Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: JamesD Gillette Tires Sign & Clock - Wed May 25 2011 08:39 PM
I found this 1940 sign yesterday and purchased the clock today! Talk about good karma! I saw one of these signs hanging on someones barn. I stopped to ask about it and he said it was not for sale. Then he stated "too bad I dont have another one laying around somewhere". I followed his gaze and saw a dirty rusty metal sign laying under the barn. smile Not perfect, but cleaned up pretty good. Especially considering that untill recently, they were used as part of a cattle feed trough! Purchased the 1959 pam clock today. Though they are from diffirent eras, I'd say they make a pretty good pair.

I would love to see your Gillette, Fisk, or other tire items you would like to show off!

Attached picture 100_2739.jpg
Posted By: advertologist Re: Gillette Tires Sign & Clock - Wed May 25 2011 08:55 PM
good match..
Posted By: 1970mach Re: Gillette Tires Sign & Clock - Wed May 25 2011 09:21 PM
I would love to have that sign! Nice find.
Posted By: JamesD Re: Gillette Tires Sign & Clock - Thu May 26 2011 12:50 AM
Is there much value to the sign? It is painted metal, about 6'.
Posted By: Loyd Pierce Re: Gillette Tires Sign & Clock - Sun May 29 2011 01:15 AM
There is one on ebay buy it now, under 300'00 if I remember correct. Just deleted off watch list or I could give you number. It was local pickup so it didn't make sense for me to drool over it.
Posted By: JamesD Re: Gillette Tires Sign & Clock - Mon Jun 06 2011 03:57 PM
Yea I saw the one on ebay too. It is actualy a newer one that matches the clock. Would have loved to have it, but not worth a cross country drive.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk