Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: SteveP Your Favorite PETRO painting that you DISPLAY - Wed May 21 2014 02:42 PM
Like many of you, my home is decorated with a multitude of petro-related art work. Here is my *favorite -- can you I.D. the (famous) artist? I picked this up at IKEA sometime in the early 90s for the $ale price of twenty six bucks. At 54"X36" it dominates my foyer!

Lets see some of your faves -- I'd imagine Jack Schmitt will be in the mix.

Steve

PS: I wrote a piece for CTO Mag (Feb 96) about this *particular station -- it was titled "Jack's Gas" anyone recall it?

Attached picture DSCN3602.JPG
Edward Hopper. Do I win it?
Posted By: SteveP Re: Your Favorite PETRO painting that you DISPLAY - Wed May 21 2014 03:58 PM
Kudos -- your prize is FREE ADMISSION to The Edward Hopper Museum
(Cape Cod) on Friday July 25! Just tell them Steve sent you.
Posted By: huskybob Re: Your Favorite PETRO painting that you DISPLAY - Wed May 21 2014 11:17 PM
This might be one of the bigger ones.... it's 6ft. X 6ft.

Posted By: Dave Richey Re: Your Favorite PETRO painting that you DISPLAY - Thu May 22 2014 02:17 AM
Not yet matted and framed.

Attached picture 1 (2).JPG
Posted By: moore798 Re: Your Favorite PETRO painting that you DISPLAY - Thu May 22 2014 11:02 AM
In my home town a mom and pop Conoco station where you could get a cold pop for a nickle.Torn down years ago. The Good Old Days!!

Attached picture branums 004.JPG
Posted By: trifiver Re: Your Favorite PETRO painting that you DISPLAY - Thu May 22 2014 01:48 PM
Hello Robert

Really like your Picture , I can remember a few stores around here just like it , They are long gone now :{

Sid
Posted By: moore798 Re: Your Favorite PETRO painting that you DISPLAY - Thu May 22 2014 04:03 PM
Thanks Sid,
Great home cooked meals and homemade pie were served there and was regular gathering place for alot of the locals.Back when service stations were full service.Does any one remember? wink
Posted By: henlovestoys Re: Your Favorite PETRO painting that you DISPLAY - Thu May 22 2014 07:05 PM
Killer painting, huskybob!

Hen
Posted By: pickurt Re: Your Favorite PETRO painting that you DISPLAY - Fri May 23 2014 12:25 AM
Sadly , one day those memories days will be forgotten.

Posted By: MATT ALVAREZ Re: Your Favorite PETRO painting that you DISPLAY - Fri May 23 2014 02:41 AM
Here is mine. It is an original oil painting. It was painted by the sister of an oldgas/pitstop member.

Posted By: katfsh Re: Your Favorite PETRO painting that you DISPLAY - Fri May 23 2014 12:02 PM
This is one done by a local artist of our families original gulf station.

Posted By: moore798 Re: Your Favorite PETRO painting that you DISPLAY - Fri May 23 2014 12:16 PM
Robert,
I really like the station/cafe.Very special meaning for you I am sure.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk