Oldgas.com Home

I PICKED UP A FEW THINGS, BUT NOTHING WORTHY OF A PICTURE, SO IT'S ALL UP TO THE REST OF YOU......

THANKS! smile
Posted By: advertologist Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Sun Aug 07 2011 11:22 PM
my botw

Attached picture purgps&p.jpg
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Sun Aug 07 2011 11:24 PM
My buy of the week:

Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Sun Aug 07 2011 11:36 PM
Had a great time at Iowa Gas. Brought a lot of stuff home for the collection.
First up is a Sinclair Gasoline Ethyl globe, probably the newest of the Ethyl globes that Sinclair used;

Also got a Kerosene lens, tough one to find. I need to find a back lens for it

Also got a few signs. 30 inch Opaline. Has a bunch of touch up and buggers on it but another hard one to find;

Got an upgrade for my vertical Opaline, thanks Kevin;

Also got a Washing sign to go with my Lubrication sign. I was told there is another sign that goes with this set, same size and design;

An old Opaline flange sign. Not the greatest shape but another hard one to find;

And a NOSSITB (New old stock, still in the box)rest room sign

Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Sun Aug 07 2011 11:41 PM
Couple more things;

An oil can rack sign. There is also a pump topper sign, same design but bigger. Watch out for repos from the AAA sign company;

Stock spray can, 5 gallons, thanks Scott;

Anti freeze and 5 quart Extra Duty can;

Set of Dino letters, not old, probably from one of the stations still in buisness today;

Another NOSSITB item, a company award

Also got my one item from the other week framed and lit up and hanging on the wall. Got a picture frame from the local thrift shop, made some modifications, added a light tube and hung it up;

Posted By: Stu K. Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Sun Aug 07 2011 11:42 PM
Nice restroom sign. Didn't see it. Was looking for something like that. Good find.
Posted By: signdog Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Sun Aug 07 2011 11:56 PM
Great Sinclair Stuff! Nice meeting you wednesday. D
Posted By: Stu K. Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Sun Aug 07 2011 11:58 PM
Picked these up at the show. Shell is for a friend. Yeah, I bought the Fina.

Attached picture 002.JPG
Attached picture 003.JPG

Description: Oh, and this one......
Attached picture 001.JPG
Posted By: bustermonty Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Sun Aug 07 2011 11:59 PM
Went against my no foreign signs rule and picked this up in Iowa. This sign is cool anywhere in the world lol.

Posted By: JamesD Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Mon Aug 08 2011 12:14 AM
Got a great STP double sided sign, early 5qt Humble Can, Monkey Grip Can, and the Indian & Mobilgas signs. Also found a lot of great non-gas/oil items.

Attached picture 100_3232.jpg
Attached picture 100_3241.jpg
Attached picture 100_3236.jpg
Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Mon Aug 08 2011 12:15 AM
My Iowa Gas Buys...

Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Mon Aug 08 2011 12:23 AM
got a nice 13 1/4 gill from lonnie for my imperial lenses

a 40a parts pump,light tree for my 40a, 1 glass,some nice blue shades i been waiting to get for awhile,and a few other parts

and a nervous ride home with a bunch of glass,few horses too!

quaker state needs a little work,its just like my other one.face is kinda boogered,might be a resto candidate

the shell is marias new spinner ,she also got a new sign in the laundry room.the fishtail to the left

nothing really earth shattering,but i'm happy with em!!
Posted By: signgod2112 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Mon Aug 08 2011 01:11 AM
BOUGHT THESE AT A LOCAL GARAGE SALE SATURDAY.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Mon Aug 08 2011 02:37 AM
I went to a swap meet today with a small amount of money. There was a lot of petro for a automotive swap meet. Would have liked to come home with a pump (there was at least 25)but not enough money. I did get this nice Gilmore pricer and a Bennett door. There was two doors but could only afford one.

Posted By: DasFast1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Mon Aug 08 2011 02:43 AM
Here are my Iowa Gas buys. Common yes. But new to me.

Posted By: LOWright Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Mon Aug 08 2011 11:15 AM
Mick, Are you trying to corner the market on Quaker State clocks? LOL Nice stuff for everyone!
GREAT BUYS GUYS AND IOWA BUYS AS WELL.

WES, YOU SURELY SWEETENED UP YOUR SINCLAIR INVENTORY...COLOR ME PROUD! smile
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Mon Aug 08 2011 12:44 PM
Got this sign from Iowa, even though I didn't attend! Special thanks goes out to thechandlers, howietrout, and oldgas site for making it happen

Found this interesting buy on Ebay this weekend - Indian Refining Co 5 gallon 1920's gas can. Paid almost double than I was expecting to, but I'm restoring a pump for my Dad who wants it done in the Indian Refining Co brand and I thought this would make a great addition to the pump.

Attached picture IndianCan1.jpg
Attached picture IndianCan2.jpg
Attached picture IndianCan3.jpg
Posted By: moore798 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Mon Aug 08 2011 08:31 PM
My Iowa Gas Buys Already Hung

Attached picture botw 001.JPG
Attached picture botw 004.JPG
Posted By: Tankar Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Mon Aug 08 2011 11:18 PM
Found the bottle about 2 weeks ago or so and today found the 1 lb grease I have never found any richfield around my area in 25 years and in 1 month 2 items.

Attached picture richfield.JPG
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Mon Aug 08 2011 11:28 PM
I like the Cities Service hanging up there! One of these days, if I ever find the right pole, I'll put one up too!
Posted By: moore798 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Tue Aug 09 2011 01:50 AM
Yeah KW,hanging those 2 by myself was a pretty good chore and high wire trick,also being 110 degrees,but was pleased with the outcome myself.They look pretty good with the Phillips 66 and old yellow/red D-X across the drive way.Thanks!
Posted By: racecop Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Tue Aug 09 2011 03:02 AM
Moore798 Nice Sinclair sign. I think that is the sign I brought to the show. I sold it on Tuesday to a gentleman from Nebraska. Glad to see it went to a good home. Love it displayed!
Posted By: racecop Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Tue Aug 09 2011 03:06 AM
Here are my Iowa Gas buys. Nothing too rare but good additions to the collection.

Attached picture IMG_3067-s.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3071-s.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3072-s.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3070-s.jpg
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Tue Aug 09 2011 03:11 AM
Picked up a Roller Nozzle, 3 complete Visi's & a curved round Texaco sign.
Picked up the 2 pumps I had bought prior to IG.
Posted By: Pegasus Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Tue Aug 09 2011 11:58 AM
Picked up these two globes recently.....one from Iowa and one from eBay

Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Tue Aug 09 2011 04:19 PM
HUMBLE DEALER SIGN I PICKED UP ,AND SOME OF THE CYLINDERS FROM A LARGE LOT I PURCHASED AWHILE BACK.AND A LITTLE HUMBLE SMALL I PICKED UP FOR THE SHOWCASE!

GREAT STUFF FELLA'S

Pegasus .........KILLER MOBIL/STANDARD KEROSINE GLOBE ...WOW...

AND THE HUMBLE OIL DROP ......GREAT SCORE & THANKS FOR SHARING!

Attached picture _1.jpg
Attached picture _3.jpg
Attached picture _4.jpg
Posted By: cLoCkWoRk Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Wed Aug 10 2011 07:34 PM
Dad's out of the hospital and recovered! Baby Sitting duties are over!! Got my finger stitched back on and its slowly heeling ....so I Finally got out to the swap meet.....Noting special just needed to buy something to fill the fix lol

Posted By: cLoCkWoRk Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Wed Aug 10 2011 07:35 PM
Ohhh Ya.. Great Finds guy's, some awesome scores!!!
Posted By: wfort39663 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Thu Aug 11 2011 05:57 PM
A trade from Iowa Gas.

Posted By: s932 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Thu Aug 11 2011 06:45 PM
Very nice bill as always
Posted By: LOWright Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Fri Aug 12 2011 12:07 AM
Pick up this Fry today! It had a super slick restore done about 10 or 12 years ago with a lot of chrome and polished brass but has been out side since finished. Needs a little work!

Attached picture fry gulf.jpg
Posted By: henlovestoys Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Fri Aug 12 2011 01:20 AM
Got these MINATURE pumps from Don Sherwood. These pumps were built from scratch by Master craftsman Bill LaRosa of Los Angeles in mid 90's. They go well with my steel trucks.
Very few were made. The pin-striping is something else.
Pumps originally got a ride with Don from CA to OREGON & returned back to CA again! They got to see part of AMERICA! laugh

BIG THANKS to DON for helping me out!
Posted By: cLoCkWoRk Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Fri Aug 12 2011 03:29 PM
Thoose Mini Pumps Are something else !! Amazing detail.... I want one lol
Posted By: marxmobilgas Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Fri Aug 12 2011 03:42 PM
henlovestoys

Is it the same guy that built the hand made steel trucks that made these pumps?

If so we need some pictures of his work in progress. Somebody needs to learn what he does...
Posted By: henlovestoys Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Fri Aug 12 2011 04:05 PM
No, not the same person. Bill LaRosa made these pumps from scratch. HE also did great FANTASY steel trucks from existing toy truck cabs. Bill stopped doing work on steel trucks in 1998.

The other craftsman that did the SUNBEAM BREAD, forms everything from sheet of steel. He does not like to show his work as he is not computer savvy or has access to a camera. Believe me, I would also like to see his work as well. He tells me, he forms everything by hand! That is all I can picture.
Posted By: grabber Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" -AUGUST 1st - 7th. - Fri Aug 12 2011 06:28 PM
Loving the heart of dixie globe! Way cool!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk