Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: rustynuts You'd think there'd be more than just Socony - Sun May 26 2013 07:35 PM
I wasn't going to post these at first. Hate to bore everyone with the same old stuff. Trust me...I'd like to see something different also. I know darn well Socony had other signs & other companies were around at the time so my gut is telling me there should be other signs in the ground. Other than the heavy rain & one p***** off deer it was a productive memorial day weekend. Yes...I got run off by a doe not once but twice between yesterday & today! She was grunting at me & rutting with her hooves(like a bull getting ready to charge) Either she has a fawn close by or maybe there's some good signage buried? The sign gods are laughing at me this afternoon.

Attached picture s1.jpg
Attached picture s2.jpg
Attached picture s3.jpg
Attached picture s5.jpg
Attached picture s6.jpg
Posted By: rustynuts Re: You'd think there'd be more than just Socony - Sun May 26 2013 07:39 PM
frown

Attached picture s4.jpg
Posted By: 57tbirdkid Re: You'd think there'd be more than just Socony - Sun May 26 2013 08:01 PM
I have a feeling someone was contracted to remove all these signs for a change over and this was the dumping spot. For this many signs to be in one place is odd. Keep up the good work. I bet there is a lot more down there.
Posted By: rustynuts Re: You'd think there'd be more than just Socony - Sun May 26 2013 08:41 PM
Thanks 57tbirdkid! Larger & smaller there's gotta be other Socony signs in there. Curb signs,lubester paddles,service station shields,etc. Something other than Socony pump plates would be great. I've had close to thirty of them.
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: You'd think there'd be more than just Socony - Sun May 26 2013 09:25 PM
Real shame about the Milk Glass SOCONY Globe you BROKE while digging! laugh
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: You'd think there'd be more than just Socony - Sun May 26 2013 10:31 PM
I think, he dropped it while being chased by Bambi.
Posted By: rustynuts Re: You'd think there'd be more than just Socony - Mon May 27 2013 01:06 AM
I got a bunch of broken Socony globe pieces set aside to try & put together somehow. There was other globes pieces but I can't figure out what they are. I would've dropped the signs & shovel before I let go of a intact globe.
This is all I could think of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0BZ_fMnikDA
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk