Oldgas.com Home

Better than anything you've done this entire weekend.....it"s time for "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" smile smile smile laugh

Thanks!
Just 1 this week, BUT it's a GOOD One!
5 foot Champion Gasoline Porcelain sign...

Posted By: 1970mach Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Mon Jun 06 2011 12:00 AM
Picked all these items up at a local community garage sale this past weekend.

Attached picture DSC_0272.jpg
Attached picture DSC_0286.jpg
Attached picture DSC_0276.jpg
Brought home 4 bowser 310's a 410, and a wayne 861- all on their way to Michigan- Part of the deal sent me this Tokheim 34 showcase

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Picked up 3 schrader gauges that were in the trash pile at a garage sale-Two regular and one FISK:

And this Tydol Sign:
Posted By: junknjohn Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Mon Jun 06 2011 12:33 AM
Had a great week. I got this Eco tireflator at a auction and some hard to find Phillips 66 cans from e-bay

John

Attached picture Phillips 66 Can Lot.jpg
Attached picture Air Meter Eco Tireflator.jpg
Posted By: danlap99 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Mon Jun 06 2011 01:11 AM
my latest buys

Description: rare texaco fuel chief 1
Attached picture DSC_0135.JPG

Description: shell thermometer
Attached picture DSC_0138.JPG
Posted By: powerlube Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Mon Jun 06 2011 01:27 AM
Good stuff!
Posted By: Alex Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Mon Jun 06 2011 01:59 AM
Hey Danlap99......if you ever get tired of that Fuel Chief, send it to MT......WOW. You come up with the nicest stuff.
Posted By: Pegasus Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Mon Jun 06 2011 02:34 AM
The winterfront on the left is a recent add....."DDDD for Fords".....now you just gotta wonder why they picked that name for this ford-specific grade of oil? Guess that would be the subject for a different post........

Richard
Nice champion sign Tom, never saw one before. ;;;;;;;;;;Ron
DDDD = 4D = Ford
Awesome Champion Sign Tom! Nice and big and never seen one before! Great find!

Colin!.... Lovin' those N.Y. Route shields (I live on Route 25).

Great BUYS everybody....Keep them comin'! smile
Posted By: BIGTOM Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Mon Jun 06 2011 03:40 PM
Originally Posted By: 1970mach
Picked all these items up at a local community garage sale this past weekend.

LOVE that clock!!! So freaking cool!!!
Posted By: Pegasus Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Tue Jun 07 2011 03:13 AM
Damn Wes....very observant!! That's one I'd never have figured out on my own. My observation over the years has been that everything was done for a reason, even if the reason isn't obvious. Mobiloil "E" for Fords never sense to me....why not use "F", since it was available. Then this example...Wadhams "DDDD"...seemed even stranger. Assuming your correct, it's actually a very clever name!!! Learn something new every day. Thanks

Richard
Posted By: keithia Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Tue Jun 07 2011 01:29 PM
Here are my BOTW.

Attached picture IMG_6652.JPG
Attached picture IMG_6654.JPG
Attached picture IMG_6655.JPG
Attached picture IMG_6657.JPG
Posted By: 5 quart Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Tue Jun 07 2011 05:10 PM
New 5 quart- thanks don
hey keithia,,love your globes--tydol -tidex,,good job!!!!

mr 5-quart..that is a cool can you got!!! love the graphics..txs great buys from everyone....

PICKED UP THIS VEEDOL CRATE FROM A FELLOW OLD GASSER!!!
A SPECIAL TXS TO MARK( MR GULF) FOR HOOKING ME UP WITH THIS CRATE,,I APPRECIATE YOU THINKING OF ME AND GIVING ME THE CHANCE TO BUY IT!!! ALWAYS VEEDOL--WHAT ELSE!!!!
Posted By: sanford Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Wed Jun 08 2011 04:32 AM
Keithia, Love the Deep Rock Ethyl!
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Thu Jun 09 2011 03:11 PM
Humble sign i bought off ebay.

Attached picture _1.jpg
Posted By: frankpl Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Fri Jun 10 2011 03:51 AM
I got this associated A-38 price topper this week

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Fri Jun 10 2011 09:30 PM
WOO! HOO! I called on this pump last week and was finally able to pick it up today! When I asked the fellow about the pump, he said "yeah, we don't use it anymore, go ahead and take it. You can have it."
First free one that I've ever been offered and a fairly nice pump at that!

Attached picture Wayne_80_resized.jpg
Posted By: TILLER Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Sat Jun 11 2011 10:04 PM
picked these up from the gasstuff.com show

Attached picture 108_4095_Medium.JPG
Posted By: TILLER Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - MAY 30th - JUNE 5th. - Sat Jun 11 2011 10:08 PM
and these came from a private collection of an antiquer that passed away

i stopped a couple weeks ago in my travels .. and told him what i was interested in and he had someone coming to give him an idea of its worth

well the guy came and had cash (as did i the day i was there) and sold 10 of the things i wanted but i did end up with these 3 and im going back for a couple more next week

finally got a thermometer .. still want a prestone

Attached picture 108_4094_Medium.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk