Oldgas.com Home

SOME LIGHT PURCHASES @ CARLISLE...

HOPE THE REST OF YOU DID ALOT BETTER THAN ME. LOL!

THANKS!
Posted By: THERMOMAN Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEPT 26th - OCT 2nd. - Sun Oct 02 2011 11:21 PM
Caught up with doc before Carlisle, and he was gracious enough to sell me this truly giant 8 ft porcelain coke sign. Thanks buddy, I'll see you at mason Dixon

PICKED UP A REAL NICE 1961 DOUBLE SIDED PENNZOIL SIGN, IM HAPPY TO HAVE IT!

Attached picture php9vHegvPM.jpg
Posted By: frankpl Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEPT 26th - OCT 2nd. - Mon Oct 03 2011 12:19 AM
Here are a few things I picked up today

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Bought this four ad glass tall 39 at a estate sale today.

Posted By: JW32 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEPT 26th - OCT 2nd. - Mon Oct 03 2011 12:08 PM
Bought these 2 globes over the weekend.

Attached picture fi8.jpg
Posted By: KentuckyT Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEPT 26th - OCT 2nd. - Mon Oct 03 2011 01:06 PM
I was really excited to get this Texaco lubrication chart since I already had the Havoline version. Both are made out of heavy cardboard and have lubrication recommendations for passenger cars on one side and trucks/taxicabs on the other side. The Havoline one is date 1934 and the Texaco 1933.

Posted By: Mickm Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEPT 26th - OCT 2nd. - Mon Oct 03 2011 05:43 PM
I have looking for a Eco tire meter for some time.
I was fortunate and just purchased this Eco Tireflater this weekend.
It has been sitting in the gentleman's house, from whom I purchased it for 15 years.

Now, do I take it apart or just enjoy it as is?
Cheers!
Mickm
Posted By: Alex Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEPT 26th - OCT 2nd. - Mon Oct 03 2011 05:54 PM
Leave it alone...Just my opinion.
Posted By: Tankar Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEPT 26th - OCT 2nd. - Mon Oct 03 2011 06:20 PM
Leave it, just turn the base around the right way.
Posted By: Mickm Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEPT 26th - OCT 2nd. - Mon Oct 03 2011 06:41 PM
Thanks guys, I agree.
This until has the original chrome, glass, handle, etc. The numbers roll nicely and it lights up. The chrome isn't perfect but it is just bad enough to let you know it's original.
I did notice the base was backwards and I will rotate that, otherwise i'll just enjoy it.
Thanks guys,
Mickm
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEPT 26th - OCT 2nd. - Wed Oct 05 2011 12:57 AM
I had a great week and this is one of the better signs that I was able to buy! Looks like it has never been hung from looking at the back! I've been wanting one for some time and was really happy to stumble across this one in an antique store! Reasonably priced too! I got lucky, I guess!

Attached picture Koolmotor  Oil Resized.jpg
Picked up this Firestone Sign off a showcase pump that needed a good clean up:

Before:

After:
very cool sign KEVIN!!! LOVE THE GRAPHICS...AL
Posted By: Big Oil Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEPT 26th - OCT 2nd. - Wed Oct 05 2011 10:07 PM
Cities Service items I picked up.

Attached picture IMG_20111005_172824.jpg
Posted By: TILLER Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEPT 26th - OCT 2nd. - Thu Oct 06 2011 04:57 PM
picked up this Trico Cart ive been waiting to get too in a guys garage .. no old stock in but it should clean up nice.
Amazingly enough theres another 1 in town that i was waiting on as well .. but the owner is never around.

Happened upon a store with some stuff in the window in town thats NEVER open .. come to find out its a lady "house" for her "hobby"

took me thru a few buildings looking for oil cans but none found ... on my way out i saw a couple maps ... 3 turned into 41 some never opened and a saweet mailer .. walked out 15 bucks lighter in my pocket as she said "happy to help your hobby"

Attached picture 108_4133_Medium.JPG
Attached picture 108_4137_Medium.JPG
Attached picture 108_4136_Medium.JPG
Attached picture 108_4139_Medium.JPG
Posted By: KentuckyT Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEPT 26th - OCT 2nd. - Thu Oct 06 2011 11:15 PM
Great sign Keith, it really cleaned up nicely!
Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - SEPT 26th - OCT 2nd. - Sun Oct 09 2011 07:55 PM
Just picked this up, I am going to put it under the value topic also. Needs a good cleaning and some straigtening

Attached picture 001.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk