Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: 396L35 Its a Gas... - Thu Nov 25 2010 06:22 PM
I just finished my Martin and Schwartz 80 short base/top early this week. I have it displayed in my basement now but I plan on moving it to my 18 month twin boys room next week. Here are a few shots as I was putting it back together and the finished product. Enjoy, Mark

Posted By: 396L35 Re: Its a Gas... - Thu Nov 25 2010 06:24 PM

Posted By: advertologist Re: Its a Gas... - Thu Nov 25 2010 06:34 PM
a job well done
Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: Its a Gas... - Thu Nov 25 2010 06:47 PM
I sure am starting to like that Sunoco stuff!! Nice pump!
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Its a Gas... - Fri Nov 26 2010 01:04 AM
HAVE ALWAYS LOVED THE SUNOCO STUFF AND COLORS...ALWAYS BEEN A PART OF MY DRIVING LIFE AND AREA.

GREAT JOB. YOUR BOYS WILL LEARN TO APPRECIATE THAT PUMP.
Posted By: POLESIGNKID Re: Its a Gas... - Fri Nov 26 2010 01:37 AM
I bet those twin boy can't wait to play with those 1/18 cars
Posted By: 396L35 Re: Its a Gas... - Fri Nov 26 2010 01:46 AM
Originally Posted By: POLESIGNKID
I bet those twin boy can't wait to play with those 1/18 cars

Yeah I have to get some locks for the cabinets so the boys dont mess up the cars...
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Its a Gas... - Fri Nov 26 2010 01:54 AM
Very nice attention to detail. Very nice restoration! Congratulations!
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Its a Gas... - Fri Nov 26 2010 02:29 AM
Nice job, I like the cars also.
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: Its a Gas... - Fri Nov 26 2010 01:16 PM
Wow, love the pump and all the eye candy on the walls. You are either single or have a very understanding Wife.
Mike
Posted By: gasoildude Re: Its a Gas... - Fri Nov 26 2010 01:46 PM
Looks great. I like the Sunoco colors smile
Posted By: Oldgas Re: Its a Gas... - Fri Nov 26 2010 02:18 PM
Nice job, Mark. I love it when the inside looks as nice as the outside. I'll bet the kids love those swings.
Posted By: 396L35 Re: Its a Gas... - Fri Nov 26 2010 03:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Oldgas
Nice job, Mark. I love it when the inside looks as nice as the outside. I'll bet the kids love those swings.

Thanks for the comments and yes I have a very understanding wife that loves this stuff as well. As for the swings... the boys love them because they can swing everyday without worrying about the weather outside and my wife can do the laundry and not worry about what they will get into...
Posted By: Vermonter Re: Its a Gas... - Fri Nov 26 2010 03:09 PM
excellent job! I love those Blue Sunocos...they really pop
John
Posted By: olblue1938 Re: Its a Gas... - Thu Dec 02 2010 11:26 PM
Iam just starting on a Wayne 80.Your pump is a real inspiration and a goal to aim for.Thanks for the pictures.
Posted By: 396L35 Re: Its a Gas... - Fri Dec 03 2010 02:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Jerry C
Iam just starting on a Wayne 80.Your pump is a real inspiration and a goal to aim for.Thanks for the pictures.

Let me know if you need any advice with the resto and I can give you some tips. Mark
Posted By: marxmobilgas Re: Its a Gas... - Fri Dec 03 2010 02:28 PM
Is that metal car emblems on the walls?
Nice pumps
Posted By: 396L35 Re: Its a Gas... - Fri Dec 03 2010 03:15 PM
Originally Posted By: nbkz7w8
Is that metal car emblems on the walls?
Nice pumps

Yes they are metal dealership tags/emblems from all over the nation and Canada. They make a nice border in the room and a great way to display them. Mark
Posted By: rvanpelt Re: Its a Gas... - Sat Dec 04 2010 02:21 AM
AWESOME Job!!! Love those colors and all M/S 80s!!
Rod
Posted By: gasmelincelr Re: Its a Gas... - Tue Dec 07 2010 12:30 AM
Nice job, you really went the extra mile on the inside. It looks like new.
Posted By: 396L35 Re: Its a Gas... - Tue Dec 07 2010 01:43 AM
Originally Posted By: gasmelincelr
Nice job, you really went the extra mile on the inside. It looks like new.

Thanks... The only thing that is missing is the lower pump itself and I re-used all the original conduit to run my wires.
Posted By: olblue1938 Re: Its a Gas... - Fri Dec 17 2010 11:26 PM
Thank you for your offer. Being new to the web site,I just now saw your reply to my post.I probably will need help.I took pictures of the tear down two or three years ago.My computer dumped and now that I am starting to start restoration I have the mind of a absent minded old man and no pictures.
Posted By: Vermonter Re: Its a Gas... - Sat Dec 18 2010 01:33 AM
Thank you for your offer. Being new to the web site,I just now saw your reply to my post.I probably will need help.I took pictures of the tear down two or three years ago.My computer dumped and now that I am starting to start restoration I have the mind of a absent minded old man and no pictures.

That happened to me. You can get it back together with help from the guys here. Good luck.
John
Posted By: 396L35 Re: Its a Gas... - Sat Dec 18 2010 08:41 AM

Jerry if you need more pictures than the ones I posted just send me an email and I will help you get your pump back together. Mark
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk