Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: chadrock00 You've been picked!! - Fri Apr 29 2011 11:42 PM
Generally it is a pet-peeve of mine when things are not held until BOTW, and they display there daily findings. However, this has a good story, and I will post all of my stuff on Sunday...but this couldn't wait and you will see why.

I was out and about, looking...praying to find something good. Made a delivery to Peoria and found a goldmine in Galesburg, Illinois. Sorry Brad(gasoildude). Going back there tomorrow. Will post some of those pictures on Sunday. But an impromptu trip that was made to AP in LeClaire, Iowa turned up something interesting. There is only so much to look at there, because they are constanly selling and a lot of it has been there a while. So if your there to buy...can be 50/50. After an older gentleman walks in and out of the building a few times, back and forth to his truck...you get curious. Turns out, after hearing his story that he was there to sell a sign. A sign that had been covered in grease for the last 60 years and nailed to a bench or wall at one time. The person he was suppose to sell it to was over an hour late,(will give you two guesses) and this man was upset to say the least. So after all was said and done, and it may only be one item... this was a good "pick." I'm sure he was glad to get the heck out of there and I'm certain that I was glad to have the sign.

Attached picture 006.JPG
Posted By: 1970mach Re: You've been picked!! - Fri Apr 29 2011 11:46 PM
Nice one!!!!!!! and if it was cheap...very nice!!!!!
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: You've been picked!! - Fri Apr 29 2011 11:57 PM
DAYUM! That is a nice find! I should pray more when I'm searching too!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: You've been picked!! - Sat Apr 30 2011 12:02 AM
Some things need to be posted when found & can't wait till Sunday.
Pat yourself on the back for being in the right place @ the right time. GOOD FOR YOU.
I've been one or two steps away too many times for a GREAT DEAL.
Posted By: JOSBORN Re: You've been picked!! - Sat Apr 30 2011 12:17 AM
Great find there Chad! grin
Posted By: chadrock00 Re: You've been picked!! - Sat Apr 30 2011 12:33 AM
Thank you Dick...It was truely a right place at the right time deal and thought it was thread worthy on it's own. I have bought a few items out of parking lots at gas shows, but this particular parking lot made the story for me.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: You've been picked!! - Sat Apr 30 2011 01:04 AM
Kinda makes up for all the missed deals and day lates, doesn't it!!! Good for you and glad you posted it!! Nice Pick!!
Posted By: thermactor Re: You've been picked!! - Sat Apr 30 2011 01:32 AM
Great sign, Chad! That's a really lucky find. Let us all know what you've dug up in Galesburg.

Hey Brad - you might want to go check your barn! smile

Wes
Posted By: dodgeman60 Re: You've been picked!! - Sat Apr 30 2011 10:22 AM
I BET YOU WOULD LOOK LONG AND HARD TO FIND ANOTHER ONE LIKE THAT,NICE SIGN.
Posted By: oilmanpat Re: You've been picked!! - Sat Apr 30 2011 12:36 PM
I,ll bet the two in La Claire wish they would have been at the base instead of out pckin.
Posted By: DIESEL Re: You've been picked!! - Sat Apr 30 2011 02:13 PM
Nice score!
Posted By: barn_raider Re: You've been picked!! - Sat Apr 30 2011 11:08 PM
Now tell us the best part of the story....... what you paid!? Just kidding. Very nice score.
Posted By: chadrock00 Re: You've been picked!! - Sat Apr 30 2011 11:09 PM
I couldn't buy two new tires for what I paid for it. It was a bargin and above his asking price.
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: You've been picked!! - Sun May 01 2011 12:59 AM
Originally Posted By: chadrock00
I couldn't buy two new tires for what I paid for it. It was a bargin and above his asking price.

Depending what size tires LOL NICE FIND Great LOOKING sign!!
Posted By: thermactor Re: You've been picked!! - Sun May 01 2011 02:36 AM
Good point. Some tires cost $30,000 a piece. But, I guess most are around $120 smile

Wes
Posted By: gasoildude Re: You've been picked!! - Tue May 03 2011 08:51 PM
Sure is a good find there Chad. I thought Monmouth was your buying boundary line LOL laugh
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk