Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Brian Sobecki VINTAGE GAS STATION - Tue May 03 2011 01:11 PM
Not sure of the year. Anybody have any information on this style gas station? I found out about this station being for sale several years back. When I finally committed to buying it
it the price was lower to my surprise. I plan on restoring it in a couple years when I retire. I would like to make it a Sinclair station.

Posted By: hillsideshortleg Re: VINTAGE GAS STATION - Tue May 03 2011 02:37 PM
Neat station. How is it constructed. Can you post more pic's on close up details? Do you know anything about the history of it.
Thanks
Rick
Posted By: wwagonman Re: VINTAGE GAS STATION - Wed May 04 2011 01:10 AM
Looks great Brian, but don't make us wait a couple of years to see it coming back to life!

Lee
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: VINTAGE GAS STATION - Wed May 04 2011 01:30 AM
I found one semi restored local-Asking price was $50,000..Hope you paid less then that LOL Nice find and good luck with your project. I would love to own one.!
Posted By: Brian Sobecki Re: VINTAGE GAS STATION - Fri May 06 2011 12:21 AM
The frame is constructed from angle iron. The roof is quite a neat configuration. The end windows tip in. I imagine to get some air flow. All the frame is salvageable. I was planning on replacing the sheetmetal since it is very close to what you find on metal barns. I purchased it in PA. Other than that I dont know much about it. I also kept all the old weathered wood that helped to support the walls from shifting.
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: VINTAGE GAS STATION - Wed May 18 2011 12:25 AM
The one I was looking at was a colonial Beacon station. Looked Exactly the same.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk