Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Steven C. little trip to a local collection - Fri Jan 24 2014 08:32 PM
So me and the Bro in Law and another buddy took a ride to see a guys collection this morning. Sorry I only got a few pics. He gave us the VIP tour. Great guy!!! Very passionate about the his collection. Including a visit to his special room with about 15 or so all original paint pump. Wasn't able to get any pics in there. He surely had some repops but there was enough beautiful originals to not care.
My favorite was this 20's era Sunoco sign tucked behind a 59 blend pump. Another beauty was the original paint Texaco A38 tucked in the back corner of pic #6. And the FireDrop flange sign in picture #2.
I can see I should have taken more pictures!! I missed some incredible pieces! And this is just his place of business. I wonder what's at home!!

Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg
Attached picture 4.jpg
Posted By: Steven C. Re: little trip to a local collection - Fri Jan 24 2014 08:33 PM

Attached picture 5.jpg
Attached picture 6.jpg
Attached picture 7.jpg
Attached picture sunoco.jpg
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: little trip to a local collection - Fri Jan 24 2014 08:58 PM
What a collection, very nice thanks . I bet you were drooling over that last pic!
Posted By: nam5072 Re: little trip to a local collection - Fri Jan 24 2014 08:59 PM
Bigger and nicer than my collection so far :-/
Posted By: PlainBroke Re: little trip to a local collection - Fri Jan 24 2014 09:18 PM
Great stuff Steve, thanks for sharing your pics.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: little trip to a local collection - Fri Jan 24 2014 09:34 PM
Originally Posted By: 47reotravis
. I bet you were drooling over that last pic!

I was somewhat awe struck. You just dont see that one very often!! It was actually a flange sign that someone had straightened out the flange on.

After I got home I was bummed cuz there was one whole wall with about 5 gorgeous visibles and two display pumps that I forgot to take a pic of. You guys would have loved 'em.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: little trip to a local collection - Fri Jan 24 2014 10:14 PM
Sweet stuff! thanks for the photos Steve!
Posted By: henlovestoys Re: little trip to a local collection - Fri Jan 24 2014 10:51 PM
Ditto!

That double BOWSER display pump looks familiar!

What a BEAUTY!

Hen
Posted By: Gargoyle Re: little trip to a local collection - Fri Jan 24 2014 10:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Steve C.
Great guy!!! Very passionate about the his collection.

Easy to see why! Incredible collection.
Posted By: Oilcanman87 Re: little trip to a local collection - Sat Jan 25 2014 12:33 AM
Where is this I may take a road trip. Thus would be great for my article
Posted By: advertologist Re: little trip to a local collection - Sat Jan 25 2014 12:34 AM
nice collection, thanks for posting.. cool
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: little trip to a local collection - Sat Jan 25 2014 08:57 AM
Nice collection.
Posted By: GASandOIL Re: little trip to a local collection - Sun Jan 26 2014 04:03 PM
Nice collection.
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: little trip to a local collection - Sun Jan 26 2014 09:54 PM
Man thats some nice stuff!
Posted By: babybull Re: little trip to a local collection - Mon Jan 27 2014 03:00 PM
It still amazes me when I see a concentration of that much quality stuff in one collection.
Posted By: Martin from OZ Re: little trip to a local collection - Tue Jan 28 2014 06:03 AM
awesome !
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk