Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 10:08 AM

SORRY ABOUT THE DELAY....I have been on a roadtrip visiting family since friday morning. Just got back in late last night. Wasn't thinking of getting someone to fill in and start the thread....been kinda busy. smile

THANKS!
Posted By: Nucky Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 11:25 AM
my buys of the week, a caltex glass bottle (still has the capsule) and a cardboard display for cigarettes laurens

Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 11:30 AM
small haul but a few good leads this week. The Big can is clearly Sinclair, too bad it is so faded

Attached picture 007.JPG
Posted By: Mr.Wadhams Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 12:26 PM
Here is a dream find for a Wadhams collector! These two signs were found above a ceiling during a remodel job on a Northern Wisconsin 100 year old bulk oil-gas station building. The owners were cleaning junk out of the building during demolition and found these signs tacked together face to face, and at first thought it was old crate sides and luckily investigated futher. Took a while...but I got them bought!

These were some of the first signs put out for the phasing out of Wadhams signage after the Vacuum oil company (Socony Vacuum) acquisition of Wadhams in 1930. They are painted tin and black crushed glass finish in mint condition after nearly 75 or 80 years of very dry storage.

Jim

Attached picture wadhamsmobil1.jpg
Attached picture wadhamsmobil3.jpg
Attached picture wadhamsmobil7.jpg
Attached picture wadhamsmobil5.jpg
Posted By: Hud Oil Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 12:57 PM
Nice find,Jim on the Wadhams signs, Killer
Wendell
Posted By: minuteman Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 01:06 PM
those are 2 beauties, don't get any better than nos...
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 01:12 PM

10lb grease can..paint can version....couple 2liter and 2.5 liter european racing oil cans.. txs alan
JIM....That pic post and story put an ear to ear smile on my face! laugh

THAT'S GOT TO BE BUY OF THE YEAR FOR YOU! Lol!
Posted By: DIESEL Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 03:15 PM
Jim that is so neat,i am really glad you own those,thanks for sharing the story!
Posted By: mjw Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 03:42 PM
Those are cool! What a great find!

Michelle
Posted By: Wes Maxwell Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 07:14 PM
Bought this old kerosene pump a couple weeks ago. Looks to be a Bennett pedestal kerosene pump model 1000 made from 1927 to 1960, as per Jacks new book, page 51. Even came with a polished brass Sinclair lock and key

Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 08:58 PM
My BOTW:

Posted By: Tankar Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 09:32 PM
Picked up this stuff saturday, wish the marland and pure were better shape,

Attached picture fisk.JPG
Attached picture fisk2.JPG
Attached picture pure.JPG
Attached picture marland.JPG
Posted By: Tankar Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 09:34 PM
also this sinclair base and ring, sand blasted it sat. and primed it. anyone have the sign for this red or green version,

Attached picture base.JPG
Posted By: 1970mach Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 09:36 PM
Jim..Nice find on the Wadham's signs. What size are they? They look like 8'?
Posted By: gmstuff Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 10:25 PM
Here are a few of our buys from Hershey last week. It was another great year at Hershey for us, we found some good stuff and got to spend the week with some great friends.

The hand painted Garage sign and the Cab Stand are probably my two favorites. The Garage sign came out of a garage in Allentown PA that opened in the teens. The cab stand is cast aluminum and stands about 50” tall.

Attached picture hershey3.jpg
Attached picture hershey5.jpg
Attached picture hershey4.jpg
Attached picture hershey1.jpg
Attached picture hershey6.jpg
Posted By: Mr.Wadhams Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 10:39 PM
RE: Wadhams Signs

Thanks for the comments everybody. They are 18" tall and 7' long.

Another cool thing is they found me through my Oldgas roster posting. The people that found them was searching Wadhams on the net and I came up in the search. This was about two weeks after I got my contact info updated after it was wrong for a long time. I guess they were ment to be mine!

Wow Gmstuff ...that is some super purchases.

Jim

Attached picture wadhamsmobil2.jpg
Posted By: Petroholic Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Tue Oct 11 2011 11:44 PM
Those Wadams signs are awesome!!Nice score,nice to know that stuff is still out there.
Joe
Posted By: eric grinder Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Wed Oct 12 2011 01:25 AM
I don't think it's all that old but I've never seen one. Very cool looking mirror sign with blue plastic frame backing. Bought it from a gentlemen who used to own a tire repair center. Hung inside his office for almost 20 years he told me. He didn't remember but thought it was a Kelly Tire promotional item for their stores?? Love this classic Kelley graphic. Probably the only sign I'll ever be able to afford with it on it...lol.

Description: k1
Attached picture kelly.jpg
Posted By: eric grinder Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Wed Oct 12 2011 01:27 AM
By the way...If anyone does have any info on this please shoot me a PM. Thanks
Posted By: Andy Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Wed Oct 12 2011 02:20 AM
Here are some of my favorite purchases from Hershey. It was a great week with friends and family (plus the weather was perfect). As always, the worst part is leaving.

My favorite is the early Packard can and the specific designation of the Packard Motor Car Co of Boston (even though the Packard family was from Warren OH and they were primarily produced in Detroit). From the breif research I have completed: this can is from somewhere between 1910-1913 (please let me know if different). It is also full with a metal seal below the screw on cap.

Attached picture 038.JPG
Attached picture Hartford.JPG
Attached picture 037.JPG
Attached picture 036.JPG
Attached picture 035.JPG
Posted By: JOSBORN Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Thu Oct 13 2011 09:37 AM
Picked this up last week from fellow Oldgasser BrianK.
Been wanting one of these for awhile. grin grin grin

Attached picture phpOWEwVyAM.jpg
Posted By: Bippe Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Thu Oct 13 2011 05:04 PM
A Gilbarco from 1956

Posted By: fast66 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Fri Oct 14 2011 04:24 AM
Nice Gilbarco, Bippe - I got two of them myself...
If you have the face but it's bad, I'll give U a name who makes great decals. If you miss the faces, maybe he can make them for U and put the decal on.
I'll send his contact info in a PM.

br
Claes
Posted By: Bippe Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Fri Oct 14 2011 06:39 AM
Tanx Claes

I have one bad face plate and are missing the other. My day job is to make sheetplate and restor cars, så I wil make one my self.

Are he making the dekals for the ad glases to?
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Fri Oct 14 2011 11:31 PM
Here are a couple of pumps we just picked up and need lots of parts for. Need inside shelving parts, nozzle holder flap, face plates, door or two, and top door. Any help?

Attached picture DSC00166.JPG
Attached picture DSC00167.JPG
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Sat Oct 15 2011 12:13 AM
Craig, those are cool. I would like to get one someday.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Sat Oct 15 2011 02:15 AM
Got these from a guy whom I bought my Double SS equiptment clockface from 20 years ago. I never thought that I would own one, now I need lots of parts.
Posted By: LC 336 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Sat Oct 15 2011 05:15 PM
Craig, Nice pumps!!!! Definitely on my wish list also.....
Posted By: philmccauley Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Sat Oct 15 2011 10:24 PM
Wow, nice pair you got there Craig!!!
Posted By: Alex Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Sat Oct 15 2011 10:33 PM
Oh, Phil......Where do I start??????
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Sat Oct 15 2011 11:28 PM
Originally Posted By: philmccauley
Wow, nice pair you got there Craig!!!

Now I don't feel so bad!! blush
Posted By: 1970mach Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Sun Oct 16 2011 12:22 AM
What model of pumps ae these?
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Sun Oct 16 2011 03:22 AM
Wayne model 71 display pumps 1938-41 it says in Jack's book.
Posted By: henlovestoys Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Sun Oct 16 2011 04:22 AM
Got these one-of-a-kind CAST IRON AIRFLOW trucks from DON SHERWOOD. They were produced by Craftsman TOM SEHLOFF of OREGON. No one has ever done fancy trucks like these in CAST IRON.

The pumps in the pictures are also from DON, made from scratch by Craftsman Bill LaRosa.

Would like to THANK Don, well in advance!

Posted By: fast66 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - OCT 3rd - 9th. - Sun Oct 16 2011 02:14 PM
yes he does - he has some different Regular/premium that can be used - maybe some Esso and I have given him the Mobilgas and -special... /Claes
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk