Hope the rest of you did great! laugh

Thanks!
OLDGAS items and local flea finds

Attached picture 013.JPG
Attached picture 018.JPG
Picked up this NOS Texaco Rest Room Key set from an online auction,

and this keyhole sign from Wayne Story.

Jamie
Posted By: keithia Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 28th - APRIL 3rd. - Sun Apr 03 2011 11:34 PM
Picked up this A.O. Smith 483. Nice pump with stainless sides and top with porcelain doors. I assume this is a Cities Service branded pump. The pump looks even better in person than in the pictures.

Attached picture IMG_6540.JPG
Attached picture IMG_6542.JPG
Not to much stuff this week:

Antifreeze Tester missing the top piece- glass is good:

Mobil Book:

Cleaned out a closed auto parts store. 2 pics here have some oil stuff in it. Love the Sprague Thermom. Lots of nos lenses and interior parts for old 1920-40s cars.

Attached picture DSC01936.JPG
Attached picture DSC01938.JPG
pm sent.
Posted By: 5 quart Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 28th - APRIL 3rd. - Mon Apr 04 2011 02:54 AM
one new 5 quart
That's a GREAT 5-Quart Don! You must have over 700(?) now?

From the looks of things, several of you had a great pickin'/Buyin' Week!

KEEP THOSE BUYS OF THE WEEK COMIN'!! laugh
Posted By: JimmyD Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 28th - APRIL 3rd. - Mon Apr 04 2011 12:16 PM
Found some Wanda Motor Oil and Cato Automatic Transmission fluid (both products of Cato Oil & Grease Company out of Oklahoma City, OK), a Willard Batteries rack and some Delco signs.

Attached picture P1010001.JPG
Attached picture P1010002.JPG
Attached picture P1010015.JPG
Attached picture P1010013.JPG
Posted By: JimmyD Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 28th - APRIL 3rd. - Mon Apr 04 2011 12:19 PM
Also picked up a Dorman Spooltube rack, an AC "Fire Ring" Spark Plug book rack, a Dayton Radiator hose rack and some other misc cans.

Attached picture P1010005.JPG
Attached picture P1010006.JPG
Attached picture P1010007.JPG
Attached picture P1010010.JPG
pm sent.
A few new cans for me this week. And a Napkin wink Does anyone collect Napkins from old gas stations?

Attached picture DSC00797.JPG
Attached picture DSC00802.JPG
Attached picture DSC00801.JPG
Here are my buys of the week. The Coke machine I have owned for a while but has been in Arkansas getting the professional restoration done by our very own Joey VanMatre, (coke and stuff). Probably one of the best and cleanest restorations I have ever seen. He did an outstanding job and I would highly recomend him doing any soda machines you may have because he has been at it and really knows them. Pictured is me and Joey in the "mancave".

Next, is a Johnson ethyl globe I got from Mark Smith out of Fort Smith, Ar. Joey was kind enough to bring it when he brought me the Coke machine. If you notice the globe, it only says "ethyl corporation" and does not have the older logo. Also, this globe is original to the Capco body it came on. I spoke with Scott Benjamin about this globe and apparently is a new discovery with this variation. Scott told me that he and Wayne suspected this variation existed, but until now one had not been found. New one for the new globe CD coming out. Thanks again to Mark Smith.

I picked up a couple of smalls;

Quincy Oil gas gauge stick:

Wadhams, if lost please mail, token:

A 1933 Tydol road map and 1933 Tydol magazine ad:

Had a fairly good day at the sale today. Got some good buys I think and some great buys I know. I will save a few for Sunday though. I have always liked these Rapidayton pumps, as I know a lot of people don't.

Attached picture 005.JPG
Attached picture 001.JPG
Attached picture 012.JPG
I have a friend out in Sydney, Montana that has sold me a ton of stuff over the years and he called again last week! His comment was:
"I'm moving and I'm going to have a sale next month. If you want this pump you've been bugging me about, you'd better get here tomorrow or it goes on the auction with the rest of the stuff." Needless to say, I made a mad dash out there and picked up a Wayne 40A and begged a couple of cans out of him since I had driven so far! I don't have any pictures of the pump yet, but I'll take some as soon as I get it back together! Here are the pics of the 2 cans that he let me have! You just can't find any of these in my area, so I was really pleased that he let me have them, especially since they've been in his collection for 20+ years!
I have a bunch of pictures of his stuff and when he gets it all set up, I'll post the sale date and time along with some pictures!
PS--The grease can cleaned up pretty nice!

Attached picture Earl Clack-resized.jpg
Attached picture Earl Clack Grease-resized.jpg
I picked up these 2 original Ashland globes, super pepper globe, and this tokheim 300 duel sight glass pump.
The pepper globe I bought off a old man who said he bought a farm 40 years ago and found this globe in the loft of the barn.

Attached picture ashland ethyl globe resize.jpg
Attached picture ashland blue fyling octanes resize.jpg
Attached picture super pepper resize.jpg
Attached picture tokheim 300 resize.jpg
I finally found and won the last 2 cans I needed to complete this version of my Veedol display.

It does help that Alan is a NICE guy & a WEASEL watching for this stuff for you! LOL
WE decided to start collecting something that you don't Have, so WE don't have to feel bad when your bidding!
What, hey that's not fair.... Give me a hint as to what you guys are collecting next? .... LOL
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 28th - APRIL 3rd. - Wed Apr 06 2011 09:04 PM
LOOKING GREAT BOB! CHIP .......THAT HAS TO BE THE COOLEST GLOBE I HAVE EVER SEEN ,SUPER PEPPER? WHAT OIL CO IS THAT PIECE FROM?
What, hey that's not fair.... Give me a hint as to what you guys are collecting next?
Wooden Dip Sticks that WE can ADD Names & Logos to, to lighten your wallet BEFORE you find out! laugh laugh
we`re going to keep it a surprise BOB!!!!! LOL AL
Posted By: Pegasus Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 28th - APRIL 3rd. - Thu Apr 07 2011 03:24 AM
"Pepper" was an Ashland Oil gasoline brand.....they had Red, Green, Super, and Truck Pepper grades, & there may have been others.

Richard
Thanks Diesel, I met a guy today who had all the pepper globes except the green pepper. I love the pepper stuff.
Posted By: gmstuff Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 28th - APRIL 3rd. - Thu Apr 07 2011 05:52 PM
Here is a cool sign I picked up last week….

It’s from a local oil company that I seldom find anything from. It’s in great condition with NO touch up or restoration, just a good cleaning.

Attached picture Crescent1.jpg
Posted By: strnge Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 28th - APRIL 3rd. - Thu Apr 07 2011 06:51 PM
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=246123&page=1

Good looking sign!
Keith that is one SWEEEEET piece!!
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 28th - APRIL 3rd. - Fri Apr 08 2011 12:54 AM
KEITH THAT IS ONE NICE SIGN YOU HAVE THERE, HERES A ERIE I PICKED UP "FARM FRESH"

Attached picture _1.jpg
Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAR 28th - APRIL 3rd. - Fri Apr 08 2011 10:38 PM
I think I finally got my photos resized so these are my buys of last week

Attached picture 001.JPG
Attached picture 003 (2).JPG
Attached picture 001 (2).JPG
Attached picture 002 (2).JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk