Oldgas.com Home

Hope you all did good this past week! smile

Thanks!
Posted By: kburkett Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 12:18 AM
I do not normally post in BOTW since most of what I buy is for resale. But this week was different. I got this plank at the Shipshewanna auction last Wed. Mt Vernon In is my home town and my late father-in-law drove a bulk truck delivering to farmers for Farm Bureau. So had to have it. I think it was probably from a crate or somethng. It was a nice surprise to find it.

Attached picture MVC-409S.JPG
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 12:33 AM
All from Northeast Gas Bash in CT
Bill clip

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rough but I didn't have it.
Posted By: RetroPetro Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 12:37 AM

Posted By: RetroPetro Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 12:41 AM

Posted By: RetroPetro Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 12:42 AM
Posted By: LOWright Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 12:45 AM
Got my second Polarine can but not in as good of condition as the first. It's a little different then the first one, it has Polarine down both sides.

Attached picture polarine oil can 2 front.jpg
Attached picture polarine oil can 2.jpg
Posted By: sandman325 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 12:53 AM
Here's my buy of the week (after the e-bay auction ended unsold). A 30"x60" Koolmotor embossed painted tin sign. Cleaned up well with good gloss. Will display nicely on my garage wall once I find the time to hang it!

Posted By: Neil Gerrard Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 01:02 AM
picked up this porcelain Gruss air spring flange, only the second Gruss sign I've sign and I have the other. This one's neat since it has what looks like the Wright brothers plane on it, dates to around 1920. Interested in other stuff from this company if anyone has any.

Posted By: K W FRITH Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 01:12 AM
Great looking Koolmotor sign! Gotta love that Cities Service!!
Posted By: frankpl Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 01:20 AM
Picked up this Yale flashlight display, has issues but cool and has the battery display on top that is usually missing...Frank

Uploaded with ImageShack.us.Frank
Posted By: frankpl Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 01:23 AM
Also this B-D pump, just a powdercoat resto but looks nice as is..Frank

Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 01:33 AM
Picked up this Thermo:

Posted By: RetroPetro Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 01:36 AM
Frank, like that mastodon leg trap.
My buys from the Northeast Gas Bash

Posted By: gasoildude Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 03:28 AM
Here are my buys smile

Now I have all 3 versions of this sign.

Then a few cans.

Found this very cool book on how to build midget racers from the 30s/40s.
Posted By: frankpl Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 03:41 AM
That trap is a Newhouse #6 thats as big as they come, My dad was a huge collector, had over 600 traps, he is going to be 91 in june and has sold off his whole collection over the last two or three years, I helped him find and buy this trap so told him this one stays here...Frank
Posted By: DWSheffer Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 04:07 AM
I haven't posted much lately, but I've added quite a few new items in the last month. The Sky Chief globe off Ebay is mint with the original box. I also added a black T Texaco to my collection. I like it a lot more than the white outlined version that I had already. The Standard 15" lens was another miracle survivor being that it was stuffed on an angle in a flimsy flat rate USPS box so the person could ship it for $14.95. I about crapped when I seen the box come in the door that morning. I figured it was probably toast, but low and behold it made it! It seems to be thicker glass than any others in my collection. The Permazone can and the Purol came from Andy who sells regularly on Old Gas. Nice guy to deal with. The really nice little Gulf 2oz oval oiler was found yesterday antiquing for $9, as well as the Cities Service for $9.50. The neat little Speedway I found last month for $8. The stuff is still out there at reasonable prices folks....keep looking!
Darin

Posted By: JW32 Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 01:08 PM
got a great deal on these NOS lenses

Attached picture 2SOCONYGLASS.JPG
Attached picture 2SOCONYGLASS1.JPG
Posted By: 5 quart Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 04:45 PM
Hi Not a 5 quart but very old and diff- about 1915- Might just keep it- thanks don
Posted By: LOWright Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 04:59 PM
That's a Cool can Don! I would keep it..............
Picked this Gulf sign today from the original gas station where it had hung.

Posted By: Alex Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Mon Feb 20 2012 09:07 PM
Nothing but good Texaco stuff....I collect Texaco smalls from a local distributor who was in business in the 30s and 40s. Thought I had seen them all and then this NOS thermometer shows up...Go figure

Attached picture Texaco Glass cleaner.jpg
Attached picture Texaco Havoline sign.jpg
Attached picture Texaco outboard quart.jpg
Attached picture Texaco Tex Murphy.jpg
Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - FEB 13th - 19th. - Tue Feb 21 2012 02:33 AM
got 4 of these niehoff brake line stools, the paint on them is coming right off. the Big A cabinet should clean up also and I had to have the Firestone tire stand when I saw it today

Attached picture 004.JPG
Attached picture 002.JPG
Attached picture 001.JPG
Just brought this home.

© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk