Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: Steven C. "Then and Now" Conoco "The Dam Store" - Thu Aug 21 2014 12:38 PM

Attached picture before.jpg
Attached picture after.jpg
Attached picture conoco b4.jpg
Attached picture conoco after.jpg
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: "Then and Now" Conoco "The Dam Store" - Thu Aug 21 2014 01:59 PM
Great pictures. At least the buildings NOW look in good shape!
Posted By: Dick Bennett Re: "Then and Now" Conoco "The Dam Store" - Thu Aug 21 2014 02:26 PM
The dam Store in Loveland, Colo.
Google; Thompson Canyon Dam, Colo
Posted By: nam5072 Re: "Then and Now" Conoco "The Dam Store" - Thu Aug 21 2014 02:29 PM
Damn..thats cool....
Posted By: advertologist Re: "Then and Now" Conoco "The Dam Store" - Thu Aug 21 2014 02:51 PM
modernization ruined the dam store... cool
Posted By: Mike M. Re: "Then and Now" Conoco "The Dam Store" - Thu Aug 21 2014 03:31 PM
Thanks for the post Steve...Great stuff!
Posted By: junior25 Re: "Then and Now" Conoco "The Dam Store" - Thu Aug 21 2014 03:42 PM
Originally Posted By: advertologist
modernization ruined the dam store... cool

ditto
Posted By: Done4 Re: "Then and Now" Conoco "The Dam Store" - Thu Aug 21 2014 03:49 PM
I agree on the modernization, but at least they are still standing.
Posted By: Steven C. Re: "Then and Now" Conoco "The Dam Store" - Thu Aug 21 2014 04:00 PM
If you look at the map, it had to be a little adventurous to drive off into that valley and those hills back at that time. There isn't much there now let alone back then.
Beautiful place!!!
Posted By: Let er' Buck Re: "Then and Now" Conoco "The Dam Store" - Fri Aug 22 2014 02:15 AM
After last years flood there isn't even a dam anymore I just went to up last Monday and the canyon is still in bad shape all "natural" features of the canyon are gone and it looks more like a city park with a river running through it where they have lined the edges of the river with rock sad how much was lost less than a year ago up there's still a lot of damaged homes sitting empty all along the canyon but overall still a good place to go and visit anytime we get a free day to head out and spend an a day away from home.
Posted By: Hemibird Re: "Then and Now" Conoco "The Dam Store" - Sat Aug 23 2014 03:30 AM
I used to live right there and never knew it existed!
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk