Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: H1HUMMER Working on some pumps ! - Sat Jun 04 2011 12:38 AM
Long day.....3 pumps dissasembled, sandblasted, body work done, all in primer/sealer & ready for paint....these things are a lot of flippin work ! crazy

Posted By: Scott Williams Re: Working on some pumps ! - Sat Jun 04 2011 01:18 AM
Congrats on a long day. Just did it myself last Sunday. (my back still hurts)!

Looking forward to photos of the finished product.
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Working on some pumps ! - Sat Jun 04 2011 01:57 AM
Man, that is alot of work in one day. I got 9 I blasted, the primered a few days later. Keep up the good work.
Posted By: H1HUMMER Re: Working on some pumps ! - Sat Jun 04 2011 12:13 PM
Thanks guys, back at it today for a little while....these are being done for a friend, mine sit outside so I've yet to do a restored pump for myself blush

This is really my first attempt at a restore, accumulated knowledge from this site & others prompted me to give it a shot.....unless you've actually done it you can't appreciate the work that's involved ! Don't know that I'd take on too many more.

My friend is looking at a Gilmore motif ? Guess I better get some decals to match colors (yellow & red) oh boy not really my favorite colors to shoot. Does anyone have pics of a restored Gilmore ?

Since my friend races cars it would seem logical to do (1) as "Gilmore Racing Fuel" ? I seem to remember seeing this decal but now can't find it.....can anyone help out ?
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Working on some pumps ! - Sat Jun 04 2011 02:13 PM
Now thats energetic to do that in one day. It all looks good, post some more pics on you progress.
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Working on some pumps ! - Sat Jun 04 2011 06:57 PM
If you do not want the yellow you can use a tan in place of it. I have seen it and liked it so that is how I did mine. I picked a tan that looks decent with the yellow on the globe. I think the creamy yellow on the globe is the correct yellow. A lot of people do their Gilmore yellow a bright yellow like on the Roar with Gilmore decal. The green restoration book says it is a creamy yellow. Not sure what is correct. I know mine is incorrect. I also reversed the colors (on both pumps pictured), but do have one photo with them my way. There is also the tapered two tone.

Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Working on some pumps ! - Sun Jun 05 2011 12:16 AM
Here's mine that Dave Folck aka Tallguy39 did a couple years ago;

I made the adv glass & he used Mike Slama decals & globe that I've had for quite a few years.
Posted By: H1HUMMER Re: Working on some pumps ! - Sun Jun 05 2011 02:07 AM
Wow ! thanks for the input guys ! the pics are really great & help a lot !

I'll keep you posted on the progress.....even though I complained and worked on them for 15 hours yesterday, the crazy thing is that I'm biting at the bit to get back at them ????
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk