Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: WJHcurator Associated Flying A display light box - Sun Jun 09 2013 03:28 AM
Hello, I just completed another one of my displays for our museum's display on our early gas stations. I purchased a reproduction Ad glass and a friend of the museum constructed the box and installed the ad glass and I installed the lighting. Enjoy.
WJCurator/Utahbob

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted By: advertologist Re: Associated Flying A display light box - Sun Jun 09 2013 03:36 AM
very nice.. cool
Posted By: Martin from OZ Re: Associated Flying A display light box - Sun Jun 09 2013 08:02 AM
Nice one!
Posted By: Jerry Westfield Re: Associated Flying A display light box - Sun Jun 09 2013 09:59 AM
Looks great, but why use a reproduction piece for a museum's display?
Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1 Re: Associated Flying A display light box - Sun Jun 09 2013 02:12 PM
GREAT JOB BOB!!!!,KNOWING Bob the cost has something to do with it as they are on a budget,and have limited funds to buy original pieces,just my thoughts.
Alan
Posted By: Bob Richards Re: Associated Flying A display light box - Sun Jun 09 2013 04:08 PM
Great job, Bob... With all the "bits and pieces", you are teasing us with... I can't wait to see the "finished product"!!!!
Posted By: WJHcurator Re: Associated Flying A display light box - Sun Jun 09 2013 07:49 PM
Jerry, I wish we could have everything in the display be original but I am doing the best I can to get this display set up. But I am sure our patrons will get the idea of what our Associated Flying A /Veedol Station looked like especially the kids. If you know of anyone with original Veedol and Flying A Signs who would be willing to donate them, please let me know. We do have a Wayne 615 Visible pump which we are getting painted in the Associated Red and Green colors
WJCurator
Posted By: WJHcurator Re: Associated Flying A display light box - Sun Jun 09 2013 08:07 PM
Thanks to all for your comments, they are encouraging and appreciated. For any of you out there who have not seen my concept photo of what I want the display to look like, I have added the photo below. The Veedol, White Gold and Associated Credit card signs will be reproductions. The Flying A Globes,The Veedol oil can display, The Associated sign, the flange signs, the Veedol curb sign and the Veedol Clock are reproductions. The two bulk oil pumps and the 16 gallon can I have but will need to paint and add decals to make them Veedol. The photos are of our Associated station in its different configurations. I have all the Utah license plates. I also have the Veedol 5 gal bucket. I hope this gives you an idea of what I am doing.
WJCurator
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: Associated Flying A display light box - Sun Jun 09 2013 08:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Jerry Westfield

VERY VERY FEW Museums have original Dinosaurs Skeletons in their displays.
1. there aren't that many Complete skeletons,
2. even Repop Skeletons are very expensive,
3. MOST Museums are run on Donations &/OR have very Limited Funds.

Support your local museum by Donating
Posted By: WJHcurator Re: Associated Flying A display light box - Mon Jun 10 2013 06:23 AM
Thanks for your response Dick.
WJCurator
Posted By: strnge Re: Associated Flying A display light box - Mon Jun 10 2013 03:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
Originally Posted By: Jerry Westfield

VERY VERY FEW Museums have original Dinosaurs Skeletons in their displays.
1. there aren't that many Complete skeletons,
2. even Repop Skeletons are very expensive,
3. MOST Museums are run on Donations &/OR have very Limited Funds.

Support your local museum by Donating

Thanks Dick!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk