Oldgas.com Home

AFTER TEN YARDSALES YESTERDAY AND BUYING NOTHING I RANDOMLY CAME ACROSS AN "ANTIQUE YARD SALE" AND GOT THESE ITEMS RELATIVELY CHEAP AND WENT HOME HAPPY. laugh

THANKS!
Posted By: KentuckyT Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Mon May 30 2011 12:23 AM
eBay has been good to me this week.

8"x12" Diesel Chief Sign and 5" Texaco letters (all of them dated the same date).

Jamie

Posted By: minuteman Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Mon May 30 2011 12:40 AM
was can buying i guess...

Attached picture IMG_0474 (Medium).jpg
Attached picture IMG_0473 (Medium).jpg
Attached picture IMG_0498 (Medium).JPG
Posted By: minuteman Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Mon May 30 2011 12:42 AM
one last pic of a few goodies.

Attached picture IMG_0484 (Medium).jpg
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Mon May 30 2011 12:47 AM
Nice Stuff Jamie!!

Picked up this Eco 45- In the middle of the restoration Process- All stripped down and ready to sand blast:

Posted By: powerlube Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Mon May 30 2011 01:24 AM
Traded some common cans that my wife was asking me to get rid of for a while for this one. Two bad its a put back together can but its better then no can.

Attached picture can2.jpg
Attached picture can1.jpg
Posted By: Nucky Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Mon May 30 2011 07:15 AM
cool items guy

I found this antique BP wood sign from 1930-1940 last week in a flea market and also an esso can

My flea market finds from May 29th. I've wanted a Prestone therm for sometime. Although not perfect, the price on this one was right. Also glad to find the RPM mini bank to match one of my metal RPM cans.

Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Mon May 30 2011 05:10 PM
Got another sign for the sign room. Double sided painted steel.

Posted By: kookeytalker Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Mon May 30 2011 05:41 PM
would anyone be enticed to post the prices they paid, or a range? I see stuff like this all the time, but I never know what is a good price. I'm also headed to CTO which will be my first petro event ever and am hoping to bring some things to trade.

Thx.
I'll tell prices. The Prestone thermometer was $100. The BF Goodrich cardboard sign was $10. The wolfs head grease can was $5. The RPM mini oil can bank was $10.
Posted By: gmstuff Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Mon May 30 2011 09:59 PM
I picked this up this weekend, it is printed on linen and about 30"x40". It was NOS and had the original shipping tube, it came from a garage/ gas station/ hardware store that opened in the 20's.

The Starrett piece isn't exactly petro but loosely connected. It’s a cool early piece, its dated 1906. Looks like it was some kind of hanging display shelf?

Attached picture botw2.jpg
Attached picture botw1.jpg
Posted By: fast66 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Tue May 31 2011 04:49 AM
Hello Nucky,
Very nice BP sign - IMHO this logotype came to use in 1947 and went on to 1958 when the newer logo without the black shades on "BP" was introduced.
br
Claes
Posted By: Nucky Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Tue May 31 2011 09:16 AM
Originally Posted By: fast66
Hello Nucky,
Very nice BP sign - IMHO this logotype came to use in 1947 and went on to 1958 when the newer logo without the black shades on "BP" was introduced.
br
Claes

Thanks for the information, by the way the logo was designed by Raymond Loewy which was well know for his trains, buses and tons of other great stuff he designed. He also creates the logo Shell and Exxon

for the price, the sign was for sell at 75 € and I got it for 55 €, so in USD it cost me 80 bucks, and the esso can cost me 4 $
Really like the Starrett shelf. They make precision measuring tools (micrometers, calipers, etc) for the manufacturing industry. Same tools are commonly used by engine rebuilders and machinists too. I like it.
> > > POSTING FOR CHRIS (cggas).....

Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Wed Jun 01 2011 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL BATTERY SERVICE BOX WITH TESTER,,,,CANADIAN OUTBOARD CAN FOR 2 CYCLE ENGINES,,SELDEM SEEN,,,1920`S VEEDOL GREASE CAN THAT LOOKS LIKE A MISS PRINT FROM FACTORY,,MISSING BOTTOM PORTION OF LABEL,,,I HAVE ANOTHER ORIGINAL ONE TO COMPARE PRE 60`S OUTBOARD CAN

HARD TO FIND 1 GALLON CAN,,TXS ALAN
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Wed Jun 01 2011 08:41 PM
Heres some of my haul ,sorry for the crappy pictures i took with my phone,all the cans are still loaded on my trailer,ive been too beat to unload, the w80 i picked up from oldgasser Stan,i had a great time visiting & enjoyed seeing the collection & car's!And the Humble sign was off ebay !

Attached picture _1.jpg
Attached picture _2.jpg
Attached picture _3.jpg
Attached picture _4.jpg
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Wed Jun 01 2011 08:52 PM
Heres a real nice nos Goodyear dst with original hanging bracket!

Attached picture _1.jpg
Attached picture _2.jpg
Attached picture _3.jpg
Attached picture _2.jpg
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Wed Jun 01 2011 09:09 PM
Other signs i picked up.

Attached picture _1.jpg
Attached picture _2.jpg
Attached picture _3.jpg
Attached picture _4.jpg
Posted By: Nicole Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Wed Jun 01 2011 11:42 PM
Thanks to a fellow oldgasser, my one can collection has just added three smaller siblings... : )

Attached picture minioilcans.jpg
Posted By: chadrock00 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Wed Jun 01 2011 11:48 PM
Picked up a few of these Marquettes this past weekend, several smalls, and a couple things that I have sold already and didn't get a chance to take any pictures.

Attached picture 011.JPG
Posted By: LC 336 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Thu Jun 02 2011 01:21 AM
I agree that would help educate the non vetrans of this forum, what a great idea!!!! Any help would be appreciated.
Originally Posted By: kookeytalker
would anyone be enticed to post the prices they paid, or a range? I see stuff like this all the time, but I never know what is a good price. I'm also headed to CTO which will be my first petro event ever and am hoping to bring some things to trade.

Thx.
Posted By: chadrock00 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Thu Jun 02 2011 02:24 AM
What is paid for something and what something is worth are two different things. . . most of the time.
Posted By: lordparaffin Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Thu Jun 02 2011 10:21 AM
Many times things shown on here end up eventually in the "for sale" forum. Showing what you paid here, won't help your cause over there. If someone chooses to make known what they paid, that's fine, but personally I think that's a bit private.
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Thu Jun 02 2011 02:48 PM
I picked up two signs from the Boron, CA swap meet last Saturday.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: LC 336 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Thu Jun 02 2011 04:09 PM
Originally Posted By: lordparaffin
Many times things shown on here end up eventually in the "for sale" forum. Showing what you paid here, won't help your cause over there. If someone chooses to make known what they paid, that's fine, but personally I think that's a bit private.

I see your point for some people, speaking for myself if some one found a $50 sign that was worth $500 and I knew what they paid. Personally it would not change my mind in what a fair value is to pay, if I thought $500 was a fair value, I would be glad things worked out good for both of us. I don't feel entitled to his good find. "Just my thoughts" I understand if people don't want to say what they paid and approximately of what its worth, I just like to gain knowledge from the veterans of Old Gas.
Posted By: LC 336 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Thu Jun 02 2011 04:17 PM
I can not believe all the cool signs that you guys find. This is my favorite forum just to see something different every week.
Posted By: BIGTOM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Fri Jun 03 2011 04:19 PM
Chris, the Humble Restroom sign is freaking hilarious (and obviously cool) That baby would be posted right on my guest bathroom door.
Posted By: Nucky Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Fri Jun 03 2011 05:53 PM
I found this caltex map today, I really like the graphic, it shows by illsutration how everything was place in the gas station

Posted By: lordparaffin Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 23rd -29th. - Sat Jun 04 2011 12:01 AM
LC, didn't mean to sound like it was inappropriate. I can appreciate wanting to get a feel for values. It's something I always strive to learn where ever I can.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk