and turns up regularily. The one on the left with the slogan "The finest Ethyl of all" is fairly scrace. I have only seen a couple of other examples.

Why not take a few minutes and share some of your Ethyl logo globes. Thanks!

Lonnie

Attached picture IMG_7142.JPG
Attached picture IMG_7143.JPG
These are the 4 that I have.
Posted By: s932 Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat Apr 10 2010 01:25 AM
Here are mine

Posted By: s932 Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat Apr 10 2010 01:27 AM
I do need to make a clarification the simpson is not mine i do have that one but do not have a picture of it. This one is a fellow oldgasser.
Posted By: Tankar Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat Apr 10 2010 02:48 AM
These are all I have with the ethyl logo

Attached picture globe1.JPG
Attached picture globe2.JPG
Attached picture globe3.JPG
Attached picture globe4.JPG
Posted By: Tankar Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat Apr 10 2010 02:49 AM
last one 1 lense only

Attached picture globe5.JPG
Only One I have...

Posted By: frankpl Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat Apr 10 2010 09:32 PM
Here are a few of mine...Frank
Posted By: frankpl Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat Apr 10 2010 09:33 PM
Posted By: frankpl Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat Apr 10 2010 09:34 PM
Posted By: frankpl Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat Apr 10 2010 09:35 PM
Posted By: frankpl Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat Apr 10 2010 09:36 PM
Posted By: frankpl Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat Apr 10 2010 09:38 PM
Posted By: frankpl Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat Apr 10 2010 09:40 PM
Posted By: keithia Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sun Apr 11 2010 01:03 AM
Here are mine.

Attached picture IMG_4948.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4949.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4952.JPG
Attached picture IMG_4953.JPG
Posted By: avio Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sun Apr 11 2010 01:55 AM

Posted By: avio Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sun Apr 11 2010 01:58 AM

Posted By: avio Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sun Apr 11 2010 02:01 AM
Nice stuff so far everyone. Here are my Ethyl globes smile

This one is the only one known of & is one of my favorites I have smile

Tydol Ethyl Cast Lens smile
Don't have a lot of globes, but I do have two with Ethyl logos....Dale

Attached picture MVC-022S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-023S.JPG
These are my only two. One from each of the two Frontier companys. Mitch

Attached picture PDR_0100.JPG
URL=http://img265.imageshack.us/i/ethyl.jpg/][/URL]
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Wed Apr 14 2010 12:07 AM
I am trying not to double post any globes.

Posted By: Jarvis Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Wed Apr 14 2010 12:08 AM

Posted By: Jarvis Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Wed Apr 14 2010 12:09 AM

Posted By: s932 Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Wed Apr 14 2010 12:27 AM
Jarvis you really make me sick you know that right LOL
Posted By: sanford Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Wed Apr 14 2010 12:31 AM
John, those are some really nice globes you've got there. I can only dream, someday, maybe?
Here is the only two I have for now.
This one is not mine yet, but if the deal go's though it will be in my collection soon.
Looking good on the ethyl globes!

Here are a few Ethyl logo globes from the Jim Fox Auction that Matthews Auctions held a few years back.

Take a few minutes tonight and share your Ethyl globes with the rest of the Oldgas Community.

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attached picture IMG_0775_15.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0781_16.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0868_27.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0872_28.JPG
Here are mine:

Posted By: sanford Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Mon Apr 19 2010 01:05 PM
I'm really liking that Deep Rock. The others look nice, too.
Posted By: s932 Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Mon Apr 19 2010 01:09 PM
I knew as soon as you saw that deep rock Sanford you would be saying something. It is a nice looking globe
Posted By: Pegasus Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat Apr 24 2010 12:05 PM
Here's pictures of my ethyl globes.......

I have a couple more, but they've already been posted by others.

Richard
That bird on the Associated globe reminds me of the Richfield bird. Are the companies related?
John
likeing that associated avaition globe!!!! nice globes so far KEEP THEM COMING!!!!! ALAN
Posted By: T-way Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Wed Apr 28 2010 07:05 PM
I don't have a lot of globes - but I do specialize in globes that have the 'ETHYL' logo on them.
Especially before the Ethyl Corporation got better at controling the Ethyl image.

Early Ethyl lenses would have different numbers of rays, different colors of rays and the banner at the bottom of the logo was whatever the lens artist wanted it to be. I find the differences to be great for the collector.

Anyway, I'll post one at a time and spread them out since this thread seems to have slowed down considerably.

Here is a 15" version of the Red Pepper Ethyl image.

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: T-way Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Thu Apr 29 2010 01:55 PM
And here is the globe in my collection with the smallest Ethyl logo - Cresyl Ethyl

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: T-way Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Fri Apr 30 2010 02:59 PM
Come on gang - no one esle has any more Ethyl Globes to share?

Well, here is one more. A nice Canadian Supertest Ethyl wide-bodied Milkglass globe.

More to come.

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: Tokheim Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Fri Apr 30 2010 04:13 PM
Wish it was mine...
I am really likin this one !!!!!!! WOW !
Posted By: T-way Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Fri Apr 30 2010 09:54 PM
Okay, I posted my smallest Ethyl logo - now here is my bigest Ethyl logo globe.

These Sparkol lenses are on an original screw-base narrow Milkglass body.
These lenses feature the later Ethyl logo.

I'll post another one or two tomorrow.

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: T-way Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat May 01 2010 08:28 PM
Hello . . . McFLy - anybody out there!

Well, I still have Ethyl Globes to share. LOL

Here is a nice Superior Ethy Gasoline globe. This is a 'Banded Body'. both lenses are near mint.

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat May 01 2010 08:35 PM
Jim, I am watching!
By the way be careful putting notched lenses in a banded body like the Superior because the metal rings have a notch at the top like 15" metal globes do on the bottom and you can crack a lens.
Posted By: T-way Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat May 01 2010 08:37 PM
John:

Thanks - but I checked these lenses when I installed them. I don't remember if there is actually a notch in these bands or not - all I remember is I could spin the lenses easily once I did install them.

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat May 01 2010 09:53 PM
Jim, All the banded bodies i have seen had a metal "bump" at the top. I would look at it myself to make sure you don't break a cool lens.
Posted By: T-way Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sun May 02 2010 07:12 PM
Here's one for a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Super Rose Ethyl - one of the only lenses you'll ever see with a 'Script' font on it. Most script fonts look really crappy when you try to set them onto a curve.

Later . . .

Jim
Great posts so far! I have been busy the last few weeks and have not added much to this post. Thanks for picking up the slack Jim. With your love of the Ethyl logo globes this post was made for you!

Here are a few Ethyl globes that I have photograghed at auctions over the past few years. The Bonded and the Crown are both uncommon globes and seldom offered for sale.

Souperhigh (aka as Maurice Campbell) sent me photos of a bunch of his Ethyl globes and I will be a adding a few here and there over the next couple of weeks.

Keep those photos coming.

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attached picture IMG_0231_1.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0595_1.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0600_1.JPG
Afew more globes and one with more script font like Jim had mentioned....

Attached picture IMG_1131 (Small).jpg
Attached picture IMG_1132 (Small).jpg
Attached picture IMG_1133 (Small).jpg
Posted By: T-way Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Mon May 03 2010 12:59 PM
Here's my Monday Morning contribution . . .

The Keeper got me these off of e-Bay a few years ago for my birthday or some other 'special' occcasion. LOL

Later . . .

Jim
I bought this at Ohio Gas... NOS All glass body and lenses...
I guess it was a small company in Hamilton Ohio..
Seems like Champion Spark Plugs would have copyright on Champion name???? Any info on this globe or company would be great!!!
Thanks...
Posted By: T-way Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Tue May 04 2010 02:24 PM
and one for Tuesday.

Super FLash Ethyl . . .

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: T-way Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Wed May 05 2010 11:54 AM
. . . and my 'Hump Day' contribution.

Elreco Ethyl lenses on a Gill glass body.

'til tomorrow.

Jim
Posted By: T-way Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Thu May 06 2010 11:59 AM
Of course, we can't forget a Thursday contribution.

Sovereign Ethyl in a cut-down Capco.

Later . . .

Jim
Posted By: T-way Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Fri May 07 2010 01:38 PM
. . . and here is another Ethyl globe for Friday.

Magnolia Premium Ethyl on Capco.

Till next time.

Jim
nice globes jim!
Posted By: T-way Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat May 08 2010 04:11 PM
Thanks Mick.

Here is my contribution for a windy Saturday - and the last one I have to post.

A nice Dixie Ethyl on a Capco body. This is a single lens - so if anybody has another single to sell, drop me a note.

Later . . .

Jim

Here are a couple

Attached picture MVC-397S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-398S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-399S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-400S.JPG
couple more

Attached picture MVC-402S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-401S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-403S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-404S.JPG
few more

Attached picture MVC-405S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-406S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-407S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-408S.JPG
Looking good Maurice! Red Pepper globes are uncommon and the Better Ethyl version is particularily rare. Lets see some more!

Lonnie
few more

Attached picture MVC-409S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-410S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-411S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-412S.JPG
few more

Attached picture MVC-413S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-414S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-415S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-417S.JPG
more

Attached picture MVC-418S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-419S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-420S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-421S.JPG
another

Attached picture MVC-422S.JPG
few more

Attached picture MVC-402S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-401S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-400S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-399S.JPG
last few

Attached picture MVC-397S.JPG
Attached picture MVC-398S.JPG
Maurice nice globes there!!!! I also like the Red Peppers. Color me jealous wink
Posted By: Jack R Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sun May 09 2010 11:28 PM
Maurice, you have some real nice globes. Jack
These are the only two I have..........so far.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Really nice globes, Maurice. Especially like the Kant Nock with the wide yellow rays...

a couple of my Ride with Rose ethyl (MMP stands for Mississippi Motor Products)

couple more neat globes to add....
will resize and send Tuesday some more.
Maurice
Cant wait Maurice smile
try again.....

Attached picture DSC01516.JPG
Attached picture DSC01517.JPG
Attached picture DSC01518.JPG
Attached picture DSC01513.JPG
couple more..

Attached picture DSC01511.JPG
Attached picture DSC01512.JPG
Attached picture DSC01514.JPG
Attached picture DSC01515.JPG
Those AAA-1 globes look good smile
Looking good everyone. Lets see some more!

Here are a few more Ethyl globes that I had photos of. The Northland is somewhat rare and unusual with two Ethyl logos on a lense.

Attached picture IMG_1231_2.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1594.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3976.JPG
WOW! This has really been enlightening! Its so great to have a thread like this where you can view globes that you would never otherwise see! A special thanks to Lonnie and all the contibutors for taking the time to photo their collections for us! Any more Ethyls???
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Wed May 12 2010 02:07 PM
This is how GOTM used to be!!! Glad to see everyone participating! I have one coming... hope it gets here soon so i can post it!
Lonnie that Northland with the double Ethyl logos is sweet smile
Here are a few more Ethyl globes that I have photographed at Dan Matthews Auctions. The Radio Ethyl is a pretty rare piece and I believe it is from Canada. I will be out of town for a few days but have lots more Ethyl globe photos to posts.

Lets see yours!

Lonnie

Attached picture IMG_0899_30.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0781_16.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0880_29.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0872_28.JPG
Here are a couple of photos from the Spring Peotone Show. The earlier Dixe Ethyl with Ethyl Gasoline Corporation logo is pretty tough to find.

Attached picture IMG_7007.JPG
Attached picture IMG_7006.JPG
Awesome, come on guys and gals let's see more Ethyl globes. This is a cool thread.Heck, even I learned how to post pictures finally for this thread.
Let's keep it going.
Posted By: Jarvis Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Mon May 17 2010 03:42 AM
Just got this one this weekend at the Clyde Hodge Auction. Mitch

Attached picture PDR_0122.JPG
Here are a few more Ehtyl logo globes that I have photographed over the past few years. The General Ethyl is particularily tough to find. I've got quite a few more Ethyl globes to post.

Lets see yours. Thanks!

Lonie

Attached picture IMG_6871.JPG
Attached picture IMG_6873.JPG
Attached picture IMG_6874.JPG
A few more!

Attached picture IMG_6727.JPG
Attached picture IMG_6772.JPG
Attached picture IMG_6809.JPG
Attached picture IMG_6815.JPG
Here are a few Ehtyl globes from the Bruce Bednar collection in Florida. Check out the little 1-piece Canfield Ehtyl globe and the two different Mutual Ethyl globes on 15" metal.

The Fosters Ethyl with the flames is not to shabby either!

I am out of town the next few days but will post more when I get back. Lets see your Ethyl globes!

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attached picture IMG_7105.JPG
Attached picture IMG_7065.JPG
Attached picture IMG_7083.JPG
HERE ARE TWO OF MY ETHYL GLOBES

Attached picture OLD GAS WEBB.jpg
Attached picture OLD GAS WEARCO.jpg
Looking good everyone!

The Imperial Ethyl with EC logo has been posted already but check out the early Imperial Ethyl with the EGC Ethyl logo and it is a true banded body lense on a banded body. It is the only one I have ever seen.

Attached picture IMG_7158.JPG
Attached picture IMG_7127.JPG
Here are a few oval "Ethyl" globes.

Lets see some more Ethyl globes. Thanks!

Lonnie

Attached picture IMG_7151.JPG
Attached picture IMG_7160.JPG
Attached picture IMG_7162.JPG
Posted By: BLange Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sat May 22 2010 09:50 PM

This is the first globe I bought, found it on a farm on top of a Bowser pump.

Here are a few more Ethyl globes that I have photographed over the years. I have more Ethyl globe photos I will post later in the week.

Great posts so far, lets see some more!

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attached picture IMG_7152.JPG
Attached picture IMG_7157.JPG
Attached picture IMG_7148.JPG

After today more globes for the little people. : )))
15" and 16 1/2" Mobilgas ethyl. 15"
Has been sold. Old photo
Dan
Posted By: djhubba Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Wed Jan 13 2016 04:13 PM
Hi Dan..i now own the 15" Mobilgas ethyl..i bought it from Ron. small globe world :-)
Posted By: Done4 Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Fri Jan 15 2016 06:10 PM
I would like to add some of mine to keep this great thread going for another 5 years.

Attached picture photo 2.JPG
Attached picture photo 4.JPG
Attached picture photo 1.JPG
Attached picture photo 3.JPG
Posted By: Done4 Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Fri Jan 15 2016 06:17 PM
Last one and my most favorite.

Attached picture photo 5.JPG
Posted By: Tom R. Re: Globe of the Month(s) April/May- Ethyl logo globes - Sun Jan 17 2016 03:42 PM
Here are a few from my collection.

Attached picture IMG_0917.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0919.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0925.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0927.JPG
Couple of mine

Attached picture sm.jpg
Attached picture IMG_6736.JPG
Here are mine,

Attached picture NewImage_480_270_100.jpg
Attached picture NewImage_500_281_100.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk