Oldgas.com Home

Well Collectors of the Oldgas.com Forums, It's time to show us what you bought this past week. Hope you all found something worthy! laugh

Thanks!
Posted By: chadrock00 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Sun Mar 27 2011 11:19 PM
Picked these up yesterday morning, both are metal.

Attached picture 003.JPG
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Mon Mar 28 2011 12:26 AM
Hello All,
It's been a while since I've posted, so here are my buy "highlights" of the last several weeks. First off are some 5 quarts and Sunoco oil bottles. I've always like the Sunoco oil bottles as they are among the more colorful bottles out there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Next pic are my Mobil buys of late. The pump plate is the harder to find "a" version made for the Magnolia territory, and in my opinion are probably the earlier version of the pump plates. The dealer award is also from the Magnolia division. You don't see this silver award too often. It was extremely dusty when I got it and it cleaned up nice.

Last up are my globe additions. The Midwest globe was a crazy cheap buy it now on Ebay. I was quite suprised to read how rare this globe was when I looked it up in the globe books. I got a steal on it for sure! The PURE globe was also an Ebay win, and I ended up meeting fellow Old Gasser Dave "Warriorgas" as I picked it up direct. His daughter had listed the globe and was unavailable herself to meet me, so she took it to her Dad's for me to pick up. It worked out well as I was glad to meet Dave and his nice wife and take a look at his collection. It was a nice day trip!
Have a good one all,
Darin

Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Mon Mar 28 2011 01:48 AM
A couple of pumps I picked up at the escolan show two weeks ago. Been to busy to post.
Rob
The Wayne 60 narrow body pump actually runs still!!!!

Attached picture Tok display.JPG
Attached picture tok display2.JPG
Posted By: dundign Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Mon Mar 28 2011 01:56 AM
ROB-- I will take the 34 off your hands.. I know how to make it all better LOL -- great pump.. Tom
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Mon Mar 28 2011 02:25 AM
I picked up this A-38 from Rob on Friday. Did not get it out of the truck untill today because it has been raining so much.
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Mon Mar 28 2011 02:35 AM
Have pump will travel!!
Neat seeing that globe on my old pump Matt! Looks great nice globe holder LOL.
Tom being that my 34 is still in the rough I can dream of all the possibilities!!
Rob
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Mon Mar 28 2011 02:41 AM
A few signs for me,most were non gas & oil,Humble oil credit card machine stand & base came from a good friend & gasser! Rob..... those are a fine pair of pumps,job well done on those!

Attached picture _1.jpg
Attached picture _3.jpg
Attached picture _4.jpg
Posted By: JimmyD Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Mon Mar 28 2011 03:00 PM
Some of my recent purchases.

Attached picture Amoco.jpg
Attached picture BOTW.jpg
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Mon Mar 28 2011 05:32 PM
I was able to pick up a few smalls.

Thanks to Kevin Frith's generosity my brass tags also grew this past week. Thanks again Kevin!!! The Veedol can is from France and made by Getty. The SpotOil can is from Scott Shipers.

Description: Brass tags from Kevin
Attached picture Brass tags from Kevin Frith.JPG

Description: BOTW cans
Attached picture BOTW cans 3028-11.JPG

Description: Johnson Oil gas stick and Brilliant Bronze token
Attached picture Johnson Oil gas stick and token.JPG

Description: Pure Oil Tootsie Toy tractor and tanker
Attached picture Pure Oil Tootsie Toy truck.JPG
Posted By: Kyle Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Mon Mar 28 2011 09:58 PM
My first post for Buy Of The Week. Not much, but I thought it was neat.

Attached picture IMG_0523 [640x480].JPG
Posted By: LOWright Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Mon Mar 28 2011 11:31 PM
Here is my buy!1930's 48" two sided Marathon sign with ring. I got it from Tom Schilling (dundign). It should be here tomorrow. Thanks Tom.
Hope to help you thin out your garage! LOL
Owen

Attached picture marathon 5.jpg
Gr8 Looking sign Owen, Glad you got it....Looks awfully familiar...can't figure out why? wink
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Mon Mar 28 2011 11:40 PM
great sign there owen!!
Posted By: LOWright Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Tue Mar 29 2011 12:03 AM
Thanks guys! Thanks to oldgas also for the wanted fourm!. It works!
Doc,
Pick me out something good for next week! LOL
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Tue Mar 29 2011 12:35 AM
Latest addition to the globe collection, 15 inch on low profile metal

Posted By: DasFast1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Tue Mar 29 2011 01:51 AM
Got a little carried away this week. I picked up a Lubster & M&S 80 (ALREADY SANDBLASTED! on Tuesday and then felt the urge to go east on Saturday and meet fellow Old Gassers Keithia & Racecop. My son, dad and I had a good trip. I swear my son now knows ever expensive pump in Jack's book. Can't wait for FATW in April.

Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Tue Mar 29 2011 02:26 AM
ADMIT IT, your ADDICTED!
& now your Pushing your Dad & Son down the same Path! laugh
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Tue Mar 29 2011 02:32 AM
Bowser i picked up!

Attached picture _1.jpg
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Tue Mar 29 2011 02:37 AM
DASFAST1..... YOU NEED A MEETING,YOUR ONE OF US,GET A SPONSOR QUICKLY... OR YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF WONDERING AROUND SCRAP YARDS AIMLESSLY LOOKING FOR A FIX! LOL................THATS REALLY COOL ......& THANKS FOR SHARING laugh AND KEEP COMONG BACK laugh laugh
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Tue Mar 29 2011 11:11 AM
Picked up a Pontiac 5ft sign.Hope you all have a great week.Mark

Attached picture MVC-003S.JPG
Posted By: strnge Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Tue Mar 29 2011 04:06 PM
Picked this up. I have not seen it before. Two sided. Porcelain Marble like back round which might have been a cream color originally.

Posted By: DasFast1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Tue Mar 29 2011 06:43 PM
that being the case, anyone know a good therapist/sponsor. I have lots of questions I need to find the answers too.
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Tue Mar 29 2011 06:48 PM
i thought i had a good therapist but then he started asking what i would sell my stuff to him for!!LOL nice buys!!
Posted By: gmstuff Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Wed Mar 30 2011 12:11 AM
I picked this globe up last week off eBay, it just happened to be from a local collector. It’ only single sided but the writing and the red circle is cast into the globe not just painted on. It’s pretty early pre 30’s. I’m not 100% sure where it was used but I would guess it was somewhere to park your car overnight, like an early valet?

Attached picture auto1.jpg
Attached picture auto2.jpg
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Wed Mar 30 2011 02:19 AM
Just arrived today. Added a few parts to make it look better.

Posted By: LC 336 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Wed Mar 30 2011 01:18 PM
I just picked this up a few days ago, along with some really nice double street signs.
Thanks to Matt A, and Jim @ T-way for all the info.

Attached picture erie 2.jpg
Attached picture ERIE 4-2.jpg
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Wed Mar 30 2011 01:51 PM
great lookin pumps!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Wed Mar 30 2011 10:17 PM
Matt,
Nice line up going on there!!!
Posted By: Utah Gas Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Fri Apr 01 2011 06:54 PM
Mark, What an absolutly gorgeous Pontiac Service sign, i,m in love!!! Dave Mac Kay.
Posted By: Nucky Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Sun Apr 03 2011 09:12 AM
great finds everyone, love the pumps and the pontiac sign too

I found a bunch of matchbook covers some days ago

Posted By: chadrock00 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 21st - 27th. - Sun Apr 03 2011 08:59 PM
MOVED
Chad, you should have put that in the BOTW thread I'm starting now, so it's current! wink
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk