Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: goodyear36 curb sign base - Sat Nov 15 2014 05:43 PM
Picked this up the other day. Does anyone know what sign this would have originally came with?

Attached picture tex pic.JPG
Posted By: jrsironworks Re: curb sign base - Sat Nov 15 2014 05:48 PM
I had 2 of those and was told they were fantasy pieces made in Mexico
Posted By: Mike M. Re: curb sign base - Sat Nov 15 2014 06:27 PM
heard same thing a few years back that they were made off Coke curb sign Castings.
Posted By: Maps for the memories Re: curb sign base - Sat Nov 15 2014 08:06 PM
Why would Texaco put a bunch of money into something the motorist would never see? I vote fantasy.
Posted By: Tankar Re: curb sign base - Sat Nov 15 2014 09:13 PM
there was one at I G show last year that was a fake,
Posted By: Donald D. Brock Re: curb sign base - Sat Nov 15 2014 10:30 PM
Bought one of those at the Portland Swap Meet 15+ years ago...thought I had found a rare piece. Over the course of the day I saw 2 others in 2 different booths. Brought mine back to the original seller and got my money back. He had already brought out another one to sell. So, at least 4 in one day? when I had never seen or heard of one in 15 years of collecting?? (at that point)......not likely. And they do match the Coca Cola bases except, obviously, Coke didn't have the wording or star.
Posted By: wocopep Re: curb sign base - Sat Nov 15 2014 10:53 PM
Fantasy piece . Saw my first one about 16 or 17 years ago. Almost bought it, but waited and checked it out later in the day with another TEXACO collector. Have seen several since.
Posted By: Tbirdgas Re: curb sign base - Sun Nov 16 2014 05:08 PM
Originally Posted By: OK Used Cars
Bought one of those at the Portland Swap Meet 15+ years ago...thought I had found a rare piece. Over the course of the day I saw 2 others in 2 different booths. Brought mine back to the original seller and got my money back. He had already brought out another one to sell. So, at least 4 in one day? when I had never seen or heard of one in 15 years of collecting?? (at that point)......not likely. And they do match the Coca Cola bases except, obviously, Coke didn't have the wording or star.

Biggest swap meet in the NW,sure hope you didn't lug that beast to far before returning it.
Posted By: Mike M. Re: curb sign base - Tue Nov 18 2014 05:17 PM
I would think if you have ever seen one of these you should question anyone that's similar?

Attached picture $_57f.jpg
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk