Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: tbuckles West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 01:05 PM
Winding up a west coast road trip with John Kramer. We stopped in and visited some of the great and famous Oldgasser's along the way. The truck is starting to drag and I was thinking that John was going to make me take a bus home if he found anything else to buy, really, the back of the cab is packed and I barely had room to sit. Notice the Coke cooler strapped on the tongue. The Dodge Ram had the power but notice we could pass anything but a gas station. The Wayne 730 was a surprise find for John, we really did not have room or capacity for it but John could not stand to leave it sitting so John said "Tom it's you or the 730"....I found the room and had to not eat anthing the rest of the way home to save weight.
Tom and John

Attached picture DSCF3282.JPG
Attached picture DSCF3309.JPG
Posted By: gasoildude Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 01:12 PM
Tom that is a load for sure!!!!!
I think you might need to get some air bags for the back of that baby smile
Posted By: dundign Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 01:36 PM
Tom & John , Great to see you guys and fun to chat about old times and pumps...Tom
Posted By: Fueluser Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 02:18 PM
"Notice the Coke cooler strapped on the tongue." Hmmmm I only see twine holding the Coke cooler on. Ok I'll give you the benefit of the doubt... its rope, just looks thin. (certainly not a strap by any imagination) LOL LOL LOL What a haul. I have never been on a "hunting" expedition like that. Would be the highlight of my collecting days. Color me jealous. John
Posted By: Mike M. Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 02:21 PM
Nice load!!! Now you need sell some to buy a truck that can handle the haul like a Chevy!!! LOL
Posted By: Lost Highway Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 02:41 PM
I see a national a. Wow!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 04:10 PM
You Been Scalped Tom. When I sold the A38 [1st pic, on left] it HAD the TOP & I told ya to check it was on Good!
Had a Great Visit w/ both.
Posted By: mcguffeyd1 Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 04:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Mike M.
Nice load!!! Now you need sell some to buy a truck that can handle the haul like a Chevy!!! LOL

Amen to that!!
Get ya a 2500 HD D-MAX.

Nice haul, just watch out for pot holes!!
Posted By: Gasguy77 Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 04:55 PM
Great picture! Cracked up at how loaded down the truck is!
Posted By: hobbies4howie Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 05:01 PM
Tell John I cant wait to see all those pumps when you guys get back. IF you make it back. Lol! I'm not sure John's truck is gonna make it back in one piece!
Posted By: dundign Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 05:09 PM
DB -- That 38 top was hanging by a wire went it got to my place.... Tom
Posted By: Savinsam Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 05:27 PM
Did the truck level up again when you unhooked? !!!
Posted By: Hy-Flash 72 Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 09:02 PM
Looks like you need a large box truck for the buying trips!!

Randy
Posted By: oldnfuelish Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 10:12 PM
Wow! Great haul. If I woulda known you were gonna stop by db,I woulda had you bring him at least 1 snowball! Special delivery from me and Jason!
Posted By: 1937 GMC Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 10:28 PM
Thanks guys for helping me with the sign; the Old Gas "network" stikes again! Also, just how many Wayne 60's are on that trailer? cool
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 10:58 PM
Mark, I Think I see 10 W-60's.
I tried to get the Tok 34 off!
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 11:17 PM
Tom and John thanks for stopping at my gas pump ranch! I am sorry that I was not around to give a tour, but I am glad DB was able to show you around!

NICE LOAD!!

It is hard to haul a load that heavy across the country!
Been there done that! Just the price of gas alone is a killer and then it is such a long slow haul especially up hills LOL. Add a wind factor in and then you feel like dumping the pumps along the road LOL. Rob
Posted By: Notchcad Re: West coast road trip - Sat Feb 16 2013 11:32 PM
Looks like a nice haul! Hell of a way to break in the truck.
Posted By: Ed Steagall Re: West coast road trip - Sun Feb 17 2013 12:07 AM
wink DB you are almost right, he got 8 from me in Tucson!
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: West coast road trip - Sun Feb 17 2013 12:11 AM
I was wanting to go on that trip too, but too many things got in the way! Wish I could have gone but I see you're having plenty of fun without me!! LOL Thanks for posting the photos!
Posted By: junknjohn Re: West coast road trip - Sun Feb 17 2013 12:55 AM
Dick is correct!!! When all was said and done we ended up with 10 Wayne 60's
Posted By: tbuckles Re: West coast road trip - Sun Feb 17 2013 03:54 PM
Rob, you are so right about the long trips.
I have a new respect for you guys that drive to Iowa Gas, the gas is a killer alone. Kind of ironic, hauling a trailer load of gas pumps and stopping for gas even before I have to go to the restroom!
I was thinking about the movie Water World, you remember when they found land, they said it felt weird, well that is how I felt sometimes when the Dodge stopped and when my feet hit the ground...no swaying back and forth.
Tom.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: West coast road trip - Sun Feb 17 2013 04:55 PM
Great finds. You guys are pretty fortunate that the police and the DOT (Department of Transportation) inspectors are not as strict in the USA. In Canada, that would be pulled off the road for being overloaded and unsafe.
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: West coast road trip - Sun Feb 17 2013 05:32 PM
It also happens in Oregon, the truck mounted patrol his them all.
Posted By: JimT Re: West coast road trip - Sun Feb 17 2013 06:00 PM
Happens every where. Depends alot on how your luck streak is going.
Posted By: Gas Pump Rob Re: West coast road trip - Tue Feb 19 2013 05:28 AM
Originally Posted By: tbuckles
Rob, you are so right about the long trips.
I have a new respect for you guys that drive to Iowa Gas, the gas is a killer alone. Kind of ironic, hauling a trailer load of gas pumps and stopping for gas even before I have to go to the restroom!
I was thinking about the movie Water World, you remember when they found land, they said it felt weird, well that is how I felt sometimes when the Dodge stopped and when my feet hit the ground...no swaying back and forth.
Tom.

That was many hundreds of dollars in gasoline!!! I remember the movie well, I own a waterworld pinball machine!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: West coast road trip - Tue Feb 19 2013 06:50 AM
Just Rob & I on all the trips we have made to Iowa Gas each year, the Total gasoline bill alone is Mind Boggling! Then add in what we spent for more toys!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk