Oldgas.com Home
Posted By: dfranchi Hayes Visible - Restored to Union Oil - Mon Nov 24 2014 09:59 PM
A ways back my wife went to an auction near Paso Robles, CA, and came home with an anniversary
present --- a Hayes visible. She's been after me for several years to restore it. For the
purists, I suspect it never looked like this originally, but it was also never intended to end
up in our family room.

Globe and cylinder are originals.

Many thanks to Frank Jones for the paint job, and overall restoration. Also, Ron Scobie,
for casting the bonnet, and Mike Slama for the decal.

Thanks to Dick Bennett, who had me over to his house years ago, and showed me the workings
of his Hayes 15 gallon, helped me with the color scheme from old photos, and the price to
pay for the cylinder.

Close up detail of Frank's work:

Posted By: 42packard Re: Hayes Visible - Restored to Union Oil - Mon Nov 24 2014 10:10 PM
Very Nice - It makes me want to finish mine!
Posted By: pumpingethyl Re: Hayes Visible - Restored to Union Oil - Mon Nov 24 2014 10:35 PM
Beautiful pump....Frank's restorations are ALWAYS incredible.
Posted By: advertologist Re: Hayes Visible - Restored to Union Oil - Mon Nov 24 2014 11:10 PM
the pump sets the room off, looking good... cool
Posted By: Big Block Cat Re: Hayes Visible - Restored to Union Oil - Mon Nov 24 2014 11:26 PM
Dan the pump looks awesome! The Hyvis guy does some pretty darn nice work!

Ps I really hope that Beeline is mounted on a globe holder ring we do live in earthquake country you know... grin
Posted By: Rabbitman Re: Hayes Visible - Restored to Union Oil - Tue Nov 25 2014 01:33 AM

Ps I really hope that Beeline is mounted on a globe holder ring we do live in earthquake country you know...

......and the three on the desk, wouldn't want to lose that Rebel! Very nice pump, beautiful job......
Posted By: Dave's Garage Re: Hayes Visible - Restored to Union Oil - Tue Nov 25 2014 02:10 AM
Very nice pump!!!
Posted By: bsplichal95 Re: Hayes Visible - Restored to Union Oil - Tue Nov 25 2014 03:48 AM
That is a great looking pump! Good job.
Posted By: pickurt Re: Hayes Visible - Restored to Union Oil - Tue Nov 25 2014 01:55 PM
Nice gift, your a lucky man. As far as the pump goes, awesome.

Posted By: dfranchi Re: Hayes Visible - Restored to Union Oil - Tue Nov 25 2014 03:13 PM
Thanks for the nice comments. I have a Wayne 60 in process with Frank now.

As far as the globes go, I have already lost one in an earthquake, so now all my globes are fastened down
with globe ring holders or displayed on old pump tops to secure them. The Tankar and Rebel were staged
for the picture. My wife won't let me screw globe rings into the antique top --- can you figure?
Posted By: frankpl Re: Hayes Visible - Restored to Union Oil - Tue Nov 25 2014 04:06 PM
It Looks awesome Dan, glad your happy with it, doing bodywork on your 60 now, thanks for showing the Hayes...Frank
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Hayes Visible - Restored to Union Oil - Wed Nov 26 2014 12:40 PM
Frank's pump are always on my radar, great jobs, good color combination, and very fine detailing. Frank you just have to move closer to us here.
Posted By: frankpl Re: Hayes Visible - Restored to Union Oil - Wed Nov 26 2014 04:15 PM
Thanks Craig I'd really like to be up there but now that I'm building my new shop I'm kinda stuck here..Frank
Posted By: Craig Osbeck Re: Hayes Visible - Restored to Union Oil - Wed Nov 26 2014 09:55 PM
I am trying to build one also.
© Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk