Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: warriorgas Road trippin - Sun Nov 10 2013 11:59 AM
Hi guys...it's Kelly ( I should probably get my own screen name, but it's just as easy to use dads). Anyway, wanted to share a pretty cool time that dad and I had yesterday. We set off at 4 am to head to an auction. We were hoping to find some good pieces but were quickly disappointed when we saw a bunch of repo stuff with some originals mixed in. It was even more disappointing when we watched a man pay $450 for a repop Andy Rooney Popsicle sign, another $450 for a repop Ford flange sign, a few hundred dollars more for a repop 4 and 1 imports Fisk sign...you get the idea. We did get a few things to make the 4.5 hour drive a bit more bearable. On the way home we decided to back road home and I am super stoked we did. Came across a sweet place with a great man who opened up all of his buildings so we could check it out. I managed to get this can, saw an unbelievable collection, and saw the coolest sign I've seen up close in a long time! All in all, we had a great time and it was as cool hangin out with the ol' man, we haven't had a chance to do that in a long time.

Posted By: DWSheffer Re: Road trippin - Sun Nov 10 2013 01:42 PM
Good find on the can Kelly, and a big WOW on the Marathon sign, one of my favorites and on the sign "bucket list"!
Darin
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: Road trippin - Sun Nov 10 2013 03:14 PM
You did well . Me and my kids did they same thing yesterday as the weather was to nice to stay around the house . It sure is a blast to drive around looking for that next piece to add to your collection. That marathon sign is Great !Thanks.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Road trippin - Sun Nov 10 2013 04:07 PM
marathon sign is killer.. cool
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Road trippin - Sun Nov 10 2013 04:24 PM
Wow, great scores!!!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk