Oldgas.com Home

Thanks Everyone! smile
Here are my botw..Keep them coming everyone!

Attached picture IMG_3346.jpg
Attached picture IMG_3342.jpg
Picked up this early can even after a local collector tried to swindle me out of getting it...thanks to the honest seller!!

Got this Indian Gas globe from a local guy today

Attached picture IMG_1736.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1737.JPG
NOS Gargoyle Painted Paddle:

Gold Band With Prop:

Mobilgas Special Shield i think will clean up:

Sinclair Oils Can:
Posted By: Scott Williams New items - Mon Nov 03 2014 01:04 AM
Had a great weekend. Here are my new additions. Anyone know anything about the Goodyear Wingfoot? It is almost 7 feet long!

Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: Scott Williams Re: New items - Mon Nov 03 2014 01:06 AM
More

Picked up some Gulf things today. Bunch of cans and the extended version of the Gulftane pump plate.

Attached picture gulff.jpg
Attached picture gulff2.jpg
Attached picture gulff1.jpg
Ever since my good friend "Petro Pete" sold me his Texaco Marine Lubricants sign, I have wanted one of those large Texaco Marine Products sign that are about 8 feet long!
Well Pete had one but just wouldn't sell it to me as he said he always planned to hang it up one day. I left a spot open on one of my walls for the last 3 years, hoping that he would get the hint. I even explained to him that I had an open spot and would really like to fill it with that sign! Didn't seem to work????
Then I got the bright idea to photoshop a picture of that sign onto my wall and present that to him in the hopes he would see what I was going for. I enlisted the help of "DOC", since I didn't have any photoshop stuff on my computer, and he made up the picture I needed!
I emailed it off to Pete and about 3 days later, I got a call from him with the good news that he understood and was willing to sell it to me. Only trouble was that Peotone was coming up fast and I didn't have the time to go and get it. He was willing to wait until I returned, and last week, I drove over and was able to bargain with him until we reached a deal!
I haven't had time to clean and hang the sign yet, but that's my next major project. For now I will have to be content to look at it leaning against the wall, waiting to take its place.
Pete also had this great old Champion plugs counter display and I just happened to have an NOS box of Champion plugs that would look great on it! I had a couple items along that Pete happened to want, and again, we were able to strike up a deal! I got a lot of other items last week too, but these 2 take the prize for me! Great pieces that I have wanted for a long time, and even better, they came from a very good friend! Thanks Pete!! laugh

First photo is the photoshop sign that Doc did for me. wink
2nd picture is the actual sign and picture 3 is the date stamp on the sign. smile
Fourth picture is the Champion display. grin

Attached picture Texaco Marine photoshop.JPG
Attached picture Texaco Marine sign SSP.jpg
Attached picture Texaco Marine makers mark.JPG
Attached picture Champion Spark Plug Display 008.JPG
Heres a few other things I managed to snag!

Attached picture Husky Tri Power PPP.jpg
Attached picture Tydol Two globe.jpg
Attached picture Goodrich SSP.JPG
Heres a few more!

Attached picture Wayne 60 #4.JPG
Attached picture Bennett & Tokheim pumps.jpg
Attached picture Polarine bottles 001.JPG
And a few more

Attached picture Firestone flange sign DSP.JPG
Attached picture Fram Filters double bubble clock.JPG
Attached picture Fram Tin Thermometer.JPG
Attached picture Gargoyle sign SSP.JPG
Posted By: avio Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Mon Nov 03 2014 01:36 AM
Good stuff Kevin!!!

By the way. Love that Co-Op clock on the wall.
And just a few more!

Attached picture Gillette Vertical sign 18 by 72.JPG
Attached picture Goodrich oval DSP.JPG
Attached picture Porcelain Station Lights 2.JPG
Attached picture Texaco Crankcase sign SSP.JPG
And a few prints to round it out!

I know there are a few pieces that I missed, but have just been too busy to get everything cleaned up!

Attached picture Veedol Poster 1.JPG
Attached picture Veedol Poster 2.JPG
Attached picture Veedol Poster 3.JPG
Attached picture Dave Snyder Mopar Print 2.JPG
Here's mine

Gillette Tire sign is killer Kevin!!!
The Flying A is killer Anthony. 4 ft ?
Nice haul Kevin!!
Love the BFG signs and Champion Spark Plug display.
Keep it up.
Mike
Originally Posted By: JUNK KING
The Flying A is killer Anthony. 4 ft ?

Yes, Jefferson it's 4ft, and I was very happy to finally get a clean one...

Kevin, you've been busy..Awsome champion display, and the posters are very cool too!

Keep them coming!
keep ending up with pumps...couple oddballs..
Gilbert and Barker twin 6 gallon from australia.
and single Clearvision no one has ever seen before...has ad glass cast right into the pump...

Attached picture australia twin.jpg
Attached picture clearvrare2 (Medium).jpg
Attached picture clearv rare 1.jpg
A couple of neat Richfield tin signs for me. Not perfect, but they do look like they were never hung. Both dated 1947.

Great unique pumps! And what a haul of stuff Kevin!
I put my BOTW on the wrong week so I will put them here too

Love that flying A Anthony!

Kevin that marine sign is very cool!
Kim, I absolutely love those pumps!!!

Kevin, where's your vehicles? ha ha nice haul.

Grant
Posted By: jbrooks Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Mon Nov 03 2014 12:48 PM
I'm loving those Richfield signs
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH

Fourth picture is the Champion display. grin

Absolutely love that Champion display Kevin. Very very nice piece.

Earl
Posted By: Alex Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Mon Nov 03 2014 02:00 PM
Had to sneak into Hillside Shortleg's neck of the woods to get this pump......found the quart can on the trip back home..

Attached picture Wayne 100 shell.jpg
Attached picture Texaco Motor Oil Can Quart.jpg
Originally Posted By: Alex
Had to sneak into Hillside Shortleg's neck of the woods to get this pump

LOL--Thought you were out of room! Those pumps just grow on ya, don't they!!
Posted By: TJammer Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Mon Nov 03 2014 02:34 PM
Early Sunoco sign...Thanks Daryl(Junior25)..Always a pleasure to see all your great stuff!

Nice Canadian Vulcanizer..Totally complete other than the glass cylinder..Even has the pump handle and nut assy. which was probably one of the first things that were lost, since they never were attached permanently to the pump.

Attached picture Sunoco 002.JPG
Attached picture Sunoco 005.JPG
Attached picture Sunoco 007.JPG
Posted By: TJammer Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Mon Nov 03 2014 02:51 PM
Now that a different Clear Vision..Nice score Kim!

Nice Canadian Vulcanizer..

This isn't the pump you told me you were picking up Tom! Lol
Nice score as finding a complete Vulcanizer isn't easy. Great addition to your collection. Congrats
Posted By: TJammer Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Mon Nov 03 2014 03:35 PM
Lol...The pump I told you I was picking up was the Twin G&B 86..

I picked up the Vulcanizer on Saturday, in the Wellington County area..I couldn't tell you about because our friend Darryl was with me..I wouldn't have heard the end of it!

He gets ***** that I can find all these pumps and things..
But he refuses to get himself a computer and get on-line..
I even offered him training!
Posted By: Alex Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Mon Nov 03 2014 03:36 PM
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
Originally Posted By: Alex
Had to sneak into Hillside Shortleg's neck of the woods to get this pump

LOL--Thought you were out of room! Those pumps just grow on ya, don't they!!

I am in need of a 12 step program...badly. I sell some and bang, more show up.
Posted By: marky Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Mon Nov 03 2014 05:54 PM
TJammer looking for a metal bracket like the one on your Sunoco sign is your sign single or double sided and is it 1 or 2 signs
Posted By: TJammer Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Mon Nov 03 2014 08:26 PM
The one on my sign is custom made..The sign is SSP..I believe it is one of two signs that go in the frame back to back.
I can't remember if Daryl told me he made it or he bought it..But either way, it is very well made, out of T iron..

Daryl (junior25) might be able to fill you in more;
Posted By: 60wayne Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Mon Nov 03 2014 09:25 PM
Picked up a few things.

Attached picture IMG_9696.JPG
Attached picture IMG_9695.JPG
I love those Veedol posters, who says paper stuff isn't good? I grab stuff like that anytime I can. Nice finds Kevin.

Goober
Posted By: dwright Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Mon Nov 03 2014 09:42 PM
Here's some signs I picked up this week. Finally found a decent Conoco! smile

Attached picture All a.jpg
Attached picture Conoco a.jpg
Attached picture HC 6ft a.jpg
Attached picture Phillips 6ft a.jpg
Man that is the cleanest HC i have ever seen. Nice!!!
Really-Really nice ones!!
Those 3 signs are as good as it gets! They are what we all strive for. Congratulations!
Drew, Fantastic signs!!

Here are a few more I bought last week and they came in the mail today. Thanks to a fellow gasser we worked a good trade out on the Indian..Keep them coming!

Attached picture IMG_3356.jpg
Posted By: KL Bird Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Tue Nov 04 2014 02:13 AM
Hey all, Made a deal on these 2 five foot B/A signs late last week and picked them up tonight. I had 2 like these and sold them a few years back and have been kicking myself ever since, and lo and behold, these fell into my lap. It feels nice to have these signs to fill the gap the other ones left.
Ken.

Defintely big enough to fill any gaps Ken...lol
man!!!! Kevin ,I`m drooling over your Tydol globe...that`s one globe I would love to have ..great buy!!!!!

Alan
wow!!! Kevin ,you are on a roll!!!trying to out buy Dave???
great posters!!!!
great stuff Matt!!! love your flying A pump!!!
Posted By: dwright Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Tue Nov 04 2014 03:05 PM
Thanks, guys. I love seeing all of the things people pick up here; wish I had more time to do the same!

Regards,

Drew
road sign you'd drive by on the way too the gas station... cool

Attached picture IMG_1273[1].JPG
Posted By: Mike M. Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Tue Nov 04 2014 08:33 PM
Originally Posted By: advertologist
road sign you'd drive by on the way too the gas station... cool

SWEET!!!
Posted By: BryceG Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Wed Nov 05 2014 03:11 AM
this rare Cities Service quart can is one that has evaded me for far too long... was finally able to land this near mint one.

Attached picture CS_TireRoller.jpg
LOL--Well I didn't bid you up on that one, because I missed the end of the auction. I had it in the watch list, but was gone that day. It has eluded me also, but I'm glad you got this one! Very nice rare can!!
Posted By: Nucky Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Wed Nov 05 2014 01:20 PM
I found those two quart cans this weekend

Posted By: BryceG Re: BOTW: "BUYS OF THE WEEK!" - Oct 27th-Nov 2nd, 2014 - Wed Nov 05 2014 03:58 PM
sure am glad you were gone that day Kevin! lol... I remember talking to you the last time one of these sold and knew you'd be watching this one.
Awesome buys everyone! Bryce, I love that qt. Very clean. here is my buy! Im stoked to have this qt to go along with my 5 qt! Thanks Kevin and Oldgas! Now I just need an upgrade of the 5 qt! I need 1 more 5 qt to complete the collection. Its plain, but I will pay up if its nice! Ill pay big for the qt can versions if they are nice.

Thanks
Noah

Attached picture php0IPri1PM.jpg
Attached picture phpZ1a69kPM.jpg
Love them Mobil cans. Never seen a Mobilgel before

Dan
Just some of my latest buys!!
LOVE that Sunoco 5 quart Trans can.

Attached picture IMG_20141106_195509_499 (2).jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk