Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: John W My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 11:52 AM
Hi all, I started collecting Texaco stuff about 1 1/2 years ago. Actually it all started when I went with a friend (Alan Whitaker or ARW on here)when he picked his first sign pole. Well I caught the bug as well and set out to build my own little collection. I decided to turn my "mini" barn into my station. I had to be somewhat careful because I do live in a subdivision with neighbors all around, so I didn't want to tick any of them off. Now, every time I look out of my back patio door it just makes me smile....

Attached picture texaco outside compress.jpg
Attached picture texsign compress.jpg
Attached picture tex inside compress.JPG
Posted By: JUNK KING Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 12:01 PM
Great setup. Alan did a good job of passing on the addiction.
Posted By: Fasturn402 Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 12:22 PM
It makes me smile also.
Posted By: K W FRITH Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 12:38 PM
There appears to be a lot of space on the inside of that fence for the bigger signs that are available! Neighbors wouldn't see those, but you could! Welcome to the addiction!
Posted By: John W Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 01:04 PM
a few more pics.... As you can see I have a mixture of originals and repops...

Attached picture peg wall compress.JPG
Attached picture oils shelf compress.JPG
Attached picture tire inflator compress.JPG
Posted By: Alex Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 01:05 PM
Nice...that Flat Tire display is awesome. You sometimes see the signs, but not the display racks.
Posted By: Gasman84470 Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 01:39 PM
Nothing "mini" about the collection. I would imagine the neighbors would be ***** if you had Alan's sign collection hovering over them. I wouldn't mind it at all! Looks great. Amazing what you can get together in short order with a lot of enthusiasm and cash! smile
Posted By: Young's Union Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 01:48 PM

Great looking sign. What are the dimensions of it?
Posted By: bustermonty Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 01:48 PM
OK! Another cool Hoosier collection. Great job!
Posted By: bruzer75 Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 01:49 PM
The short Texaco sign is awesome! But it looks big the way you took the lone picture of it from the base. Thanks for sharing.
May our lives glorify God,
Michael
Posted By: Signs-R-Us Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 01:50 PM
Nice,very well put together!
Posted By: Steven C. Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 02:52 PM
That looks awesome!! To bad for City ordinances or I bet that sign would be full size. grin
Posted By: John W Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 03:25 PM
Thanks everybody, I appreciate the comments. The pole sign is 9ft tall and is made out of wood, with two 28" baked enamel repop signs on it so its double sided. I wish I could have gone full sized but I am already pushing the limits of our homeowners association as it is... A few more pics to share. Under the awning I have a flat screen TV mounted and we set chairs and tables up for backyard parties on the bricks. The pay phone actually works and is hooked to my house phone. I wanted a full size phone booth but again, worried about homeowners association so we made this phone box, complete with my own added graffiti. The battery display is of course fake... I came across a battery rack but could not find any old Texaco batteries so I made my own along with the sign over the top of the display.

Attached picture door phone compressed.JPG
Attached picture battery compressed.jpg
Attached picture nighttime compressed.JPG
Attached picture phone compress.jpg
Posted By: John W Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 03:27 PM
more pics

Attached picture showcase lower compress.jpg
Attached picture washer box compress.JPG
Posted By: John W Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 03:31 PM
forgot one..

Attached picture register compress.jpg
Posted By: Mike M. Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 03:46 PM
Very nice...Thanks for posting!
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 04:07 PM
Awesome!!!
Posted By: moore798 Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 08:55 PM
John,Outstanding job!I am sure you will enjoy many
hours enjoying your collection and hard work.Very orderly and neat!
Posted By: pollyman Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 10:10 PM
Very nice. Quite a Texaco collection for 1 1/2 years. I am impressed. Great work!
Posted By: Let er' Buck Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 13 2014 11:16 PM
That station is great!
I know what you mean about HOA's they made me take down all the signs on the back of my garage because passer bys could see them from a street a block west but only in the winter when the trees have no leaves on them but because someone complained they had to go.....
now I'm looking for a place out in the country with a nice shop and plan to build a general store and station set up and seeing what everyone is doing only makes me search harder ;-).
Bob
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: My backyard Texaco station - Tue Oct 14 2014 01:48 AM
Looks great! I like it!
Posted By: Big Block Cat Re: My backyard Texaco station - Tue Oct 14 2014 02:08 AM
Looks Great! and yes it made me smile too!
Posted By: redindianguy Re: My backyard Texaco station - Tue Oct 14 2014 01:57 PM
Originally Posted By: John W
Hi all, I started collecting Texaco stuff about 1 1/2 years ago. Actually it all started when I went with a friend (Alan Whitaker or ARW on here)when he picked his first sign pole. Well I caught the bug as well and set out to build my own little collection. I decided to turn my "mini" barn into my station. I had to be somewhat careful because I do live in a subdivision with neighbors all around, so I didn't want to tick any of them off. Now, every time I look out of my back patio door it just makes me smile....

very cool
Posted By: advertologist Re: My backyard Texaco station - Tue Oct 14 2014 04:09 PM
looks like a cool place too hang out, is
there a refrigerator too keep beer cold?... cool
Posted By: Gas pump Dane Re: My backyard Texaco station - Thu Oct 16 2014 07:45 PM
Very nice place
Posted By: John W Re: My backyard Texaco station - Mon Oct 20 2014 08:07 PM
pics of my toy in front of the station

Attached picture vega texaco compress2.JPG
Attached picture vega texaco compress3.JPG
Attached picture vega texaco compress4.JPG
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk