Oldgas.com Home

SOME PETRO MIXED IN WITH YESTERDAY'S GARAGE SALE FINDS....

THANKS! wink
Posted By: bustermonty Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jun 27 2011 12:02 AM
My buys from Columbus. Cities sign with different image on each side.
Super cool Champion tin and the always popular Pan Am.

Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jun 27 2011 12:05 AM
Wow Nice Stuff Greg!!

Here are my buys of the week:

Picked up this NOS Dorman Display:

And these NOS mid 20's Gilmer Belts:

And these NOS Carb Springs with original box

Posted By: gmstuff Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jun 27 2011 12:11 AM
Here are a few of my buys from Columbus. Found some really cool items and got to see some good friends, great weekend!!

Attached picture a2.jpg
Attached picture a1.jpg
Attached picture a3.jpg
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jun 27 2011 12:20 AM
I got this cool little Cities Service brass tag from Ebay and the top No Smoking sign came from another Old Gasser. The top sign completed this set of 3 Standard Oil signs.

Attached picture Brass Tag resized.jpg
Attached picture No Smoking resized.jpg
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jun 27 2011 01:24 AM
I got a couple more things for the collection. I got the Sinclair HC one piece etched globe from the Hops. Used from about 1926 to 1935;

I also got this 30 inch double sided porcelain sign at Columbus from Butch. Probably from the early 1920's;

Posted By: oilman514 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jun 27 2011 01:26 AM
Invader qt.

Attached picture Invader qt.jpg
Posted By: signgod2112 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jun 27 2011 01:36 AM
I PICKED THIS PORCELAIN SIGN MAKERS PLATE OFF EBAY. A FRIEND OF MINE SAID IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ATTACHED TO A BIG PORCELAIN NEON SIGN. ANYBODY HAVE MORE INFO ON THIS TYPE OF SIGN. IT MEASURES 8"L X 2"T IN THE MIDDLE. I'M AWARE OF WHO "McAX" IS.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: s932 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jun 27 2011 01:46 AM
Well its been a long time since I posted in the botw since i havent really bought anything since January. But since I was able to sale some stuff here on the site and at the cto show i was bale to bring some nice things home. I was even going to bring home a little extra cash but Lonnie and Aaron told I hadnt bought from them in a long time so i came home with no money but some neat stuff at least.

Hiotane Globe

Super A globe This globe my wife had achance to buy it an auction two years ago 15 minutes from my house and she pased on it beacuse the back lens was cracked she bought the other two. So imagine my surprise when I show up at CTO and I round the corner and there sets this globe I now have 8 versions of this globe.

Super A cans showed up at CTO as well crazy weekend

Purol Pep on glass single lens but hard to find on glass needless to say im on lock down again for awhile
Posted By: danlap99 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jun 27 2011 01:51 AM
two early ethyl signs

Description: two early ethyl signs- heavy porcelain
Attached picture IMG_0242.JPG
Posted By: Johnnyleduc Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jun 27 2011 02:38 AM
I picked this up this morning. The guy does lawn work and landscaping. A lady told him to take an old shed in the back down. This was the floor of the shed. The reason he picked it up is because he watches the Pickers on TV and realized that a porcelain sign is worth cash. Other wise he would have tossed the sign. Score one for the pickers.

Attached picture DSC01786 (2).JPG

Description: Polished and ready to go a pump
Attached picture DSC01787 (2).JPG
Posted By: Nucky Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jun 27 2011 08:47 AM
I got a five gallons pennzoil cans yesterday and some signs

Bought this 1938 double sided 6' Texaco banjo sign yesterday. Unfortunately, one side was painted over the porcelain (shown). The unpainted side is nice with a couple golf ball sized rust spots and no holes, slightly faded. I'm hoping the painted side is similar under the paint. Anyways, price was fair I guess for what it is. Temporarily screwed to the backwall of the garage while deciding whether to strip it or just leave it alone. This is my first pre-WW2 sign, so glad to own it.

Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jun 27 2011 03:32 PM
I got to sneak out & go junkin for a couple of hours & fetched this junk not 15 min's up the road from my place ,i have more to pick up this afternoon & the best is yet to come,believe it or not ,most of this was buried "both tops & sh sign & porcelain letters were anyways,there were about 10 s.w 612 doors with humble pump plates pulled from this place as well ,the guys grandfather worked for a humble jobber that had 6 stations in my area & evidently was responsible for removing pumps & junk back in the day,he said that he did not throw anything away & it was obvious,they had been clearing ceder & started uncovering all this stuff,he also showed me a gill body "TAILOR MADE GASOLINE GLOBE" in great condition ,he inherited the globe after his grandfather passed, so i did not bug him about the globe,or make an offer assuming that he was going to keep it,well i got a call about 20 mins ago & he asked if i was interested in the globe & wondered why i did not make an offer....lol ....im gonna make one tonight "for-sure" anyways ......had a blast nothing "spectacular" but definitely interesting!

Greg.......killer stuff like always!

Attached picture _1.jpg
Attached picture _1.jpg
Attached picture _2.jpg
1957 Tokheim Lubar Oil can cabinet opens up on all 4 sides.

Joey
Posted By: chadrock00 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Tue Jun 28 2011 02:35 AM
Got some signs this past week.

Attached picture 001.JPG
Attached picture 002.JPG
Attached picture 001.JPG
Attached picture 003.JPG
I bought this a while back, but picked it up last week.

Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Tue Jun 28 2011 02:39 AM
Tipped it into a pickup is more likely Lance! 3-4 guys your Size couldn't pick it up. LOL
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Tue Jun 28 2011 03:05 PM
wow!!! killer signs GREG!!! GMSTUFF---LOVE THOSE CANS!!,,,GREAT STUFF FROM EVERYONE,,TXS ALAN
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Tue Jun 28 2011 04:40 PM
HERES A HUMBLE NEON CAN THAT WAS DUG UP ,I PICKED THIS UP LAST NIGHT ,& THIS IS THE CONDITION OF MOST OF THE SW DOORS THAT WERE DUG UP......LOL...OH AND THIS HORSELESS CARRIAGE CLUB RAG OR FLAG??? W/ MOBIL ADVERTISING !

Attached picture _1.jpg
Attached picture _2.jpg
Attached picture _3.jpg
Attached picture _5.jpg
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Tue Jun 28 2011 06:03 PM
SPUR SIGN THAT CAME OF EBAY

Attached picture _1.jpg
Posted By: KentuckyT Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Tue Jun 28 2011 10:43 PM
I picked up the Havoline tag and the building stripe from eBay this week.

Jamie

Posted By: K W FRITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Wed Jun 29 2011 02:15 AM
I now have 2 of these very rare 15 inch Cities Service clovers! A guy that I've done some business with, called me up and asked if I was interested and the price was right, so on the wall it went! My other one is NOS but this one shows character! Probably spent its life on a truck door while the deliverys were made!

Attached picture Clover--resized.jpg
Picked up my latest "curbside lady" while on the road last week. this is a copy of the original one i found last year. did her in Mobil oil...and did a shout out to "Marilyn" with her dress blowing up in the back! ha. love it. her arm waives (she has a pump inside her)and she has a light socket in her hand to get the attention of people driving by. She is 100% hand painted...takes my artist 2 weeks to paint her. check her out...

and then here's the packard sign...killer condition!

chuck
Posted By: Pegasus Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Wed Jun 29 2011 02:50 AM
Thanks Chuck....for turning the other cheek, so to speak!!
Nice sign!!

Richard
Posted By: Johnnyleduc Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Wed Jun 29 2011 03:02 AM
Chuck that is impressive, that lady would get lots of attention.

If you ever get a chance could you send up some pictures of your Marvelube rack? I am putting one together one side at a time and would like some pictures of the actual rack the signs go on.

Thanks
Chuck That is too Cool!!!!!
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Thu Jun 30 2011 05:39 PM
a narrow minded Wayne 60 that came together nicely , Lance that's one fine piece you have there "congratz" on the find!

Chuck ........WOW... THAT'S KILLER & THE BASE CAME OUT FLAWLESS I AM BLOW AWAY WITH THE RESULTS......LOOKS GREAT!

Attached picture _1.jpg
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Fri Jul 01 2011 03:01 PM
Here's the the globe i finally picked up.

Attached picture _1.jpg
Here are my Buys of the week

TONY
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Sun Jul 03 2011 04:02 AM
I got this on a buy it now on ebay about an hour ago. It was a very good deal. My wife said hurry and hit the buy it now before someone else does. I am trying to set up a time to pick it up tomorrow.

Posted By: dundign Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Sun Jul 03 2011 12:56 PM
NICE SCORE MATT !!!! THAT WOULD LOOK GOOD IN MY GARARGE --HA HA
Posted By: powerlube Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Sun Jul 03 2011 01:12 PM
Way to go Matt. You stole that pump!!!
Posted By: Don Beaver Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Sun Jul 03 2011 03:46 PM
Matt, that was a legal robbery!!!
Posted By: cggas Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jul 04 2011 01:58 AM
yep u stole it...congratulations. these r the finds that keep you goin. chris
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jul 04 2011 02:30 AM
Thanks guys, I was not able to get it today. I will pick it up next Saturday. It will be a four hour round trip to pick it up. It is in a town I pass through on the way to Fred`s gas bash.
Posted By: 1970mach Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JUNE 20th - 26th. - Mon Jul 04 2011 09:00 AM
you can take your mask off when you pick it up.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk