Oldgas.com Home

THANKS!
my botw..

Attached picture assowcan.jpg
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Mon Aug 01 2011 01:07 AM
Not a whole lot this week just this 6"x8" porcelain Texaco dealer bathroom sign. I found it in a old Texaco station on route 66 in grants along with the round men & women's keys.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Mon Aug 01 2011 01:10 AM

Posted By: DWSheffer Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Mon Aug 01 2011 01:30 AM
Hello All,
I FINALLY got one of those good "buy it now" deals on Ebay! I was pretty excited to find this listed as a "REPRO" Mobilgas Special globe at a cheap BIN price. When I saw the thumbnail pic I didn't see the licensed by Mobil Corp lettering on the bottom of the lenses, so I clicked on the listing. I had a good feeling the globe was genuine, but my hopes were cemented when I saw the last 2 pics of the listing were of the original shipping box! The seller said he was not including the box in the auction since it was "dirty" and it would be discarded, but I emailed him and said I would pay extra to have it shipped. He agreed to ship it at no extra charge. I was happy to get a good deal for once! smile

The group shot were all freebies from the last couple months. My favorite is the GULF can. I've always liked the design with the cows along the bottom. My brother found it in a shed at a farm he was at. It's amazing to me some items are in good shape when found, other items out for the same amount of time are trashed.
Take care out there,
Darin

Posted By: Nicole Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Mon Aug 01 2011 01:45 AM
DW,

The globe box is cool and I had a Q about the gulf livestock spray. I used a powder on cattle myself years ago to keep the deer fly from driving them nuts, especially around their heads. I don't know for sure, but I think it was a pyrethren when I did it, but I was wonderin' what was used (active ingredient) back then and what year was 'back then'?

Hi-Octane...I don't know why but that bathroom sign makes me think of the electric chair somehow... smile shocked smile
Posted By: HI-OCTANE Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Mon Aug 01 2011 01:51 AM
Hi-Octane...I don't know why but that bathroom sign makes me think of the electric chair somehow... smile shocked smile

I guess it was kind of a shocking experience to go bathroom in the 1940s in one of those old bathrooms with all that clean & green white tile eek
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Mon Aug 01 2011 02:17 AM
Nicole,
The ingredients are Pyrethrins .07%, Technical Piperonyl Butoxide .19%, and Petroleum Distillate 99.74%. There was half a gallon of the contents left when I got it, and it was as thick as motor oil and looked just like it! I couldn't imagine spraying it on animals, but it must have worked OK!
I'm not sure on the date of the can, but if I would have to guess it's from around 1950.
Darin
Posted By: Nicole Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Mon Aug 01 2011 02:30 AM
DW - Probably the same as was used in the 80's though now I am remembering ear tags with insecticide for the faces. I thought it was a powder we 'sprayed' on their backs with one of those puffer things, but my memory is not so reliable. Dang I'm gettin' old!

Hi-Octane - I'm guessing the rest of the bathroom was just as clean back them too! Maybe the switch was to zap the worker that failed to keep it that way! smile
Posted By: Hy-Flash 72 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Mon Aug 01 2011 10:11 AM
Nice buys and finds Darin!!!

Randy
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Mon Aug 01 2011 06:08 PM
Here's some stuff i picked up this weekend ,the Ford clock is great "all original/un-molested " ,Mobil gas globe is nice as well,i also picked up some other junk this weekend that's ok ,1 of the oil bottles READS: re-refined from used motor oils",I had never seen one with that advertised on bottle,also scored a straight ms80 & a Wayne 70 this weekend at the swap.

I was mins late on a dsp Chevy authorized dealer sign that was 8+ all day long ,sign sold for $100.bucks!guy pulls it out of his trailer as he was un-loading for the show ,and a good friend of mine happened to be at the right place at the right time,$100.00 DOLLARS eek cry it ruined my day ,i was literately sick sick for 1/2 a day about that sign,i think i will end up getting sign eventually on a trade,i offered 1k on the spot & got turned down in a hurry !

Attached picture _1.jpg
Attached picture _2.jpg
Attached picture _3.jpg
Attached picture _4.jpg
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Mon Aug 01 2011 06:20 PM
ms80

Attached picture _3.jpg
Attached picture _1.jpg
the Ford clock is awesome..
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Mon Aug 01 2011 08:01 PM
Originally Posted By: advertologist
the Ford clock is awesome..
i was thinking the same thing!!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Mon Aug 01 2011 08:22 PM
Chris--My god, your storage shed must be about as full as you can get it!! Are these some more Mexico items, or did you hit it big locally?? Man, that Ford clock is super cool! I don't think you could get one to turn out that nice if you tried!! Super nice find!!
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Mon Aug 01 2011 09:54 PM
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
Chris--My god, your storage shed must be about as full as you can get it!! Are these some more Mexico items, or did you hit it big locally?? Man, that Ford clock is super cool! I don't think you could get one to turn out that nice if you tried!! Super nice find!!
This was just a local swap meet ,thanks for the comments on clock fella's, she is a real beauty !
Posted By: 1970mach Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Mon Aug 01 2011 10:22 PM
Been very dry for me..but went to a friends cottage this past long weekend. Before getting there I stopped at a garage sale. Picked up these two lighters.

Attached picture DSC_0105.jpg
Attached picture DSC_0106.jpg
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - JULY 25th - 31st. - Tue Aug 02 2011 04:16 AM
Nice ford Clock. I won't it lol
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk