Oldgas.com Home

MY BUYS FROM THE METRO PETRO SHOW TODAY:

I ALSO GOT A DECENT PAIR OF FRONT LEGS FOR A LEFT FACING PEGASUS ON EBAY (I'M SURE YOU ALL KNOW WHAT THOSE LOOK LIKE!) wink

THANKS!
Posted By: Hy-Flash 72 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Sun Mar 20 2011 11:32 PM
Wow I'm First!!!

Here is a 1 gal can I got at a auction.

Have you Ohio guys or anybody heard of the Lilly White Oil Company from Lima,Oh?

New one on me?

Randy

Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Sun Mar 20 2011 11:33 PM
First off Nice Socony Sign Doc!!

Easy Pour Flange:

NOS Bendix Brake Cabinet From the Non Members Section:

Cool Cardboard Sign:

Found this Eco 38 Local- Very Happy with it(Just need some trim):

Found this Chalkboard with a cool car graphic:

Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Sun Mar 20 2011 11:46 PM
A Few New Quarts for me.

Posted By: Tankar Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Sun Mar 20 2011 11:54 PM
Bought a large pure collection Here are some of the items, anybody know about the quaker state can?

Attached picture 1.JPG
Attached picture 2.JPG
Attached picture 3.JPG
Attached picture 4.JPG
Posted By: Tankar Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Sun Mar 20 2011 11:55 PM
few more signs more to come monday night

Attached picture 5.JPG
Posted By: Tankar Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 12:00 AM
couple more

Attached picture 6.JPG
Attached picture 7.JPG
Posted By: 1970mach Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 12:07 AM
Picked up a nice collection of B/A and White Rose Maps, A Fram Clock and a beautiful MF masonite sign today from a local memorabilia sale.

I also bought earlier this week a Gilbarco Calco Pump that was originally a Esso Diesel pump. Will post when I get it home I will post the pics of it.

Attached picture DSC_9686.jpg
Attached picture DSC_9687.jpg
Posted By: beng2121 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 01:45 AM
Found this one 4 houses down the street. Amazing what can be in your own backyard! Too bad it had a few inches cut off.

Description: 5' Skelly Sign
Attached picture DSCN0796.JPG
Posted By: strnge Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 01:54 AM
I got a bunch of things this week for the first time. I usually pick up one or two things every few weeks. This time I went to a couple of estate sales and found several goodies at each one for cheap. They were basically giving it away.

This is the first place I went to:

The battery tenders are N.O.S. and so are 3 of the oil can spouts made by J-Mark. The spark plugs are as well.

Posted By: always lookin Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 02:02 AM
First time ever, that I bought just one thing.

Attached picture DSC01527.JPG
Posted By: upsgaspumps Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 02:32 AM
Picked up a bunch of STP large standing embossed wire racks and a bunch of STP small wall mounted wire racks Saturday.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted By: Mr.Wadhams Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 02:37 AM
Very nice Plymouth sign...unique small size...always thought they were cool!

I picked up a couple decent Wadhams signs and a barn hanger. To bad the bad one is the rarer design.

Also a tin Motorcraft Ford sign. The letters and Ford emblem are slightly embossed.

And a 8" round marble reflector sign....thing...anybody know what it is for? It has a cast aluminum housing about 1" thick.

Jim

Attached picture motorcraft.jpg
Attached picture wad_gas1.jpg
Attached picture reflector.jpg
Posted By: bustermonty Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 03:36 AM
My Indy Ad show buys. Must be the week for Lima OH items. Charm Oil from Radiant Oil Co. Looks like a pop bottle. Bought this from a guy walking through the show showing pictures to guys with gas and oil signs. He has another one in a little worse condition he wants to sell. Contact me for his info. The Puritan sign is a classic. A little different than the one I have. This one has Tractors on it.

Posted By: strnge Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 04:27 AM
WOW what a score!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: upsgaspumps
Picked up a bunch of STP large standing embossed wire racks and a bunch of STP small wall mounted wire racks Saturday.

Posted By: Johnnyleduc Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 04:29 AM
Bought this a few weeks ago and it came in the mail last week. Minnitoys Texaco truck in well loved state.

Does any one know the name of the Manufacture of the Air nozzle with built in gauge in Strnge’s picture. I would love to find one.

Attached picture DSC04189.JPG
Attached picture DSC04190.JPG
Attached picture DSC04192.JPG
Posted By: strnge Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 04:40 AM
It is made by Markol. I have found air drills from them, but never an air nozzele.

Mike
Posted By: strnge Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 01:44 PM
Here is a close up of the exide am radio I got in the first estate sale:

Posted By: K W FRITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 02:20 PM
I found this sign hanger on a recent pickin trip. It was still hanging from the building with 3 chains and with a little detective work, I was able to locate the owner and he was happy that someone would take it down and actually "PAY" him for it!
The unique thing about this sign hanger is that its porcelain coated. I wasn't aware of that fact until I got it down and saw the finish and the makers mark on the mounting pipe! Really neat piece, now if I can just find a sign for it!! LOL Not positive on the date but it looks like it says "Made in the USA" 1909.

Attached picture Fisher_Sign_Pole-resized.jpg
Attached picture Porcelain Maker -resized.jpg
Posted By: strnge Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 02:28 PM
Sweet!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 03:02 PM
Nice Hood ornament Kevin w/ lights for each wheel!
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 03:09 PM
A few signs i picked up! have not touched em yet,i did a small area & they will clean up,however ...........i just am not motivated to hit my knees & clean a sign! lol..... "beat" from a long weekend diggin ! Great stuff fellas!

OH I FORGOT TO TAKE A PIC, BUT I FOUND A KILLER "BRASS , HAND PUMP TIRE INFLATOR MADE BY FORD! ITS TOO NEAT I WILL SHARE LATER,HAS FORD STAMPED ALL OVER THE PIECE!

Attached picture _1.jpg
Attached picture _2.jpg
Attached picture _1.jpg
Posted By: DasFast1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 06:43 PM
Chris, great score I'm totally jealous.

My contribution:
Yes it's fantasy, but it is petro, it fits a Wayne 70 and it's from T-way.

Posted By: gulfiend! Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 08:01 PM
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
I found this sign hanger on a recent pickin trip. It was still hanging from the building with 3 chains and with a little detective work, I was able to locate the owner and he was happy that someone would take it down and actually "PAY" him for it!
The unique thing about this sign hanger is that its porcelain coated. I wasn't aware of that fact until I got it down and saw the finish and the makers mark on the mounting pipe! Really neat piece, now if I can just find a sign for it!! LOL Not positive on the date but it looks like it says "Made in the USA" 1909.

...probably 1939 or 1933...I think a Coke sign or Budweiser sign went on it...I had a Budweiser sign with a porcelain frame and hangers that were the same color....
Posted By: Tankar Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 08:24 PM
I believe coca cola used these porcelain hangers on there fountain service signs ect.
Originally Posted By: Tankar
I believe coca cola used these porcelain hangers on there fountain service signs ect.

I believe the last two posts are more correct of the time period for Kevin's large sign bracket. Very ART DECO and similar to the way some of the Coca-Cola signs were cut across the top. Don't think ART DECO was a style in 1909.
Posted By: Tankar Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 10:11 PM
few more, I have always wanted the pure lighted sign.

Attached picture 1.JPG
Attached picture 2.JPG
Attached picture 3.JPG
Posted By: Tankar Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 10:12 PM
The pure sign

Attached picture 4.JPG
Attached picture 5.JPG
Posted By: Dale Stephens Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Mon Mar 21 2011 11:58 PM
Like that Pure lighted sign...
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Tue Mar 22 2011 12:18 AM
You guys are probably right! Very hard to read the date correctly but it sure could be 1939? The building it was attached to was never a service station. It was definitely a store front of some kind!---KEVIN
Posted By: 59fairlane Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Tue Mar 22 2011 12:33 AM
Wow, some great stuff.

My humble buys.....

Thanks to Scott for the cool mobil can

Got this at a local antique show this past weekend, stole it at $45. It's old, thick, and heavy for the size. Already on the shelf.
Posted By: strnge Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Tue Mar 22 2011 01:55 AM
Photo of the only thing I got from my second estate sale I went to last week:

N.O.S.

Posted By: strnge Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Tue Mar 22 2011 02:05 AM
And finally from the third estate sale:

Looks to be through 1969.

I have never seen a big jar of Bars Leaks. 1950 Gates belt and hose manual. Note the 1950 Echlin electrical parts catalog. It goes with the last item I picked up.

Echlin Cabinet

Posted By: Pogo's Garage Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Thu Mar 24 2011 01:01 AM
Picked up a pump I've been wanting for a long time, its been a tough pump to find in barn fresh, but I'm glad I was patient. It is a Bowser 99, the same as a 97 but with the air option. Thanks to Mike Horton for selling me this cool piece of cast iron.

Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Fri Mar 25 2011 07:04 PM
Texaco restroom sign "BARNHANGER" dated 57 !

Attached picture _1.jpg
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Fri Mar 25 2011 08:05 PM
Kevin I googled your sign post mfg, just as it reads on sign, and got to signs at 2009 act. Fountain service & Drug Store. Both art deco top ,green with yellow letter. 60in.by 13 3/4. Date 1932. Auction stated these was from Nashville Drug Store.
Posted By: chadrock00 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 14th - 20th. - Fri Mar 25 2011 09:56 PM
Bear sign

Attached picture 022.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk