Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: zegret Gas Station Find - Sat Nov 03 2012 01:37 AM
No, I didn't find a gas station, but I did stumble on one that was being taken apart. The guy that was taking it down was moving it to his property to turn into storage and in the process had created a giant pile of debris in the process.

Anyway, got to chatting about signs, etc and the only thing he found was an old AAA porcelain, but he was keeping it. Rats. But he did say he found some racks in the "attic" and that they were still in the box. Well, he had already taken them out and out them in the scrap pile if I wanted to see them.

Took a look and they were in great shape and the price was even better...free! I don't know much about them, but couldn't pass them up. Here's a photo:

Kept poking around and found two tire displays as well. Interesting to note that one is misspelled:

Nothing too earth shattering or amazing, but goes to show you that you never know what you might find just by asking!

On another note, I also hit an old junk shop and found a neat can from the Lion Oil Company. It is their "Nokorode Under Car Sealer and Silencer" product. It looks to be fairly old and I can't find any info on it other than some old ads. Still neat find though!

Posted By: gasoildude Re: Gas Station Find - Sat Nov 03 2012 01:13 PM
Good finds & the price was right. Glad to see the racks saved from the scrap yard!!!!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Gas Station Find - Sun Nov 04 2012 04:57 AM
Great finds.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk