Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Wallster Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Sun Aug 03 2014 02:04 PM
These gas pumps might not have the iconic look a lot of people are looking for but I've found a few in very good condition that were fairly inexpensive and I think they look great when they're all done. Here's the latest project I completed. It was originally a Cities Service super 5d pump but I wanted something with a little more color. Here are some pics of the process, enjoy.

Wally

Posted By: Let er' Buck Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Sun Aug 03 2014 02:29 PM
Pretty good looking pump in my opinion!
Nice details that you did on it I like it.
Bob
Posted By: Cold Pizza Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Sun Aug 03 2014 02:33 PM
Beautiful quality work.
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Sun Aug 03 2014 03:41 PM
Looks great!!
Posted By: 1965CHPCSP Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Sun Aug 03 2014 05:22 PM
Top notch work!
The colors and detail are excellent.
Nice job!
Posted By: buzzy56 Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Sun Aug 03 2014 05:33 PM
Great job . Attention to detail is apparent. Very nice.
Posted By: pickurt Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Sun Aug 03 2014 07:26 PM
Nice clean work, looks great.

Posted By: Dave Richey Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Sun Aug 03 2014 09:13 PM
Heck of a job!
Posted By: Wallster Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Mon Aug 04 2014 12:11 AM
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the great comments.

Wally
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Mon Aug 04 2014 02:08 AM
Great looking pump!
Posted By: JimT Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Mon Aug 04 2014 08:46 AM
Nice work.
Posted By: Martin from OZ Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Mon Aug 04 2014 09:04 AM
looks good... and the paint scheme suits the pump great
Posted By: halehouse Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Mon Aug 04 2014 06:30 PM
That looks great, all the way down to the "A Standard Oil Company Product" text! I'd like to find an inexpensive pump like that to put outside my shed, but done up like that it looks too nice to put outside.
Posted By: Wallster Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Mon Aug 04 2014 07:39 PM
Originally Posted By: halehouse
That looks great, all the way down to the "A Standard Oil Company Product" text! I'd like to find an inexpensive pump like that to put outside my shed, but done up like that it looks too nice to put outside.

Lol, you know the saying "the devil's in the details"... I searched forever to get a clean shot of that on a pump and then duplicated it so I could have it cut out in vinyl. Technically, when I was weeding the "SO" logo's I made a mistake because the "SO" was supposed to be white with a grey circle around it. That's the great thing about restoring old gas pumps for yourself, there's quite a bit of personal discretion allowed. Thanks for the comments.

Wally
Posted By: Signs-R-Us Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Tue Aug 05 2014 05:26 AM
I like it, looks great.
Posted By: ROCCO2 Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Tue Aug 05 2014 12:13 PM
very nice cool looking pump
Posted By: 47reo-travis Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Tue Aug 05 2014 01:16 PM
I like that ,you did a great job.
Posted By: tmcnasty Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Tue Aug 05 2014 02:34 PM
I saw a red one of yours on craigslist a few weeks back. I think they both look awesome. The little overhangs at the top do give 'em some flare. Keep up the good work.
Posted By: Wallster Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Tue Aug 05 2014 05:33 PM
Originally Posted By: tmcnasty
I saw a red one of yours on craigslist a few weeks back. I think they both look awesome. The little overhangs at the top do give 'em some flare. Keep up the good work.

Thanks. I placed the Texaco L3 on CL because my wife thought generating a few dollars would be nice but so far I haven't sold it... and I hope I don't! wink
Posted By: PlainBroke Re: Finished another AO Smith L-3 - Tue Aug 05 2014 11:20 PM
Knocked that one out of the park Wally - top shelf!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk