Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Check this out, it`s bitchin` ! - Sun May 27 2012 02:07 AM
I bought this pocelain toy gas station today. It was hand made for the original owner when he was a child. His name is over the front door. He is now 78 years old. The person I bought it from got it from him. He told her it was made in 1940. It originaly had lights on the pumps and in the office and work bay. It is big but I had to get it.

Posted By: Esse's Garage Re: Check this out, it`s bitchin` ! - Sun May 27 2012 02:24 AM
That's Cool Matt!!!!
Posted By: bwfergus Re: Check this out, it`s bitchin` ! - Sun May 27 2012 02:24 AM
That is awesome!!
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: Check this out, it`s bitchin` ! - Sun May 27 2012 02:51 AM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttt
Posted By: hancock-oil Re: Check this out, it`s bitchin` ! - Sun May 27 2012 03:29 AM
Matt
That is Killer!!!! Jim
Posted By: ToonMan Re: Check this out, it`s bitchin` ! - Sun May 27 2012 04:23 AM
That is Ultra Cool!!!!
Posted By: Lost Highway Re: Check this out, it`s bitchin` ! - Sun May 27 2012 06:09 AM
Looks awesome. Cities service? And the mobil Bennetts look great together!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Check this out, it`s bitchin` ! - Sun May 27 2012 06:37 AM
Very nice!
Posted By: philmccauley Re: Check this out, it`s bitchin` ! - Sun May 27 2012 01:02 PM
Nice little piece.
Posted By: Greg Speight Re: Check this out, it`s bitchin` ! - Sun May 27 2012 04:11 PM
Wow!!! I wish Santa had left one of these under the tree for me!!! Great find. Do we know if these were commercially produced or just a one of a kind.
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Check this out, it`s bitchin` ! - Sun May 27 2012 04:15 PM
NOW THAT'S COOL!!!!!
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: Check this out, it`s bitchin` ! - Sun May 27 2012 04:58 PM
very cool piece of history to say the least!!!i can`t even imagine how rare a piece like this is and knowing the history,makes it even better,,i have made a couple stations before so i know the work in makeing one of these but back in that era and its still around makes this story over the top...thanks for shareing your story..man i love it a lot!!! goes well with your awesome collection of pumps...great find MATT..!!!
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Check this out, it`s bitchin` ! - Sun May 27 2012 05:18 PM
...neat, and one-of-a-kind, for sure...it'd be nice to know if there was a Madden who owned a Cities Service station in the late 1930's...looks like something made for the child of a station owner, or someone who worked for a company that made porcelain signs or station 'skins'...
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk