Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: oldnfuelish Peggy's leg transplant - Mon Aug 06 2012 09:27 PM
Well today,Steven and I performed a delicate operation on Peggy.took us more time to take her off the wall than it did for us to perform the leg transplant ,but now she is walkin and flying like new!

Legs were a perfect match! For those of you that don't know the story behind Peggy,here's the link
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=254986&page=1.
She's still not a perfect horse,but we love her!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Mon Aug 06 2012 09:36 PM
Looks good. I'm going to have to find one those cookie cutter signs soon.
Posted By: 1937 GMC Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Mon Aug 06 2012 09:50 PM
Looks really nice; I bet the last thing you thought you would find in Iowa was a pair of legs for your "Winged Horse". Great story of how you brought her back to life!
Posted By: 1 BAD ZR1 Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Mon Aug 06 2012 09:55 PM
Mick, That horse is "awesome". Reminds me when I put a Mobilgas script top 80 in my 3 yr old sons room to turn on when there were storms and he would go to sleep then. He still has that pump and my daughter has the Mobilgas Special I did for her. Been a while, that was in the mid 80's but they still have a love for the stuff I have thankfully. Nice restoration, just killer on your sons wall. Brought back good memories. Rob
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Mon Aug 06 2012 09:57 PM
Mick, she does look good....

I would be remiss, if I didn't point out the obvious.... Peggy would look better out here in the PNW (Longview, WA to be exact). Out here, she wouldn't have to suffer through the cold winters and hot summers.... She would be able to enjoy breezes with a hint of sea air.... Also the smell of Cedar and Doug Fir trees....

So go ahead and make her life more enjoyable.... Crate her up and ship her out here.... In fact if you like, you can accompany her... I can let you pitch a tent in the backyard....
Posted By: DCpate Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Mon Aug 06 2012 10:32 PM
Wow,,,my Pegasus' front leg has the pin striping in it, that is truly a perfect match.

Looks great!
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Mon Aug 06 2012 10:44 PM
Don't stop horsing around up there.
Posted By: powerlube Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Tue Aug 07 2012 03:41 PM
I wish my dad would put a cookie cutter in my room. Then maybe my wife would let it stay?
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Tue Aug 07 2012 04:03 PM
great ending to your story!!! looks awesome and glad you finally got her back together....big al
Posted By: Ryan Underthun Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Tue Aug 07 2012 04:27 PM
Sweet!
Posted By: gulfiend! Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Tue Aug 07 2012 04:44 PM
...I'll bet you could sell the 'artificial' leg...
Posted By: THE AMERICAN GARAGE Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Wed Aug 08 2012 07:24 PM
Looks AWESOME Mick & Steven, But I detect the angle being off a 1/2mm! wink
Posted By: justgassy Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Thu Aug 09 2012 12:41 AM
I sure hope the therapy & rehab go well!

Cliff
Posted By: pumpman2 Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Thu Aug 09 2012 03:15 AM
hey mick peggy looks good
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Thu Aug 09 2012 10:45 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments,couldn't a done it without the guys on oldgas!
And she even got Jerry to come out and say hi!good to see your still around!

As far as the angle she is mounted at.i Screwed a level 2x2to the wall,and the three body brackets rest right on that. To me it makes sense that these three brackets would have been level instead of the front ones being slightly higher?would have made laying outthe drilling pattern much easier?well even if she's off just a bit,she's a happy horse once again!
Posted By: KZ1000 Re: Peggy's leg transplant - Thu Aug 09 2012 11:16 AM
Mick it looks great. Remember, that guy lives on an Island that isn't.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk