Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Tue Jun 26 2012 05:10 AM
Sign poles put up. laugh
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Tue Jun 26 2012 08:31 AM
UNFORTUNATELY these are not mine but I thought worth sharing! I ran into these at an antique store in Millington Mi.

The Standard, which to me was priceless, was not for sale as it came from the local town where the store owner grew up. The Texaco was $1500 which seemed somewhat reasonable, although the sign was in pretty bad shape.

Attached picture standard (2).jpg
Attached picture Texaco (2).jpg
Posted By: JOSBORN Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Tue Jun 26 2012 09:03 AM
Here's one.

Attached picture phprjxnfNAM.jpg
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Tue Jun 26 2012 10:51 AM
Originally Posted By: JOSBORN
Here's one.

WOW!!! WHAT A SET UP!!!!
Posted By: 42packard Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Tue Jun 26 2012 11:43 AM
here's mine

Attached picture sign.JPG
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Tue Jun 26 2012 02:33 PM
Another awesome little setup!! I can't wait to get my garage looking like these. It's currently in the works.
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Tue Jun 26 2012 02:55 PM
I agree what cool set ups you guy's have!!! Wish I had a place to display signs like that.

42Packard You have got some awesome landscaping there, wish I had a green thumb of that caliber.

Keep the pix coming guys.
Posted By: Alex Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Tue Jun 26 2012 07:05 PM
42 Packard has a great set up. I have been there and it is very nice.....
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Wed Jun 27 2012 05:28 AM
Very nice!
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Wed Jun 27 2012 10:22 PM
Jeez!! Two people show their stuff!! Come on!!!
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Wed Jun 27 2012 10:29 PM
Come on guys get your camra get going LOL
Posted By: tooter Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Wed Jun 27 2012 11:51 PM
still waiting for mine to make it from Devils Lake ND!!!!

then I'll show it off!
Posted By: dodgeman60 Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Thu Jun 28 2012 12:32 AM
i will do mine tomorrow!
Posted By: bwfergus Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Thu Jun 28 2012 12:43 AM
42parkard: That is an awesome landscape! The Petro/Railroad item's put it over the top!!!!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Thu Jun 28 2012 02:11 AM
Heres TOOTERS--Patiently waiting to be put up!! LOL

Attached picture Texaco_Cleaned.jpg
Posted By: tooter Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Thu Jun 28 2012 02:13 AM
ur killing me!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Thu Jun 28 2012 02:17 AM
Heres one I sold a couple years back but its still here in North Dakota, so I get to see it a lot! Pretty rare pole sign!!

Attached picture Big_Mobil_sign_002[1].jpg
Posted By: Notchcad Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Thu Jun 28 2012 02:25 AM
Toots has a pole sign?
Posted By: tooter Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Thu Jun 28 2012 02:32 AM
own it...just don't have it yet!
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Thu Jun 28 2012 08:24 AM
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
Heres one I sold a couple years back but its still here in North Dakota, so I get to see it a lot! Pretty rare pole sign!!

WOW!! Very nice! Love the detail where the sign meets the post.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Thu Jun 28 2012 01:25 PM
Heres the street side of my shop, 3 weeks ago before I sold my Model A.
I have the lights on the pole and the pump rigged to a remote activation circuit, so that I can turn it on and off from the house with a little "clicker" device!

Attached picture Model A & sign pole.jpg
Posted By: dodgeman60 Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Thu Jun 28 2012 06:21 PM
heres mine ,i added the rat rod pump about a month ago.

Attached picture phpyzsiqgPM.jpg
Brady, Oldgas member "1petrofan" asked me to post his sign pole for him....

Posted By: 1PetroFan Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Thu Jun 28 2012 11:12 PM
Thanks Doc! Brady
Posted By: LC 336 Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Fri Jun 29 2012 01:12 AM
Killer signs everyone.

Brady,
I like the light show I would be in my back yard every night with that lit up.
Posted By: 1PetroFan Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Fri Jun 29 2012 01:44 AM
Thanks Lee, I light em up every time I have friends over. I have a set of Mobil letters waiting to go to the left of the door that I need to do next.Brady
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Fri Jun 29 2012 03:14 AM
Thanks for all the posted. Keep them coming.
Posted By: MARK SMITH Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Fri Jun 29 2012 04:59 PM
One of mine.

Attached picture DSC01588.JPG
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Sat Jun 30 2012 12:42 PM
Wow!! K W, what a set up with that lake in the background!!

Great looking pieces all!!!!!

More please!!
Posted By: 60 Parkwood Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Tue Jul 03 2012 11:40 PM
Here is mine with the gas pump island finished. I need to finish the restoration of my gas pumps before summer is over.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Wed Jul 04 2012 09:42 AM
Wow!! Parkwood, you are either not married, or you are "THE MAN"!!! To be able to do that as part of the house decor!
Very nice!!! Please post again when done. Or even as you go.
Posted By: justgassy Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Wed Jul 04 2012 06:41 PM
Well here's my 2 on the drive between the house & shop.
Cliff

Attached picture 007.JPG
Attached picture 008.JPG
Posted By: hemistudegasser Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Thu Jul 05 2012 03:01 AM
brady,
great setup!!

Originally Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Brady, Oldgas member "1petrofan" asked me to post his sign pole for him....

Posted By: advertologist Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Thu Jul 05 2012 03:19 AM
all look awesome.. cool
Posted By: 60 Parkwood Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Thu Jul 05 2012 06:25 PM
My wife was just glad I finally did something with all of my junk (that is what she calls it). She is always on me about all of my signs and pumps just sitting and taking up space. I tell her I have my plans but she can't really see it the same way as I do!
Posted By: sanford Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Fri Jul 06 2012 12:59 AM
Yeah, my wife called my stuff "junk" too, until we met up in the lawyers office, then it became a "valuable collection", lol
Posted By: hotrodfun1 Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Fri Jul 06 2012 03:45 AM
sanford
That is funny but also true.
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Fri Jul 06 2012 06:29 PM
WOW, I like the mobil sign pole!! I also like the standard sign and pole!
Posted By: JOSBORN Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Fri Jul 06 2012 10:25 PM
Originally Posted By: sanford
Yeah, my wife called my stuff "junk" too, until we met up in the lawyers office, then it became a "valuable collection", lol

You never know a woman til you met her in court! LOL!

Feel your pain.
Been there, no LOL!
Posted By: Scott Baselt Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Sat Jul 07 2012 03:16 AM
These used to be mine. They now belong to garagejunkie in South Dakota. I sold them when I moved from Wisconsin to much warmer California.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: Dale Stephens Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Sun Jul 08 2012 07:55 PM
I only have a couple put up. Here they are....

Attached picture Iowa items 001.jpg
Attached picture Iowa items 002.jpg
Posted By: justgassy Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Tue Jul 10 2012 01:32 PM
That look's good Dale, it's nice having a little room to do thing's like that.
Cliff
Posted By: Dale Stephens Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Tue Jul 10 2012 06:32 PM
Thanks, Cliff....Dale
Posted By: dalin Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Wed Jul 11 2012 04:57 AM
60 Parkwood , your wife most be a saint to let you put signs and pumps next to the house. looks like a really nice place.
Posted By: Tom Del Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Fri Jul 27 2012 12:30 AM
Just finished putting up my back yard light

Attached picture DSCN1856 (2).jpg
Posted By: Gas globe guy Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Sat Jul 28 2012 01:27 AM
PRETTY!!!!!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Sat Jul 28 2012 02:26 AM
That texaco looks good with the black outline ring! Really sets the rest of it off and draws your eyes to the sign! Nice!!
Posted By: 60 Parkwood Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Sun Jul 29 2012 02:10 AM
Well I don't know why my picture was removed or deleted so I thought I would post it again!

Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Lets see your sign pole with signs. put up - Sun Jul 29 2012 11:53 AM
Very nice everybody!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk